3rd round of Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8fl42985

Just did my 3rd round of Xiaflex with no improvement so far.
Insurance resets Jan 1st, so not sure if I'm doing 4th round just yet. That will cost $2,000.
Dr. suggested skipping 4th round and think about plication surgery, which I'm sure will cost more than the Xiaflex.
May have to wait till I meet the deductible.
I the meantime I using andropeyronie traction.

Not fun.
Bent since 11/2018
1 round of Verapamil (10 injections)

Mr man

Andropeyronie is not comfortable. Read my posts to resolve the strap persistently.slipping off. Also, how to use a washing sponge take make it comftable to wear.  
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Mr man

Quote from: gr8fl42985 on December 13, 2019, 04:51:05 PM
Just did my 3rd round of Xiaflex with no improvement so far.
Insurance resets Jan 1st, so not sure if I'm doing 4th round just yet. That will cost $2,000.
Dr. suggested skipping 4th round and think about plication surgery, which I'm sure will cost more than the Xiaflex.
May have to wait till I meet the deductible.
I the meantime I using andropeyronie traction.

Not fun.

Am really sorry to write... Xiaflex statistically is not very successful. Yes nesbitt is successful to 90% upwards, but you will loose 1cm length for every 15 degrees streightened. According the the royal British urology society.  
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.