Sensitivity Post Sergury

Previous topic - Next topic

rwil

I recently underwent a procedure for what was deemed to be Peyronie's disease.  As it turns out, the condition was actually attributed to something called Chordee that is congenial.  The surgical procedure was very similar to that involved in Peyronie's disease.  They 'de-gloved' the penis, removed/cut some fiberous tissue, then did a small Nesbitt's procedure to create a more straight erection.

It has since been 3-4 weeks since the surgery and I have suffered from an extreme loss of sensitivity in tip of my penis, along with the shaft just below the head.  The skin between the scar and the tip has lost nearly all feeling.  Is this normal?  Will sensation return?  

Since the surgery, I have had a challenge ejaculating.  It can be achieved, but take substantially more time and effort.  I want to believe it is a result of the loss of sensitivity.  Is this normal?

I addition, I did not have the doctor remove the stitches.  I attempted to remove them myself.  I think I got most of them, but some broke off under the skin.  Will these naturally be excreted from my body or are they there forever?  Are the downside effects to this?

fubar

Rwil

When I was five I slid down a tree and a _ nail cut my penis open. Luckily at this time in my life it did not cause Peyronie's as I could see that membrane was not damaged or touched. The stitches that were used on me in 1970 were the kind that dissapeared  on there own.Probably cat gut or something I do not know.

I would not worry though I would think sensitivity will come back soon.Extracting stitches I would leave to the professionals. Might want to keep an eye out for infection. I have taken stitches out to but........

Fubar

Brightdog

Hey, rwil! I also had surgery - just over 4 weeks ago. I lost ALL sensation in the head of my penis, but they assured me in most cases it comes back gradually over the next 6 months. I also have stitches all over the place - I thought they would have dissolved by now. I was thinking this morning "I should yank those out..." but I'm gutless and will likely wait for my appointment on September 8th.

Why, oh why, don't they TELL us how to manage the post-op things? I am trying to stay calm, but at this point the results of the surgery look pretty dismal. Except for the relief from pain. I have to admit that it's nice not to be in pain at the slightest sign of an erection. And to be able to urinate freely again.