Coenzyme Q10/Ubiquinone - Ubiquinol

Previous topic - Next topic

Tertius

Hi George,

Thanks for this:

Tertius,  The amount of Ubiquinone used in the successful Peyronie's study was 300mg per day.  Based on that, I am using 300mg of the Ubiquinol per day and finding it highly effective.  Woodman has also posted on other threads that he is getting results from this amount.  The best way to take it is 100mg with meals three times per day.  Ubiquinol is simply reduced Ubiquinone.  If you consume Ubiquinone, your body tries to convert it to Ubiquinol.  It may or may not succeed depending on age and health etc.  If you take Ubiquinol, the conversion is already done and it can go right to work in your body without any intervening processing by your body.

The Ubiquinone has now come through to UK from Puritan's Pride, ordered carriage free on their UK site, and without UK import duties (just over two weeks in total from time of order).

Fingers crossed.

Tertius

Iceman

im liking this ubiquinol - its doing the trick for me

hornman

Iceman I'm so happy things are looking better for you but do you really think its the Ubiquinol that's making the difference?  Oral meds usually take many months before improvement is seen.  Maybe Ubiquinol will be different and results will be seen sooner.  Are you on Pentox as well?

George999

I was amazed.  The Ubiquinol kicked in immediately for me.  Perhaps even faster than Pentox.  But these are pain benefits.  The benefits in terms of easing deformity are a much slower process.  The pain benefits happened rather rapidly for me with both AND both seem to stop the PROGRESSION of deformity rather quickly.  - George

Iceman

im on pentox as well as ubiquinol - guys out there TRUST ME!!! - ive done everything BUT NOTHING and I MEAN nothing has stopped the pain like ubiquinol - ive tried everything but nothing is like this stuff - get on it even to give it a go - i just hope it keeps doing what its doing - this also leads me to ask the question - was i deficient in ubiquinol?? why was that and how did it occur and what does it do???

hornman

Hmmmm  It hasn't done a damn thing for me.  Last night the pain radiated from the base of my penise and all through my groin.  This sucks.  I'm beginning to think life sucks.  

George999

Quote from: Iceman on November 23, 2010, 04:25:58 AM
im on pentox as well as ubiquinol - guys out there TRUST ME!!! - ive done everything BUT NOTHING and I MEAN nothing has stopped the pain like ubiquinol - ive tried everything but nothing is like this stuff - get on it even to give it a go - i just hope it keeps doing what its doing - this also leads me to ask the question - was i deficient in ubiquinol?? why was that and how did it occur and what does it do???

Ubiquinol is essential to the health of the mitochondria that power to cells of the body.  As people age, their bodies produce less Ubiquinol.  Dietary Ubiquinol comes primarily from animal sources, and even then dietary sources don't provide much.  Additionally, a wide range of medications are either known to deplete Ubiquinol or suspected of depleting it.  In many cases these are among the same medications as are associated with Peyronie's.  The Iranian trials demonstrated that it does not work for all guys suffering from Peyronie's, but is does work to at least some degree for a majority of them.  More information about Ubiquinol and its mitochondrial connection can be found here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coenzyme_Q10 and here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coenzyme_Q10  - George

MikeSmith0

Quote from: hornman on November 23, 2010, 08:23:23 AM
Hmmmm  It hasn't done a damn thing for me.  Last night the pain radiated from the base of my penise and all through my groin.  This sucks.  I'm beginning to think life sucks.  

Hornman, how long have you had Peyronies Disease?  After about 9 months the pain seemed to finally stop for me.  They say it tends to stop around a year post-onset for most guys.  Pentox has helped some w/ pain...I think it helped me too at one point.  I did have a steroid injection (into the base) of kenalog.  I know people aren't a fan of injections here... Dr. Ricardo Munarriz published a paper on this injection helping pain in all men in his study - so I tried it.  My doc just put in a small amount, since steroids cause problems themselves.  I was having verapamil at the time anyway - so another shot was not a big deal.

I posted earlier that a doctor in my family disagrees w/ kenalog injections (they cause calcification), however...and says celestone should've been used.  I have not run this by any urologists, though this doc (in my family) has been in practice 30 years and knows his stuff beyond any doctor I've ever met.  

I think the VED helped with pain also actually...but it's hard to say bc I have been on and off so many drugs and supplements.   Hope you feel better.  And yes, I share your feeling that life pretty much sucks with this.  I deleted my 10 page long psych post about my feelings on this issue - but I've got them in spades.

Iceman

hornman: forgot to tell you im on tribulus as well.....why do you have pain still  - how long have you had Peyronies Disease for??? are you on pentox

hornman

I have had Peyronies for about 2 yrs.  At 1st I just had the pain without any deformity and my incompetent urologist was treating me for an inflammed prostrate which it turns out I did not have.  Then the dents, hourglassing and bend showed up.  We knew it was Peyronies.  I got the wait and see story and maybe take some vitamin E.  My urologist refused me Pentox saying he used it in the past with not very good results.  I finally got some Pentox on line and have been on it for 30 days.  Ubiquinol for 2 months.  I usually have pain at night in the flaccid state.  Erections hurt and sex is not pleasurable. My penis is pathetic at this point.  I'm 53 yrs.old.  My wife does not say much but I can tell she is much less interested in making sexual love.  

George999

Hornman,  I certainly would not get discouraged at this point.  You are doing all of the right things and a disease like Peyronie's can be very tenacious when it gets advanced.  You just have to keep pounding away at it.  You also have to be assertive with your doctors which is something I think you are learning.  Some things I would recommend:

1)  I would really check thoroughly my general health, especially in terms of inflammatory markers.  These include, but are not limited to things like Vitamin D levels, Homocysteine levels, high sensitivity CRP levels, etc.

2)  I would pay great attention to diet and exercise.  You are approaching the age where diet and exercise are more important than genetics in terms of maintaining general health.

3)  I would look at other anti-inflammatory supplements like high quality fish oil and pay special attention to inflammatory foods v anti-inflammatory foods.

You are just going to have to dig deeper in order to get a handle on this.  Many of us who are having success with Ubiquinol and Pentoxifylline are also deep into the above items as well.  It really takes a tour de force effort to deal with serious inflammatory issues.

- George

hornman

Thanks George, I appreciate your input.  I have been exercising and taking fish oil and vitamin D.  Diet could use some improvements.  I,m about 20lbs overweight.  I'm a heavy salt user with borderline hypertension.  It's easy to pop supplements but much harder to change eating habits.  It's time to get serious.  Inflammation has been causing other problems for me as well.  I was making a good living as a horn player for years until unexplained lip swelling and facial weakness ended my career.  I have bouts of IBS and hemorrhoid problems as well.  Lots of stress.

Again thanks for your advice.  

George999

Hornman,  I've been there myself.  I was losing control of my hypertension and having all sorts of peripheral issues popping up.  I began following Dr Oz and lost forty pounds and my hypertension actually disappeared completely for over a year when I had no need anymore for my BP pills.  Then I contracted the nasty peripheral neuropathy and in the process the blood pressure problem returned.  But my weigh regain from the bottom is still less than ten pounds and stable so that monster is tamed.  And now, with perseverance the neuropathy is gone as well and I am able to work at the BP again.  We just can't give up on these issues.  We have the tools, they are out there.  We just have to find them and make the most of them.  One of the things that helped me beat the neuropathy was chelation.  Chelation used to be a big deal, but now they have chelating fiber out there with none of the nasty side effects of the old treatments.  So unloading my bod from some of its decades long accumulation of lead, mercury and who knows what else was a huge help for me as well.  So you just have to pull out all the stops and work your way from one goal post to another until you conquer all the insults that time and bad choices have inflicted on you.  That is what worked (and continues to work) for me.  I wish you the best!  - George

Iceman

guys - Ubiquinol is really doing the trick - no joke - its really making a big difference to pain levels and flaccid state...

YMENOW

Is anyone using Coenzyme Q10 with Warfarin.  I take 7.5mg of the blood thinner everyday and am wondering if it will have a pronounced interaction with 300mgs of Q10.  Reports say that I should be under doctors supervision; however, my internist doesn't believe in taking any supplements.

It seems like a good thing for me but would like some feedback on this.  I have a home monitor to test my INR.  Appreciate any help.

YMN

George999

YMENOW,  Warfarin (Coumadin) has to be one of the trickiest drugs to deal with.  I would be VERY cautious.  If you are going to use something like CoQ10, you are going to need to find a physician who will work with you on it.  It requires EXTREMELY CAREFUL monitoring of your clotting factors.  Any missteps could result in bleeding issues including stroke.  Word is that there is *finally* a new and far better drug on the way to replace coumadin.  If I were you I would rant and rail for an alternative as soon as one is available.  Currently, some people use Nattokinase, which is an exceptionally powerful clot inhibiting supplement, instead of coumadin.  But, there again, you would need to find a physician who would work with you on this.  A do it yourself project could easily be deadly either from a clot or from bleeding.  It requires professional expert guidance and testing to make it work.  Sorry we can't be more help.  We (at least most of us) around here are not physicians and we simply can not give guidance on how to mix supplements and prescription drugs.  That is where you need assistance from physicians and pharmacists who are trained in these areas and pretty much know how to keep us patients alive.  If you really would like to explore alternatives, you might look into seeing a doctor (an MD NOT a chiropractor!) trained in functional medicine ( http://www.functionalmedicine.org/ ).  If you use the provider search feature on that site, you will find several cardiologists in NYC listed.  - George

Farinthesouth

Quote from: Iceman on November 25, 2010, 10:15:17 PM
guys - Ubiquinol is really doing the trick - no joke - its really making a big difference to pain levels and flaccid state...

Hi IM: can you detail actual pain level; flaccid or erect state?

Thanks

hornman

There hasn't exactly been a great plethora of responces about peoples reactions to Ubiquinol.  A few guys have communicated some benefit.  I'm sure many of you must be taking it after reading of the study.  Please post your results so far.

Hornman

chefcasey

I've been taking it for about 2 weeks.  I haven't really noticed anything yet, but it's probably too early to tell

George999

Well, it is certainly working for me.  I just posted in the improvements section.  - George

chefcasey

Wow I just read it, that's excellent George,

Do you attribute this happening to the ubiquinol? How long have you been taking it?

George999

Casey,  I started taking the Ubiquinol at 100mg 3X per day in September.  Previously, I had been taking Pentox which took care of all my acute pain.  Before Pentox I had intermittent bouts of pain for no apparent reason.  Pentox fixed that problem.  But I would still get pain with even the most minor of injuries which in and of itself kind of knocked out my sex life.  Immediately, upon starting the Ubiquinol, I discovered that no amount of injury seemed to cause pain.  This was the ONLY initial change upon starting Ubiquinol, but I saw it as a really good sign that Ubiquinol was ADDING to Pentox's suppression of inflammation.  Until last night that was the ONLY evidence I had in favor of Ubiquinol.  But last night changed the whole equation.  And, yes, given the results of the Iranian study, I am convinced that Ubiquinol (along with Pentox, of course) played a key role in what happened last night.  So at this point I am looking forward to adding PQQ to the equation, since PQQ is really reputed to multiply the effects of Ubiquinol significantly.  - George

newguy

Your improvement post is great news George. An improvement like that after four years really does give hope to others. What's your current regimen: pentox, coq10 and vitamin D? PQQ does sound like another angle of interest. I look forward to hearing how you and S&S get on with that. I've been on COQ10 for a few weeks now, and posts like yours give me hope that I was right to add it!

slowandsteady

LEF is claiming increased bioavailability of ubiquinol when taken with shilajit.

newguy

Quote from: slowandsteady on December 04, 2010, 10:31:27 AM
LEF is claiming increased bioavailability of ubiquinol when taken with shilajit.

Thanks for that. This recent review might be good to get hold of: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20863275  It put me in the mindset of the curcumin episode before, where ways were used to quite significantly increase bioavailability. Currently with Coq10 I'm taking 2 300mg capsules with food. I read that taking it in multiple doses is more useful than all in one go. Beyond that I haven't tried to increase its bioavailability via any other method.

George999

For sure that one would be a fun read.  Unfortunately $100 plus is a little steep for me to  afford for one article.  For sure there are a plethora of methods for enhanced CoQ10 transport.  All I know at this point is that the LEF formula is working for me quite obviously.  I am sure that there are likely other approaches out there that work just as well.  I believe that it is Iceman that is also getting good pain relief which is an indication that the CoQ10 he is taking is doing its stuff.  You might want to ask him what brand and formula he is using.  What we really need here at this point is for more guys who are trying CoQ10 to provide feedback so we can all get a better idea of what is working and what isn't.  - George

SSmithe

George,
Congrats on the improvement posting.  I wanted to weigh in as you have requested to hear from more people who are using Ubiquinol.  
I have had pain after sex for probably 8 years now and (I hate to jinx it, but... ) the pain is 90% gone and it corresponds with starting on the Ubiquinol.  I too started around September at 3 x 100mg daily.  Im trying not to let myself get too excited as this is a small step in the big picture, but less pain is great!

I have been on Pentox for about 6 months and can't honestly say whether or not it has done anything.  
SSmithe
32 years old.  Peyronies since 22. Stabilized peyronies plaque.  ED.  Trying to stay positive.

George999

Quote from: SSmithe on December 07, 2010, 09:32:08 PM
George,
Congrats on the improvement posting.  I wanted to weigh in as you have requested to hear from more people who are using Ubiquinol.  
I have had pain after sex for probably 8 years now and (I hate to jinx it, but... ) the pain is 90% gone and it corresponds with starting on the Ubiquinol.  I too started around September at 3 x 100mg daily.  Im trying not to let myself get too excited as this is a small step in the big picture, but less pain is great!

I have been on Pentox for about 6 months and can't honestly say whether or not it has done anything.  
SSmithe

Thanks so much for sharing this!  I have just started with PQQ in addition to Pentox and Ubiquinol.  S&S is also taking PQQ.  We will update all as we go along.  The key here for all of us is that just a few years ago, there was NOTHING, absolutely nothing that one could take that would provide Peyronie's relief.  Now we have Pentox and Ubiquinol and I assure you there is more in the pipeline.  Hang in there.  We are going to beat this disease!  - George

chefcasey

Well it's been a week since I can say that I don't have pain anymore. I used to get it periodically, but always when i ejaculated, since my pc muscle would tighten and push against the scar tissue, it would hurt like hell.  Now this week I have ejaculated almost every day and there is no pain.  

I can't say for sure if it was the ubiquinol, I've been taking it for about a month now.  I've also upped my dosage of alc from 1g-2gs a day, so it's hard to say.  No change in deformity yet, but no pain is definitely a plus.

George999

So was it the Ubiquinol ... or was it the ALC ... or was it a combination of both that did the job?  The way I see it is that it really isn't important.  What IS important is that the pain is gone.  And THAT is PROGRESS.  And progress on one front opens the door for progress on other fronts.  In my case, the first effect of Ubiquinol was that the pain disappeared.  Later on other good things have come along and I am expecting more.  I am currently adding Peak ATP (http://www.peakatp.com/faq.php) to the mix (it is reputed to give a huge kick to blood flow), so we will see how that goes.  - George

chefcasey

I'm willing to bet it was a combination of both.  Both have studies producing similar results, although I think the ubiquinine  study was more reliable.  I'm always looking at new supplements to help combat this thing, the big thing is adding pentox, which hopefully dr. Levine will prescribe me when I see him in 3 weeks. I'd be interested to see what the combination of all 3 can do.  All 3 have proven efficacy in Peyronies Disease sufferers right? So I think the odds are pretty good I'll see some good benefit. :)  

I noticed that some of you have added pqq to the mix, as it's supposed to amplify the effects of ubiquinol, I might try that as well. Wow, it actually feels good to have some options with this disease.

JimRaynor

Quote from: Iceman on November 13, 2010, 01:13:16 AM
100 mg x 1 per day - day 4 now and no pain

Hey Iceman, I realize that is a way old post, but 100Mg a day, why?

Looks like the Iranian study used 300mg. Just curious how you came to 100.

Tnx.

George999

Jim,  The Iranian study began in 2006.  In 2006 there Ubiquinol was not yet on the market.  The Iranian researchers most likely used the then current standard, Ubiquinone, instead.  But the newer Ubiquinol is, at least for older guys, far more potent than Ubiquinone.  Thus Iceman may well be getting good action out of only 100mg.  Personally, I am taking the full 300mg and getting VERY good action from it in combination from Pentoxifylline.  But Ubiquinol very likely will far outperform the older Ubiquinone probably used in the Iranian study.  - George

GS

Gentlemen,

Do any of you think using CO Q 10 as a topical ointment would help with our scar tissue?  According to my limited research on the web, it is a tiny molecule and will penetrate the skin.  How deeply it will penetrate would be the question.

Please let me know what you think.

GS

hornman

Why so little interest or comments from the so called top peyronies urologist about ubiquinol?  I haven't seen any updates on any of their sites.  Are the biggies like Levine and Lue recommending Ubiquinol?

Hornman

George999

Quote from: hornman on December 24, 2010, 09:03:17 AM
Why so little interest or comments from the so called top peyronies urologist about ubiquinol?  I haven't seen any updates on any of their sites.  Are the biggies like Levine and Lue recommending Ubiquinol?

Hornman

I think it will take time.  The first indication of CoQ10 derivatives being useful for Peyronie's was the Iranian study which really just became known this year although it was actually published last year.  On the other hand, Pentoxifylline has been used for Peyronie's for a number of years now.  Who knows what Peyonie's experts are doing with CoQ10?  But they are NOT going to recommend it publically until they have been using it successfully on a small scale for a period of years.  Thats just the way medicine works.  Doctors are very risk averse when it comes to these things.  And that is way I follow the research all the time.  If I make a mistake and buy something that turns out not to work in the long run, I am not going to be worried about it too much.  I will just write it off and move on to something else.  However, if a doctor does that, there are patients out there who will sue the doctor.  That is why doctors like to stick with stuff the drug companies push.  That way if anything goes wrong, the drug companies take the heat and they have lots of money to absorb heat.  That is sort of the deal.  So I am sure they are watching it and doing who knows what with it, but they are not going to commit to its effectiveness publicly until they can fully justify such a commitment with hard data.

Having said that, I really confident in Ubiquinol myself, since I have seen its effect for myself in my own case.  And I will continue to personally recommend it, with, of course, the disclaimer that I am not a doctor.  And I am really hopeful that someone will do a research study on the effectiveness of treatment with Pentox and Ubiquinol combined, because I think the results of such a study would be very interesting.  - George

slowandsteady

Some Co Q10 should make it through the skin (it has a molecular weight of 865, so it's fairly small). You can buy it as cream (here's one). It couldn't hurt, but I don't know if it would help.

michael1001

hello all,

I'm new diagnosticated with this disease.
I have a small angulation and a small plaque and no pain.I didn't noticed any modification since the onset of the disease(about 2 months)
I read that in my case the "watch and wait" technique should be applied.
I went to my uro and he sent me home and told me to come back every month
for observations.
I don't want to wait and do nothing . After a lot of reading on this forum
I thought  I should try the CoQ10 and pentox.
I need your opinion please.

Thanks a lot.

George999

Michael,  The ONLY reason the docs say "wait and see" is because they don't know how to treat Peyronie's with anything other than surgery.  So what they really mean is wait and hope it gets better, otherwise you will need to have surgery.  The reality is that Pentox and CoQ10 work.  The sooner you get started with them the better.  CoQ10 comes in two forms, Ubiquinone (cheap) and Ubiquinol (expensive).  If you are under 40, you can probably get alone with the Ubiquinone type (if it is just labeled "CoQ10", it is Ubiquinone).  If you are over 40, you will need the Ubiquinol form (always labeled as "Ubiquinol").  The body has to convert Ubiquinone to Ubiquinol to be effective, older bodies have a hard time with that.  Ubiquinol is widely available over the counter and there is no insurance coverage for it.  Pentoxifylline (Trental) is a prescription med.  Its use for Peyronie's is "off label".  Most urologists will refuse to prescribe if for that reason although there are a growing number of enlightened uros around who are prescribing it.  You should carefully download the Pentoxifylline related PDFs from the resource section of this forum and read them and attempt to share them with your doctor.  If your doc still refuses you a prescription you will need to find a Peyroinie's specialist and request a second opinion referral from your current doctor.  Most Peryonie's specialists will request a referral to verify your Peyronie's diagnosis.  Pentoxifylline is generic and dirt cheap as prescription meds go and once you get a prescription, if you have the insurance coverage for prescription meds, it will likely be covered.  The typical dosage for CoQ10 is 100mg 3X per day, Pentoxifylline ER is 400mg 3X per day.  - George

Fred22

I seem to be getting some positive results from the ubiquinol.  Still some pain, but much better than before (and I've had pain for over 4 years)....nighttime erections were painful and now there's no pain with erections.  I'm up to 300 mg. per day....started with 300 per day back around the beginning of October then backed off when my mvp symptoms started to act up (turns out the ubiqionol was not the problem).  I'll probably stay at 300 per day for a couple of months then cut back....I'm also back on 2g ALCAR per day, but I believe it's the ubiquinol that is making the difference...Fred

chefcasey

Fred:

I'm taking both ubiquinol and ALC too.  I can't really tell which is bringing the pain down, but I bet it's ubiquinol too.  I was on ALC a couple months ago but stopped because I really didn't notice anything and at 2gs a day, the stuff is expensive.  However when I read the study on it, showing good statistical results, I gave it another shot.

George999

Just some comments about ALC and Ubiquinol:

Both work via the antioxidant pathway.  They both protect cellular mitochondria from damaging oxidation.  Mitochondria are especially vulnerable to oxidation because their function is to produce energy within the human cells.  When mitchondria die, they are discarded by the host cell.  And once disgarded, they trigger an immune system response.  This is where Pentoxifylline comes in by blocking further damage caused by the immune response.  The key difference between ALC and Ubiquinol is that Ubiquinol is endogenous and ALC is not.  Endogenous means that the body produces Ubiquinol internally specifically for this antioxidant function.  So Ubiquinol is the body's solution of choice to prevent oxidation.  This would likely make it a better choice than ALC.  But I did use ALC successfully for a long time, so it does work, at least it did for me.  But it provided nowhere near the relief that Ubiquinol has.  - George

semirade

I'm fairly new to this site, and can't seem to maneuver so well! I contracted Peyronie's coincidentally 2 months after being radiated for prostate cancer! It is my conclusion that this isn't a coincidence at all, but yet another result of the dreaded disease! Besides losing over 2"s in length after radiation and developing ED, as well as low testosterone - I feel now that I would have rather never treated the cancer! - But one thing at a time!
I'm 64 - got the cancer at 59 - haven't had sex since - but developed a "bottle-neck" variety of Peyronie's, increasing in severity, and wondered if anyone out there has experienced a similar situation, and/or if he has had success in treating this problem - it doesn't interfere with anything but aesthetics -
At this point I'm an  angry embittered man - who isn't pleasant being around - before the cancer it was a different story - so I'm sure, not only would I have preferred death by cancer, but so would several others who have come into contact with me!
My urologist(s) "quacks" in  NYC don't seem to offer advice on this particular area - they don't seem to think it's important - since it isn't a threatening condition! - so before putting a bullet through my head - does anyone have treatment suggestions?

MikeSmith0

Quote from: semirade on January 05, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
I'm fairly new to this site, and can't seem to maneuver so well! I contracted Peyronie's coincidentally 2 months after being radiated for prostate cancer! It is my conclusion that this isn't a coincidence at all, but yet another result of the dreaded disease! Besides losing over 2"s in length after radiation and developing ED, as well as low testosterone - I feel now that I would have rather never treated the cancer! - But one thing at a time!
I'm 64 - got the cancer at 59 - haven't had sex since - but developed a "bottle-neck" variety of Peyronie's, increasing in severity, and wondered if anyone out there has experienced a similar situation, and/or if he has had success in treating this problem - it doesn't interfere with anything but aesthetics -
At this point I'm an  angry embittered man - who isn't pleasant being around - before the cancer it was a different story - so I'm sure, not only would I have preferred death by cancer, but so would several others who have come into contact with me!
My urologist(s) "quacks" in  NYC don't seem to offer advice on this particular area - they don't seem to think it's important - since it isn't a threatening condition! - so before putting a bullet through my head - does anyone have treatment suggestions?

Try to get in to see a male sexual function specialist... most urologists are clueless about peyronies.   I'm not sure who is in NYC.  Levine in Chicago is who many of us have seen and he has done a lot of research on this.  His office might be able to even give you a name in NYC possibly if you can't travel - can't hurt to ask (just google levine urology chicago & you'll get their site).  

For your situation, you need to get a RX for pentoxifiline and cialis or viagra... then get the following supplements: l-arginine 1-2 grams per day, acetyl-l-carnitine 1-2 grams per day, ubiquinol - 300 mg per day (anyone please correct me if I am wrong on these doses -- I know there are some study doses & then other posters here have used various amounts...plus some can upset your stomach in very high amounts). All of these have theoretical and demonstrated clinical benefits in peyronie's disease.  E.g. penoxifyline inhibits TGFB1 which is inflammatory and present in penile tissue with men w/ Peyronies Disease - not in men without Peyronies Disease.   Cialis / viagra / etc... are important for normal erections and they also produce nitric oxide which can help reverse some of this.  

In addition to oral drugs and supplements, you need to do some form of "exercise" which can include a pump and an extension device (google "male edge" or "phallosan" or "sizegenetics" and see which one you want - these are not bogus devices...they have helped many people here including me.)  The pump you can get at fitzz.com but it is expensive and some have done ok with a cheaper product called bathmate...but most use the fitzz product and follow the protocol on the VED (vacum erection device) part of the board. VEDs require 20-30 mins of daily use (pumping / stretching).  Extenders require 4+ hours of daily wearing (but not active "use" - you just leave it on)

Most importantly, there is no quick solution to this...so whatever you do has to be done for 3-6 months just to see anything...and you're not alone with the misery. I dont think anyone is happy seeing their dick shrink and start looking deformed.  I wrote a 10 page page diatribe (which i deleted since it was insane) about how it was ruining my life.  The only way to let it NOT ruin your life is to take active steps to undo it.

GS

semirade,

Mike has given you some really good advice.  I don't have prostate cancer, but I do have BPH...trust me,it is no fun either.  I got Peyronies for my 58th birthday and thought my sex life was over.  I bought a bunch of worthless stuff via different internet sites and then I found this site and the forum.

Now, 21/2 years later, I'm sexually active again, my Peyronies seems to be stable and may even be improving.  So, my advice is to do your research, try your best to be positive, get a VED and the recommended supplements and be patient.  It will take some time and work on your part, but there is a good chance you can see major improvements.  Good luck.

GS

cowboyfood

semirade -

hey, you'll find a lot of inspiration and motivation here.

read all of Old Man's posts....he is a true inspiration.  

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

George999

I agree wholeheartedly with all the advice given so far.  And I think you should also send a PM to Old Man specifically outlining your situation.  I think you will find him to be a great friend and also extremely helpful.  - George

slowandsteady

Back to ubiquinol. ;) I've been taking 100 mg of CoQ10 2 or 3 times a day lately, and it seems like I'm getting more benefit from that than from gelcaps of 200 mg ubiquinol twice daily. Just putting out there that there might be a U-shaped response where too little or too much can give suboptimal results.

Another possibility is that lower but more consistent levels throughout the course of the day are of more benefit than large doses spaced out.

MikeSmith0

S&S - what brands were you on for ubiquinol and coq10?   Sometimes I wonder about how much we can trust supplement companies to have what they claim to have in their pills... consumerlab.com is sometimes useful but they don't cover a lot of the major brands.

chefcasey

semirade-

As far as finding a Peyronies Disease specialist in NYC, I believe Dr. John Mulhall is the best, located right in the city.