Four Rounds Complete - Little to No Results - Dr wants to do more

Previous topic - Next topic

nc7209

Hello All -

I'm in So Cal - and I've done four rounds (two shots each) and it doesn't seem to have caused any improvement.  I don't know if I'm unlucky or if my Dr know's what he's doing, he says he might not have gotten the right spot - but he wants to do another four rounds.  According to my insurance, I would have to wait until next year to do it - but I would have to pay a $3000 deductible before the insurance would cover the rest.

I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions - if I should just give up - try another doctor or treatment?  He initially said that four rounds (eight visits of shots) was the maximum - so I'm not really sure.

Thanks

TonySa

I'd consider finding a very experienced doc who does injections regularly and adding traction as studies show improved outcomes when combined.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

P47D

Yikes...does not sound good.  I went through 5 full cycles of Xiaflex and yes, it is expensive...and I had zero improvement.  Same for the follow on Verapamil attempt.  The Xiaflex literature does point out that there is only a probability for improvement - and the mean improvement is NOT totally straight.  Patient studies in my literature showed that my 74 degree bend would only be expected to improve to around 35-40 degrees, statistically.  Sounds like you are not responding to the Xiaflex either.  Note: my plaque was/is located about mid shaft, dorsal, and propagates down between the cavernosum.  Surgery was very simple, easy, quite tolerable, and totally effective.  If you are going to drop the $3K deductible, might as well go for a more reliable and permanent fix, no?  I opted for the raphe incision (along the urethral line) as it heals very quickly, is minimally invasive, and visually more esthetic to me.  I did post some Xiaflex pix and Nesbitt Plication Surgery pix on the other child boards that will give you an idea of how these issues worked out for me.  Hope all goes well for you!
-P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

TonySa

If you do Xiaflex I'd def add traction and consider restorex given recent study shows best results when combined.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Drew

what are child boards? I would like to see the plication before and after pictures?
70 y.o., Peyronies Disease start 11/2019, 85 degree, verapamil series, RestoreX traction, EV, manual, infrared, oral meds, married

Zombiereign

I'm in the same boat - 70 degree upward curve.  No noticable change after 4 cycles of xiaflex and daily restorex use.   Uroligist is pushing for surgery and I'm not so sure.  Part of me would rather just stay this way.  
47 years old
70 degree upward curve
completed 4 cycles of xiaflex / daily restorex (no change)

LWillisjr

Once my curve exceeded 50 degrees, intercourse was near impossible. I progressed to 70 degrees and decided I was not going to "live with it". But each has their own opinion.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

dannys1s1

I also went 4 rounds with no positive results, and if you ask me it is worse afterward than it was before. My plaque was at the base from injecting quad mix and this was where the Dr. reasonably focused the injections. So now that area is vacant as if the Xiaflex decimated the plaque as well as any tissue so that the girth at the base is less in diameter than say an inch above the base on the shaft. I am seriously considering an implant. I can get erect although I have lost length and confidence and sex drive. I was a stud with the shots and it relieved my anxiety performance which I tend to suffer with, in addition to great long sex sessions. So an implant for someone who can have normal sex is that like a sledgehammer for a thumbtack?  
Age 63
Had Peyronies disease w/45-degree bend from using Quadmix for 2 years for better sex
4 rounds of Xiaflex.  1-2" length loss (surgery may correct)
Titan Implant 10/21. Surgery by Dr. Valenzuela
Included TEP and Grafting.

TDix

I wouldn't say a sledgehammer to a thumbtack, but more or less back to where it used to be—-only that it lasts as long as we want
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Hawk

Dannys, If you want accurate answers that apply to your case then be considerate enough to help us.  You can save us all from typing the same 40 questions over and over.  Fill in your signature line --->Instructions for your Signature Line

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

herbie7159

I just finished my 8th shot this last Friday, and so far nothing. I think my curve got way worse than before to no change. The Dr. wont talk to me about anything yet until the 6 weeks of tug and bend.   So we will see.  I guess I am happy that I am not the only one dealing with this not working crap.  
42 yrs old, 1 yr diagnosed w/ Peyronies Disease
Xiaflex had 8th shot on 7/30/21
70 dorsal curve

BrettC

I have been through the same number of treatments.... I have gone from a 65 degree curve to a 40 or 45 degree one which is what my doctor told me to expect.  Now I get to wait until October and decide if I want to continue a new round of Xiaflex or do the plication surgery.  I am so in my head now and not sure what to do.  
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)