Plication with Dr. Brian Christine with Photos

Previous topic - Next topic

oscark

After reading positive reviews here as well as a recommendation from Dr. Kramer, I underwent plication with Dr. Christine last week.  Although the final results are still undetermined, I am very happy with how everything went.

He and his whole team were awesome.  Willing to answer any question.  In the consult, he explained my surgery options.  Once he induced erection, he actually said I had the perfect penis for plication.  It would be a "chip shot."  It was also great news that because of the size and shape of my curve, he predicted size loss would be minimal....millimeters.  He said he would not perform grafting as he didn't feel it was necessary (I wanted plication anyways).

As I had traveled across the country to see Dr. Christine, we schedule the surgery for the same week as consult.  Surgery took place at St. Vincent hospital.  Everyone again was incredibly helpful and professional.  Christine told me afterwards surgery only took 20 minutes.  There was one logistical hiccup, but I understood why and it wasn't a big deal for me.  Because I had traveled alone, I had no one to sign me out after anesthesia wore off. Because of this, I had to stay overnight and was released in the morning.

I had the penis wrapped for the first 48 hours after operation.  It made urinating a little difficult, but also wasn't any sort of real hassle.  Only time I have experienced pain is nocturnal erections.  On a pain scale of 1-10, I would say first night was probably a 7.  Subsequent nights maybe a 4.  Definitely manageable.  No sex or masturbation for 4 weeks.  He is not a big believer in traction to restore size, but said I was free to give it a try after 6 weeks.

I've included before/after photos taken during the surgery.  I was never gifted with size and peyronies only made that worse.  It is what it is and I'm ok with it haha.  This board has been very helpful during my journey and will try to answer questions if there are any.

Thanks,

Oscar
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Benjamin62

Fantastic... my surgery with him is in two weeks...
can't wait... appreciate your comments on level of pain.

Did you fly back day two?  How was the traveling??
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

oscark

Surgery on a Thursday.  Flew back on Sunday.  Could have easily flown back Saturday and Dr. encouraged me to do so....but change fees were exorbitant.  

Traveling was not a problem.

Good luck!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Peyronies29

How did you guys come to learn of Dr. Brian Christine? I am having surgery and live in Boston, would be willing to travel anywhere to make sure I'm using the best surgeon.  

Benjamin62

I live in Boston
First learned of Dr Christine in his YouTube channel by the same name
You can also go to his website to watch videos
The Urology Center of AL, is an impressive facility!
I flew down to see him and will have surgery in two weeks.
He's quite impressive as is his whole team

I spoke with a few others.  All top in the field
Other greats:
Joel Gelman LA
Larry Levine Chicago
Mike Lui SF

There is a doc in Bostom I heard is good
Munierz (spelling?)

But after a year of research I'm going with Dr Christine  

oscark

I think I read some good things about Christine on this forum initially.  I spoke with several other surgeons including Gelman and Kramer.  I strongly considered Gelman, but he is not covered by Blue Cross.  Kramer wasn't interested in just plication without implant, but highly recommended Levine and Christine.

I had a great email conversation with Christine and decided to go for it.  Thus far, very glad I did.

By the way, I am also in the Boston area.  Had Xiaflex and Verapamil done at Men's Health Boston.  Not a big fan of that place.

Frank55

Thanks for this update Oscark. Please keep us posted on your progress. I only want to get an implant if I absolutely have to so I'll be investigating plication this year.

Benjamin62 please let us know your results as well. And good luck.
Single and 58 yrs. old - first peyronies symptoms Fall 2015
Had grafting surgery by Franklin Kuehhas in June 2016 - complete failure
Borderline ED possible but not taking drugs, shots or using VED
Now evaluating options for next step

Inkognito

How much of curve did you have ? Did it really prevent you from sex ? Or surgery was just for aesthetic appearance. If you ask me your penis prity much looked normal before surgery as well.

Pfract

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us Oscar! also, i found it interesting that you asked Dr. Kramer on an opinion on this. Did he advise you to pursue this route?

john.doe.550

oscar, thank you for sharing this news and photos.  It is encouraging and am hoping for stellar results for you.  
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

oscark

Quote from: Inkognito on February 08, 2020, 11:44:38 AM
How much of curve did you have ? Did it really prevent you from sex ? Or surgery was just for aesthetic appearance. If you ask me your penis prity much looked normal before surgery as well.

Curve measured between 40-43 degrees.  It didn't prevent me from having sex, but it wasn't ideal.  To be brutally honest haha, when you aren't large to begin with and peyronies has only worsened that problem, the curve makes it appear even smaller.  Or at least in my mind it did.

oscark

Quote from: pfract on February 08, 2020, 05:33:58 PM
Thanks for sharing these pictures with us Oscar! also, i found it interesting that you asked Dr. Kramer on an opinion on this. Did he advise you to pursue this route?

I contacted Dr. Kramer to ask about having him perform the surgery.  He thought there were better options than himself if I only needed plication (no implant).  That is when he suggested Levine and Christine.  As a close third, he also mentioned Dr. Knoll in Nashville.

jan.schaller1958

Looks like a good result and looks exactly like mine. I've not had the surgery but am considering this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29644164

Maybe it's the same thing. Is it?

I lost a lot of length due to Peyroines (which is the greatest heartbreak - going from a straight 8 inches to this) but even getting a few inches back would be a blessing. I just fear scar tissue formation which might impede my foreskin restoration stretching regime I've been working on for 7 months. Not sure if it will or not. Any input would be appreciated.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Benjamin62

Yes. That article refers to part of the procedure.
I head down to Alabama on Wednesday for my Plication and ET graft with Dr Christine.
As far as I know Christine learned this grafting from Tom Lue in San Francisco.  Don't know any other docs doing this.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: Benjamin62 on February 17, 2020, 09:38:55 AM
I head down to Alabama on Wednesday for my Plication and ET graft with Dr Christine.
As far as I know Christine learned this grafting from Michael Lue in San Francisco.  Don't know any other docs doing this.

You mean Tom Lue at UCSF. He's the one I'm seeing about this or something similar.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: Benjamin62 on February 17, 2020, 09:38:55 AM
As far as I know Christine learned this grafting from Tom Lue in San Francisco.  Don't know any other docs doing this.

Yeah, it sounds like the same surgery. Do me a favor and ask about scar tissue formation if you remember. I won't be able to see Dr. Lue for awhile and I'm wondering if this surgery causes any scar tissue which would negatively impact my foreskin restoration by stretching. I'll ask Lue when I see him but no one knows.  

john.doe.550

Benjamin62, really hoping you have surgery results equal to the really good ones described in this forum.  It'll be interesting to see how well it all goes for you.  It seems there are one-half dozen or more surgeons in the US doing really good work.  I follow the plication threads because it'll probably be done to me in 3 to 6 months.  Again, wishing the best results for you.
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

john.doe.550

jan.schaller, thanks for providing the hyperlink to the article about Tutoplast SuspendĀ®.  This material is very interesting.  Please inform the forum if you use it or something else, as well as your impressions following surgery. I'm hopeful your results will reflect the skill possessed in the surgeons hands.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: john.doe.550 on February 21, 2020, 06:47:56 AM
jan.schaller, thanks for providing the hyperlink to the article about Tutoplast SuspendĀ®.  This material is very interesting.  Please inform the forum if you use it or something else, as well as your impressions following surgery. I'm hopeful your results will reflect the skill possessed in the surgeons hands.

Thanks John Doe. I'm 61 myself and have had Peyroines since 2016. I'm going back to Dr Lue at UCSF to see about the surgery. It's more about regaining some length than straightening, but of course I want both. But, most importantly, I'm curious on whether the surgery will leave any scar tissue which could impair my foreskin stretching routine to recover the glans. If it could negatively impact it, then I'm not having the surgery. Have to wait to talk with Dr Lue to find out.  

TDix

I had a tachosil adhesive graft put in.  No scar tissue, just a slight bulge where the graft is
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TonySa

A bulge is good as it usually decreases w time.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

oscark

Update one month out.  Doctor had told me sex was a go after four weeks.  To be fair, he also mentioned some people's recoveries take longer.  Unfortunately, I appear to be one of those.  Nothing wrong, just not ready to have sex yet.  Incision area still stands out (inflamed?).  You can still see a few of the dissolvable sutures.  All of that I think would be fine for sex, but I still do have pain with straight erections.  On a scale of 1-10, pain is probably a 4.  Just enough to make sex unpleasant.  Erection size is still smaller than I am hoping as well, but I think that is just a side effect of the recovery/pain.  Flacid I can't dell any size difference pre/post.

I have a trip planned to visit my girlfriend in 2 weeks.  Here is hoping for rapid improvement haha.

Full recovery would have been great at 4 weeks, but I am still optimistic about the final result.

Benjamin62

Fantastic!
Yeah, just finished week one... seems more like 6-8 weeks would be more accurate.   The inflammation is inside and out ;)
Peace  

Mhbethea

Just finished 5 weeks I'm healing good but dr say 6 to 8 before sex and I have that restore x traction device im going to start using but head and where stitches was still to big and somewhat swollen to use.  

Benjamin62

I'm now seven weeks post op...
Plication and extra tunical grafting with dr Christine.
Straight erection... suck in lockdown
Can't wait to use it...