Tonys IPP revision surgery diary.

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

TonySa

Two weeks tomorrow and I measure length which is same as day of surgery: 6.75". W the 2 extra cm this time I'll see if it increases w daily cycling 2x 2 hrs.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Hawk

I bet my money on increase.  Be sure to measure length and girth.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Larry

Quote from: TonySa on February 23, 2020, 11:01:44 PM
Is the Titan truly one touch (squeeze) or do guys find multiple squeezes is best?

No, you have to pump it up like an inflatable boat.  When you release, it is a good idea to hold the button down and squeeze the shaft.  Then give the pump a little squeeze until you feel a click... this locks out the saline so that it can't come in unless you pump it in.  I'm not really sure why this is necessary but it is.  I spoke to Jamie (the nurse at the implant company) and she says that she has heard that from a lot of people that have both Coloplast and AMS. :)

Larry
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

Stepone

Larry thanks for your posting.

and Hawk thanks for posting your explanation too.

I think we need a section on how to inflate and deflate and all the nuances with it.

I received excellent instructions for my Nest Thermostat, but nothing with my implant.

I have had to grab little things from this website and searches of my own to figure out this new product with no instructions.

As a matter of fact, Hawk, thanks to your last instruction of pressing the button real hard, and then testing it to see if the bulb is hard, is truly the first time I have done it correctly after all these times. Maybe my valve has been a little testy from the beginning and I didn't even know it.

It would be good to have something about some of the sounds we hear, etc. I know you are busy, I could try to write something if you want and then send it to you for editing. I think it would be well appreciated by everyone, rather then reading everyone's blogs and getting pieces from this and that.

thanks for all you do.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Stepone

Opps, forgot, maybe it could be put in the Titan Colorplast guide section.

Thanks
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

TonySa

Yesterday, noticed bumps along vein.  Saw my surgeons NP and it's a thrombosed vein.  Apparently resolved on its own and may be unrelated to surgery?  Here's the thread I was posting on...will keep all lists on this thread moving forward.  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=13177.msg120347#msg120347

Hawk

Quote from: Larry on February 27, 2020, 08:54:49 AM
No, you have to pump it up like an inflatable boat.  When you release, it is a good idea to hold the button down and squeeze the shaft.  Then give the pump a little squeeze until you feel a click... this locks out the saline so that it can't come in unless you pump it in.  I'm not really sure why this is necessary but it is.  I spoke to Jamie (the nurse at the implant company) and she says that she has heard that from a lot of people that have both Coloplast and AMS. :)

Larry

There is NO click when locking out a Titan pump.  If you squeeze it HARD you do not have to hold the pump down to deflate.  One HARD 2-second squeeze and it will lock the pump.  This is what they mean by one-touch :)
When you are still sensitive from surgery and the pump is not broken in it is often impossible to squeeze the valve hard enough to get the valve to lock open.  It took me a couple of months.

Larry

Quote from: Hawk on March 09, 2020, 10:22:02 PM
There is NO click when locking out a Titan pump.
I have a AMS, there is a click on mine. If you squeeze it HARD you do not have to hold the pump down to deflate.  One HARD 2-second squeeze and it will lock the pump.  This is what they mean by one-touch :)
When you are still sensitive from surgery and the pump is not broken in it is often impossible to squeeze the valve hard enough to get the valve to lock open.  It took me a couple of months.  When the Dr. says it's ok, sit in a tub of water a hot as you can take it... that heats up the pump up making it easier to squeeze (you can also use a heating pad or hot water bottle but the tub works better.

Larry
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

Hawk

I am with you Larry but the discussion on this topic is specifically about a Titan pump.  Tony had an AMS and completely understands that pump.  He now has a Titan.

TonySa

Brief update, at week 3 had some new swelling of penis.  Also, was able to start using.  Swelling calming down.  Seems like significant increase in girth...but want to give the swelling a chance to completely subside before measuring or documenting what photos.  Now have the hang of the titan pump.  Interesting how bang more pumps it take to full inflations from the AMS.

Stepone

Tony, thanks for update.
I had more increased girth and length over time. But the first time, I pumped him up, I noticed the girth. I am sure your partner will enjoy.
Thanks for staying in touch, as reports help everyone.
StepOne  

TonySa

How many pumps in general to full inflation for the titan?  And are the last twenty or so partial pumps?

Stepone

Learning the Titan pump is an interesting task.
What I have learned comes from the infamous Hawk.
I would read his posts about the pump for clarity.
But I have found that when I have deflated properly. Meaning I have pressed the Titan button once for about 3 seconds really hard!!!!!!! It locks the pump open so the fluid can go into the reservoir. The pump bulb will get hard as a rock. If I do this, I will totally inflate in about 27 semi full pumps. If I wait a few minutes, I can usually get in a few more pumps.
If I don't do the full lock out when I deflate, and this seems off, somehow I will pump as many as 37 pumps.
I think I am a lousy pumper sometimes, some may be full squeezes, some may be partial.
But I have found that once I have pumped it up to the maximum, it just won't pump anymore. The pump becomes so hard, there is no way to pump it any harder.
If you read everyone's journal, it seems everyone has different amounts of pumps.
But you have 22, Hawk has 22, and I have 22cm, so, all things being equal, the only difference is how tightly we squeeze the pump.
Good luck and hoping for lots of fun for you, once you get the go ahead.
My spouse/partner is out of town this week, so I am pumping with no benefits, lol.
StepOne  

Larry

Quote from: samsung on February 20, 2020, 05:42:07 PM
You're a brave man. If any of my friends knew I would have to bury them immediately;)

Strange, when women get implants because they had breasts removed because of cancer, they celebrate their surgery but men suffer in silence. :(

Larry

TonySa

I keep having nightmares about my tubing falling out, always a relief to wake up.

b_rad

I'm just past 2 weeks from surgery. I get 9-10 full pumps on my 22cm Titan then the bulb gets hard and I can maybe squeeze another 2 more partial pumps. It takes 15 or more minutes before I might get another partial pump in but more times than not right now I cannot. It's strange how the amount of pumps differ from person to person. I don't get how one person takes twice as many pumps as I do.  

Couldn't be more happy that I went ahead with the surgery. I regained length back immediately but girth is the same. I am still shy 1 inch at the base and 1/2 inch at the head. Hopefully over time it'll come back. Wife prefers girth over length. Am currently 6" length and only 5-3/4 at head and 6" at base in girth.

On the up side, it's now straight enough for penetration!
62 years - Urolift 2/18 - Peyronies 4/18 35 degrees - Shock-wave 1/19 worthless - Xiaflex 3/19 - 5/19 now 90 degrees - TURP 10/19 - implant 3/5/20 Dr Eid - Wonderful wife of 25 years

Stepone

b_rad,

It is strange about the pumps. Sometimes I can pump up to 40 pumps.
I think sometimes I don't pump a full pump, but I think there has always been something wrong with my pump, but I can live with it.
I am able to do like you too, a few partial pumps after the initial pump.
I called my surgeon when the number of pumps started increasing, he told me that the tubes are able to expand more over time as your body opens up to the cylinders and therefore there is more to pump into the cylinders. I guess this is right, as my penis length and girth have increased over time.
My spouse favors girth too, so your base and head girths are slightly larger than mine and I am at almost a year. I bet your measurements increase.
StepOne

Larry

Quote from: b_rad on March 21, 2020, 12:31:34 PM
I get 9-10 full pumps on my 22cm Titan then the bulb gets hard and I can maybe squeeze another 2 more partial pumps

Make sure you pump absolutely as much as you can... it keeps the scar tissue at bay. When the day comes that it is time to replace the IPP you have, you will not want scar tissue interfering with the replacement implant. :)

Larry  

Stepone

Hey Larry,
Yes I pump and pump.
I will pump to maximum and then recheck about 5 minutes later and then check again.
I can always seem to get in at least 1 pump ever so often.
I can only assume I am stretching my penis more and more.
I have seen increased length and girth, just as you have.
Thanks for sharing.
StepOne  

b_rad

So you keep pumping till the bulb is rock hard or when it hurts?
62 years - Urolift 2/18 - Peyronies 4/18 35 degrees - Shock-wave 1/19 worthless - Xiaflex 3/19 - 5/19 now 90 degrees - TURP 10/19 - implant 3/5/20 Dr Eid - Wonderful wife of 25 years

TonySa

One diff between titan and CX, I Max'd out on CX...now pushing it we titan...pain b4 max...more to grow!

Larry

Quote from: b_rad on March 24, 2020, 11:52:15 PM
So you keep pumping till the bulb is rock hard or when it hurts?

As long as you can tolerate it it, pump until you absolutely can't anymore.  Doing this regularly will help with length and girth expansion. :)

Larry

TonySa

I wanted to wait until inflammation was down before measuring a pics.
Inflated now 6.5" length and 6" width at widest and 5.5" at narrowest.
Flaccid pics attached.

Stepone

didn't see the pics, did you attach?

Pfract

Indeed, Tony you seem to be missing the pictures. Still feeling like you are growing with your Titan?  

TonySa

TonySa

Stepone

Tony,
Thanks for posting your pics of penis both inflated and not.
Your penis looks like a model for implants, lol. Nice looking result.
By the way, I noticed your not-inflated pics look as if they are not fully deflated.
My penis looks similar when deflated.
When I deflate and lock the bulb for deflate, the bulb becomes hard, therefore I have been told it is in the deflate mode.
But I always notice, after I have squeezed all the fluid out of cylinders, I always notice about 30 minutes or so, that my cylinders will inflate a little.
I think hawk said I could give the bulb a slight squeeze to unlock the pump and put it into the inflate mode.
Am I right for this?
Does this happen with you?
Thanks
StepOne  

SW01

Tony, I am glad things are going well for your revision from the lgx to the titan. To funny that my revision went from titan to lgx.

As for titan pump. Mine was a bit sticky for the first couple months. The more I used it the better it got. Eventually like hawk said I would push the button and hold it for a couple seconds and my titan cylinders would deflate. I could squeeze them if I wanted to get every last bit out but usually just pushed the button and let it deflate on it's own.

I am hoping this new lgx pump does the same when i start pumping it up.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

TonySa

I find the AMS easier to deflate as it makes a vibration when deflating, the titan is silent so never really sure if it's fully deflated.  That's ok as I much prefer the increased girth and smaller pump size of the titan. 🙂

Larry

Quote from: Stepone on March 24, 2020, 06:52:23 PM
Hey Larry,
Thanks for sharing.
StepOne

You are welcome.  I too can get more pumps as time goes on.  I know when I am stretching because it starts to become uncomfortable.  I only do this when I am cycling.  When having sex I just pump until it's erect.  I have been cycling for two years and my doctor says that's is a great way to keep scar tissue away making the eventual revision easier and possible..

Larry

Pfract

Congrats Tony! I hope it's only smiles from now on!  8) thank you for the pics. Maybe I'll grab'em and try to paste the before and after together with a description for size comparison? Got to go to my computer for that. Maybe.  

Larry

Larry

Quote from: Hawk on March 10, 2020, 10:37:49 AM
I am with you Larry but the discussion on this topic is specifically about a Titan pump.  Tony had an AMS and completely understands that pump.  He now has a Titan.

Hawk, is there really that much of a difference between the Titan and the AMS?? :)

Larry

TonySa

I've found several differences.  For me:

Titan pump is smaller and less rectangular.
Titan has wider girth.
Titan has stiffer cylinders (AMS feels more natural flaccid...at least initially as I'm early on w the Titan and I hear they soften over time.)
It may be the sizing but my titan at max is uncomfortable (unlike AMS) which I take as pushing and maximizing length and girth.
At max Titan to me feels more rigid and stable for intercourse.

Of course some of these are subjective and could be based on sizing of each.

Stepone

I have found with the Titan, that over time, the cylinders have stretched my penis to be thicker and longer. I am going on 1 year in about 19 days and my penis is definitely bigger. I will do an update in my own journal later this month.
I think you will like what happens!
I have never made my inflate/deflate button work with one touch, but the performance of this implant has been great.
I am very happy for you.
When you had to get a revision, what were the reasons for the manufacture change?
StepOne  

TonySa

The smaller pump, wider girth and stronger cylinders were the objective reasons.

Larry

Before I got the AMS LGX implant I was 1" long flaccid and 3 to 3.5" in girth.  I am now 5.5" long and 5.5 in girth.  It is definitely hard enough for intercourse and very natural looking when flaccid.  As for uncomfortable... when I pumped to the max it was very uncomfortable until I stretched.  I think both brands would be uncomfortable until you stretched to match it. :)

Larry

TonySa

I gained length w AMS but never felt uncomfortable pumping to max.  

Larry

Quote from: TonySa on April 06, 2020, 08:06:09 PM

It is possible that your surgeon undersized you.  You probably could have taken the larger size or an rte or 2...

Larry :)

Larry

Quote from: TonySa on April 06, 2020, 08:06:09 PM

What is PxD???

Larry:)

TonySa

Peyronies abbreviation.

I don't think my AMS was undersized as I had dog ears.

TonySa

2 months out and length has increased from 6.5 to 6.75" and 7.0 w glans engorged-titan is impressive!

Pfract

Very happy to hear that Tony! Totally keep it up!  

Stepone

Tony, that is great.
I realized almost an inch in recovery length, mine came months down the road.
Sounds like you could be a 7.5.
But I am most impressed by girth as is my spouse.
Glad all is going well.
Very happy for you.
StepOne  

TonySa

It's interesting the pain at max inflation seems to be around the girth not just length...maybe both will grow 😎

Stepone

Tony,
I had both pains when I first started all the way up to maybe 6 to 8 months when maxed. So I would think you will gradually grow in both girth and length.
You already have a fat girth, so you will be huge, lol.
Again, as always, good luck in your progress!
StepOne  

TonySa

Thanks guy, I'm happy w my size but don't complain if I continue to grow...haha  

TonySa

Just saw my insurance statement.  The hospital billed $136k and the INS company paid $79k and my copay is $500.  I'm astounded at how much they are contracted to pay.