Xiaflex + Fasting

Previous topic - Next topic

jf2468

Has anyone tried fasting during and after a Xiaflex injection? Fasting already induces autophagy (cellular recycling, in essence), so it seems could be synergistic with Xiaflex.

I've done 2 rounds of Xiaflex with some improvement (original 30 degree upward curve now ~20 upward and a bit to the left). I've been on the fence about a 3rd round, but thinking this could be a good idea.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Probably would hurt if done reasonably...even intermittent for 12-18 hrs a day (with fluids), but be sure to add traction.  Per recent studies it enhances Xiaflex improvement, esp restorex.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

P47D

That does not sound like a viable way to enhance the Xiaflex.  When looking at the mechanization how the Xiaflex works, it is only a local action at the site of the injection, and the effect is from the chemicals working on the tissues at the injection site to break down the plaque.  There is a lot of information available on the web from the Xiaflex site that includes videos to help visualize the actions that take place after the injection.  I think it would be a better idea to just keep your normal, healthy diet the way you normally eat.  Don't make any drastic changes, and don't take any new/radical remedies since some over the counter / herbal things can actually harm you or may have an unforeseen adverse affect on the Xiaflex trying to work.  Like any other "test" (which I feel trying Xiaflex is...a test to see if it works...) keep the variables to a minimum so you will know if the treatment is in fact working as desired.  The only thing I have seen Doctors say to do with Xiaflex it the daily modeling.  Some have also recommended traction devices too.  I have also noted that vacuum devices are very much not advised since the tissue disruption already can cause hematoma and ecchymosis and adding the pressure of a vacuum device may cause some extensive damage, tearing, fracture...and that would be very bad AND hurt a lot!

Cheers,
-P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

melting

Listen to this guy - P47D. Great logic.
A big side effect with fasting can be an accumulation of waste, release of toxins and the body will have to work a lot to deal with the Xiaflex and it's sideproducts.

I would rather fast well before or after Xiaflex.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)