Wim Hof / Ice Baths

Previous topic - Next topic

jf2468

Has anyone tried the Wim Hof method or cold immersion? My thoughts on why this could be interesting:

1. cold immersion has shown to be profoundly anti-inflammatory
2. it appears that exposing your body to extreme cold (or alternating cold and heat) sort of "exercises" the blood vessels, likely improving blood flow chronically. I've heard of anecdotal of improvements to Raynaud's through strategic cold immersion.

Obviously cold immersion goes counter to the idea of warming the penis to enhance blood flow, but it would just be 5-10 minutes at a time, and if your body responds by getting stronger, maybe worthwhile?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

AlterEgo

It has helped me with pain and my penis goes form being flat from lack of blood flow to more normal filled looking after being in cold bath for a minute, for long term healing I haven't noticed any benefits thus far  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

melting

The key to his method is the breathing. It's quiet simple. I feel great doing it. Oxygenating the whole body.
It sure is something that can benefit someone with Peyronies Disease. Another angle to take but surely not a 1 step cure.

The whole cold thing is interesting. I used a water VED with ice cold water and it sure does have an effect on circulation for hours afterwards.
I never do it for more than 5 minutes a time. But I can imagine it helping with inflamation too. Of course being inflammed using a VED isn't necessarily good. But one could do it with very low vacuum.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Bueller

The only thing that help me with pain is a hot bath or shower. But now I'm thinking ice might be better. But the shrinkage and hard flacid while sore  is why I didn't do it before.
32 yrs old had slight left bend starting at 29. Started Pentox and cialsis 2 years later developed multiple plaques on both sides one on top. Lost 1 inch of length and girth after multiple plaques became present. Now pentox 1x a day and 2.5 of ciali

Holistic

Check out my post on his breathing method

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,13762.0.html

Talks about why the breathing is good in combo
32 yo. Unknown cause. 1st plaque proximal left base near pelvis 9/19. Expanded and shrunk after 8 mo by 50% (still working on it). Minor bend but malleable. 2nd small plaque 5/20 superficial distal right just under tip. Currently growing. No bend.

Toadfish

Hey I'm new here I'm a 59 yo and I've been doing the WHM for about 10 months with just cold showers in the last 2 month's. Along with the breathing techniques I have also added push-ups and stretching in the last 4. I WAS suffering from osteoarthritis in my lower neck back and knee's along with 2 meniscus surgeries in both knee's . Knee pain that was terrible to the point where my doc told me he would be seeing me soon for knee replacements.  It was so bad I have a handicapped tag. I can honestly say my health has improved 100%. I can be as mobile as I'd like since starting the WHM. I do 3-5 rounds of breathing just about every morning along with the push-ups and stretching. I'm the healthiest I've ever been/felt in years. I am up to 50 push-ups when I started I could 25. Lost 15 lbs. My blood work is the best it's ever been although I'm still on BP meds but I'm working on it.

He has a free app and numerous video's on Youtube and a couple of pages on FB. If you are interested it's worth looking into.
So I am very interested in seeing if the ice bath's help with Peyronies Disease. Let me know how it goes.
What is a VED?
Life is good. Go diving

Toadfish

I have noticed that I no longer have pain associated with Peyronies Disease since doing the breathing. :)
Life is good. Go diving

projectpd

I don't know about the rest but if you could do 25 pushups 4 months ago it's really not at all amazing if you can do 50 pushups now after practising every morning, without meaning to be mean.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

TonySa

Projected, how is this related to the thread topic?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

projectpd

just that press ups doesn't provide any support for believing in WHM, never mind WHM for Peyronies Disease.

I have researched WHM a little bit, and can't find much data to suggest that the WHM might be counterproductive for Peyronies Disease. The research suggests an anti-inflammatory effect, which could actually be great for a very early inflammatory stage of the disease; so maybe also for mitigating fears of inflammatory responses to the various mechanically stressful treatment ideas, stretching exercises, pumping etc. I got Peyronies Disease and I have never had any reason to believe I had any kind of abnormal systemic inflammatory status, but perhaps it would have been beneficial in the early stage (with pain). ( but I had a genetic risk ) At my current stage I am more interested in reducing fibrosis and the study on WHM indicated no reduction in tgf beta, but reductions in tnf-alpha, which i had read is a tgf beta antagonist (helping to suppress tgf beta) but the overall outcome seems to be no effect on tgf beta. (there was a study that reported tgf beta as the only abnormal cytokine found in Peyronies Disease (being raised as opposed to insignificant)

I believe Wim Hof has been passionately interested in the cold from a quite early age, and his breathing techniques were developed to support that.
Whereas I have no reasonable interest in cold tolerance per se. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed skiing and the cold air is fine, but have no motivation to resist the cold. Actually there have been some times when I couldn't have sex because I felt too warm, so, just maybe I might be interested if his technique also worked for that.

I'm actually quite interested in using the breathing without the cold exposure though.

Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

Mr man

Hello brothers,
Trying to get back on topic. Am going to try hot and cold therapy. placing a heat pack on peyronie's plaqu (for about 5 mins). Then place a cold pack. (For about 5 mins). Then finish off with 5 mins heat pad.

The idea is the extreme temperature change will break down collagen.

To be done in about 1 weeks. (To allow current swelling to subside.)

If results are not positive. Then simulation traction (using restorex) will be incorporated. To enchoruagh collegen stress and (hopefully) breakdown.

Does anyone else want to have a go?
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Jonas111

I have started heat and cold therapy but i started to use the sauna for heat and cold showers at my gym.
So i start doing sauna for 10 minutes then i go out and take a cold shower for 5 minutes and then i do the same thing about 3 times.
Also when i take showers at home i start with medium how showers and then finish with cold water for 2-3 minutes.

I have extream eczema all over my body and eczema is an inflammation in the skin and this has helped alot with my eczema.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Christopher1

Ice baths definitely help with pain. I like them a lot.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.