Mental impact

Previous topic - Next topic

Patientxyz1992

Hi guys i will spill some toughts, i think that peyronie disease is one of few diseases that are physical and mental at the same time, for example im 28 i have erections sufficient for penetration but oftentime i have problems with libido and problems with arousal and all of it is connected to my injury ,  so i dont need to have my erections fixed to 100% , i can live with soft glans and weaker erections if i can get my libido and my max arousal back, so do any of you think this is possible?  I mean maybe peyronie hit my brain a lot harder than some other folk, maybe some other man would be complitly satisfied if he would be in my shoes and here i am losing libido and arousal, how can i fix this mental part of this awfull condition ?
29 years old with injury induced Peyronies Disease - 7 years ago
Straight erections but easy to lose and hard to fill with soft glans
No morning erections
been depressed but not anymore
The biggest problem with my Peyronies Disease is loss of sexual desire.

melting

Any thinking about problems will increase problems. Thinking about solutions will increase likelyhood to find a solution.
To do that is focusing awareness intentionally.
Increase your sexual power in healthy way as much as you can. 1%+ is better than 1%(-).
Besides that find something active/moving you can put energy into that you enjoy.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Hawk

PatientXYZ, you are right, Peyronies Disease does affect our thought process.  That is why it is almost more important to treat that than our dicks.  Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) will teach you that what you think about a thing that happens to you is actually more important than the thing that happens.  If we lose our job it makes a big difference if we think "I must be a loser.  I will never land a decent job"  vs. "I have a decent job history. If I apply myself in looking and interviewing I can bounce back better than before".

Also, don't overlook having your Testosterone levels checks.  There could be a psychological component.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

P1992

Patientxyz1992

You are absolutely right when you said that peyronie's disease is one of the few physical and mental illnesses at the same time. As for your personal conflict of loss of libido and arousal and how to correct this mental part, I see that Peyronie's disease always affects, psychologically, to a greater or lesser degree, everyone who has it and depending on the state or condition in which the disease is meets and limits it to sex, the mental impact will be directly proportional to it. Perhaps you consider that your situation not yet in a comfortable condition, and therefore the underlying conflict. I speak for myself, I think you only correct this mental part when you get rid of this disease or feel that it does not severely hinder or impede your sex life.

good luck to us

54 years, self-induced peyronie
Upward curvature ~40º-50º, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and erect. Multiple plaques, loss of sensitivity, pain sometimes in a flaccid state and always on erection, axial instability and erectile dysfunction