30 yo beginning treatment with Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

alabadrock

Hey guys,

Today I received my first shot of Xiaflex.  I received it at The Kirklin Clinic of The University of Alabama at Birmingham.

I'm following recommended literature that instructs certain stretches and manouvers as part of the treatment.  

I'm all ears for anyone has advice or questions.

TonySa

Be sure to add traction two weeks after second shot after each round for better results:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30956106/
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

P47D

I hope that the Xiaflex works for you...in some cases there is a significant improvement / in others no change at all.  For me there was no change.  However, I do recommend that you WRAP UP WELL after each injection to prevent swelling/ecchymosis/pain!  I posted some info with pictures to describe the wrapping technique I found to be most effective.  Don't skip the regular modeling requirements since these stretches are designed to help break apart the plaque that the Xiaflex is attacking.  Best of luck to you and I hope your side effects are mild and tolerable.
-P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

Shafted

alabadrock,

I am your age and start Xiaflex next week.  I'm a little worried going into my first shot and have reservations about the risk/reward.  Did you see improvement in your condition?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions