Introduction - new onset Peyronie's Disease

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingSquirrel

Hello everyone.

I'm going to call myself FlyingSquirrel, because this was one of the most random and least depressing things I could think of.

I am in my early 30s and I got diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease at the end of last year. There was an injury (I was putting my pants on - no, really - and the thing just... buckled) but I can't say for certain what was there first - injury, or the disease that just made buckling more likely. There was some pain but I initially wrote it off as a weird sexual side effect of antidepressants. When I finally noticed the downward curve, I freaked out and made an appointment with the first available urologist, who diagnosed me with Peyronies Disease and said that basically nothing can be done in the acute phase, that pills and traction devices are useless, Xiaflex is probably not for me because my plaque is located on the bottom and an injection could damage the urethra. So basically I was told to wait a year and then we'll see if a surgery is needed.

I wasn't very happy with that answer and went looking for a second opinion, this time to a doctor who was listed on the Xiaflex web site. The second doctor said traction devices have some value but he wouldn't recommend them in the active phase; as far as Xiaflex, he wasn't sure if it's an option with my plaque location, and said he needed to do more research. In the meantime, seeing my anxiety, he recommended hand modelling exercises. So I do them twice a day.

I still wasn't satisfied, so I have an appointment next week with a doctor who is about 60 miles away but who specializes in Peyronie's. I also exchanged emails with Dr. Trost, who assured me that traction in the acute phase is beneficial to stop the progress of the disease. So I ordered a RestoreX; currently waiting for it to arrive. I am dreading it, to be honest: I am uncircumcised and very sensitive down there.

What else is there to say? It's rough, to put it mildly. I already had clinical depression since young age, and Peyronie's Disease obviously didn't make it any better. Funnily enough, before Peyronies Disease I felt fairly self-confident sexually: even though I haven't been sexually active for several years due to general self-esteem issues, I knew that at least I could do it without a problem if I had a girlfriend. Now I can't even say that anymore. On the other hand, being single means there is no marriage or relationship that Peyronie's Disease is going to break up, so there's that.

I am glad this place exists and I am sorry that you and I are all here. Thank you for reading.
Age: early 30s. Onset of disease: end of 2019. Ventral curvature about 45 degrees. Treatments: manual modeling/traction. Planning on Xiaflex when I find a doctor who agrees to attempt it.

strat

Welcome — I can relate on the sexual confidence thing. My Peyronies Disease isn't that bad yet, but it's steadily getting worse where I'm not confident I could have sex anymore if I tried, which is crushing. I'm using Restorex, also active phase, but so far no results. Hopefully we'll have better luck with time.
28 years old, symptoms started Nov 2019

TonySa

Welcome, be sure to read the survival guide: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057
Restorex is a great traction strategy and you could also add pentox and daily low dose PDE5i to help remodel plaque to healthy tissue.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MountainArrow

Welcome to the forum.

Stopping smoking and taking Pentox has helped me a lot. I have a full regimen you might want to check out in my first post here.
54-year-old actively self-treating at home.