Traction in acute phase vs. chronic

Previous topic - Next topic

strat

I have been reading all of the links to traction study results, and I have seen a few mentions that starting early (acute phase) can lead to very positive results, but it always seems like a random sentence thrown into a bigger paragraph. Most of the studies it seems are on people with Peyronies Disease for a long time, probably in the chronic phase. Restorex's 3 month trial (https://www.restorex.com/clinical-results/restorex-for-Peyronies Disease-3-month-data/) shows average time with Peyronies Disease symptoms to be 4 years for both control and exposed groups.

1) Has traction for those in the Acute phase been well studied? Are the results indeed better than in the chronic phase?

2) Is it possible to start too early? I have had symptoms for 2-4 weeks but am ready to drop $500 and get started with Restorex if that's the best possible course of action. However, my doc (and others on the board) say that managing inflammation is key this early on, and it seems like traction would interfere with that (although my doc said I should consider Restorex now). Is there any risk that traction would make plaque formation / calcification worse?
28 years old, symptoms started Nov 2019

NeoV

The sooner the better in my opinion based on my experiences and understanding of the studies. If you severely damage your penis and have sharp pain, that may be a different story. I rid myself of a more recent dent by doing traction the very next day.

Many of us do traction immediately after sex or masturbation, and have to or we will get worsening. I no longer have to do that anymore, but the sooner the better. Traction reduces inflammation in the penis, just do it gently if you are worried, meaning low tension.  

strat

Thanks for your input. Restorex is on the way
28 years old, symptoms started Nov 2019

TonySa

NeoV, I'm so confused when you said you rid yourself of a dent in one day with traction when it takes months or years of traction or VED to improve peyronies curves, dents and hourglassing due to peyronies plaque...
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

That dent (the most recent) went away after a few weeks, what I mean is I needed to begin the next day.