VED - Beginners Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

jackp

brger88

Go to the VED section and read the Single Cylinder exercise I posted there. Old Man came up with it for me and it worked great.

Old Man is the best source of advice on the VED. If I can answer any questions with the single cylinder exercise let me know. If you have a "personal question" do not hesitate to send me a PM or email.

As soon as the soreness goes away start the exercise back. As for the cylinder fogging up. Put it in some warm water for a few minutes before you start then dry it off. That even feels a little more comfortable than the cold cylinder.

Hope this help.

Jackp

Old Man

brger88:

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems to begin with on your VED therapy. Follow JackP's suggestion and locate the one cylinder protocol in the VED board section.

If you want to upgrade to the three cylinder protocol, you would have to get the two extra cylinders that a lot of guys are using to make up that unit. These cylinders are available from Augusta Medical Systems at a cost of $55.00 each.
So, if you want to get them and use the three cylinder protocol, just let me know and I will guide you to the right web link from Augusta.

Again, welcome aboard one of the best forums there is for Peyronies Disease as well as ED therapy.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

brger

Thanks jackp and Old Man for your kind welcome..I appreciate that

I think it's pretty clear I overpumped probably due to lack of directions and Augusta's guide saying some discomfort is ok just not "pain"

Most of the minor burning sensation I had last night was gone when I woke up today. I didn't have a morning erection, which I usually do even if not straight/strong. But the pain is pretty much gone. I'm still going to give it some time.

In your experience with some people overpumping could I have screwed something up or do you think it should heal with time?

Old Man

brger88:

Don't really believe you did something wrong if you got over the pain/discomfort that quickly. I would suggest that you take a few off the regimen of pumping so let you penis get back to a more normal state. If you don't have any soreness or pain from your over pumping, just start back and use less pressure and give it more time between pumps, etc.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

brger

Thanks Old Man,

I didn't have any soreness for the past 2 days so I gave it another try tonight. Weird thing is it didn't work at all... I wasn't able to achieve even a small improvement. Just stayed limp. I'm pretty sure I had an air tight seal.. and I hear the thing going on..

Is there any condition or reason why the pump wouldn't work? I wonder if I'm doing something wrong with the pump or if the problem is physical. Most of the people with injuries that I read on all of these forums have at least some degree of success with the pumps. Have you encountered people it didn't work for at all?

Would any of the results of overpumping be painless? All of the ones I read about are painful and some people ended up having to see a doctor.

I had a small improvement before I started to feel pain/stretching feeling. I stopped for a couple days until I felt 100% and now I'm getting nothing at all -- I'm starting to think I may be beyond treatment  :-\

Old Man

brger88:

OK, you are having what in some circles is called "buyer's remorse" or having bad feelings about buying something. You should try to relax and not get so up tight about not seeing results with only a few days of practice with the VED. You are in this for the long haul as the symptoms came on slowly and will most likely go away the same way.

I don't remember which VED you have but this is a simple procedure you can follow with either the one cylinder or the three cylinder VED:

First, you may have to shave off the pubic hair around the base of your shaft far enough out from where it joins the body. This eliminates the possibility of it being drawn into the mouth of the cylinder when pumping up and helps with the seal. If you do start shaving this hair, you must keep it shaved on a regular basis for obvious reasons.

Next, since you are not seeing any inflation of the shaft during pumping you are probably not getting a good tight seal around the shaft. This can be caused due to lack of sufficient lubrication either on the penis or up into the mouth of the cylinder, so make sure you use enough to get a good tight seal and provide a slippery surface for the shaft to move up and down the cylinder without friction.

So for some guys, it is necessary to use both of the sizing inserts that came with the VED if you are using the Vitality three cylinder VED. It comes with a small inner insert and a larger outer insert to provide for sizing based on ones physical size. It also provides a confining area around the shaft to help with getting a good seal which is necessary to get engorging of the shaft with blood flow.

I suggest that you review what you are now doing based on my recommendations above with a view of modifying your sessions accordingly.
It takes practice to get the hang of doing the VED therapy, in other words, it is not a few times pump up and start the protocol. You should practice at least several days taking your time and watch for lack of sealing, the hair problem and any other item that may be causing not to get a good seal.

Lastly, remember that your penis probably has not been extended to the amount that the VED vacuum pulls it for a long time. So be careful not to overpump the pressure keeping this in mind. Let the penis get used to the added vacuum pull. Vacuum therapy does work for most guys, but it requires a bit of expertise in establishing a good routine by the user.

Another thing, you could possibly have a defective pump, so check to see if it is actually pulling vacuum. You can do this by placing the open end of the pump against the inside of your forearm and pump several times to see if you feel any vacuum pull. It should suck your surface skin into the face of the pump and hold it until you push the release button. If the pump is defective, call the company where you bought it for a warranty, etc.

Let me know if I can help further.

Old Man

brger

Thanks,

I don't expect results right away but not drawing any blood in there at all is a concern. Especially when the other day I followed the same procedure and it worked a little bit. I'm a young guy (26) It has been 2 and a half years now since the "trauma" which really wasn't even painful and I'm still looking for a solution. Dr. Irwin Goldstein consulted with me about a year and two years ago when he confirmed the physical problem, and I wanted to try this therapy before discussing any surgical possibilities. I'm going to give this process a good year to evaluate any improvement.

I'm going to take some more time off in case there are any lingering injuries going on there and let them heal. I'll give it a week or two this time and try again.

But for the most part the suction should work and draw blood for everyone right? The science says it has to work inside the cylinder for me.. it makes me suspect I had to have been doing something wrong before but who knows..

Old Man

brger88:

You just have to make sure that your pump is actually pulling a vacuum. Then you have to determine if you are getting a good tight seal around the base of your shaft. The rest of the story is that you have to work out the process of getting both of these conditions working at the same time.

It just takes practice sometimes to get things working together for you. Patience and caution with the amount of vacuum you use are the watchwords for VED therapy. So take your time now, be patient and work with trying to establish a procedure that will get you going in the right direction.

Old Man  

brger

I started again last night after taking time off after the discomfort. I am happy to say you were right Old Man. I followed the directions on the site and your advice in this thread and I got a good seal and no longer had any pain or discomfort when following the routine that was posted. The 2nd time was definitely a success now I'll get into the routine of doing the exercises.

luka-brasi

hi guys,

first, my routine described below is based on my own experiences with the one cylinder therapy and they are not writen in stone.
don't apply this much holding time or pressure if you are doing the three cyliner therapy with the small cylinders, it will very likely damage your penis.

i'm still hanging in there with the ved one cylinder therapy and wanted to give some feedback 32 days and 35 sessions later (sometimes i did it twice a day).

my hernia is "fubar" but not keeping me from doing the routine in fact it's a good warn signal for me and it keeps me from overpumping most of the time.

i noticed the the diffuculties as brger88 regarding lag of an erection despite a very good seal. thats really strange to me and i don't have a clue what it might could me. i had an 10+ erection when i used the ved the first time with just four pumps. ( i got the august soma response II manual ved) and like brger88 i guess i pumped it a bit to much a few days ago and had kind of a tingnling or sunburn kind feeling just a very little bit left to my scar tissue. i did not stop with the training but i'm even more cautious with the pressure now. that tingling feeling is still there but seems to calm down slowly. i wonder if it is even a good sign a sign of improvemnt maybe?

i learned one thing the hard way after my hernia braked up again while i was forcing an erection after pumping it maybe 15-18 times!!!
that was beyond stupid! to all rookies, don't do that. 2-6 pumps according to the manual are enough! if you can't get an erection with it you are not going to get one with a harder pump but you will very likely injure you.

my erections inside the pump are most of the time about 30% inch longer compared to my flaccid penis lenght and a increase in girth of about 70%.
so my erections inside the pump are way smaller than my natural erections that i have during masturbation.
however i feel a very strong stretch after 4-5 pumps and my glans looks pretty filled with blood and my veins are very well visible along the shaft. i don't stress myself anymore with the lack of an 10+ erection during the ved session more important for me is to do the practice everyday. it's about stretching the scar tissue and at the same time forcing the blood inside the damage areas and that is exactly what the ved does even if not 100% erect or maybe even better when not.

bottom line:
i have the feeling that something is happenig. it feels to me like my shrinkage has become a bit better but it's still not gone.
this morning i went with an 90% erection to the toilet to pee it shrinked back to 0% pretty fast but before i started the ved therapy i had no reactions like this since i developed this curse. in fact i hadn't spontaneus erections bigger than 70% erect and that very rarely.
i feel a bit sore during the last few days along the lenght from the base to the beginning of my glans where i always had and still have that cord like feeling?! i hope thats a good sign.

just wanted to share my experience.

good luck,

luka

p.s.

i think the fact that i'm not able to get a 100% erection in the ved most oft time is that the scar tissue which is also responsible for the shrinking look is still there. when i'm trying to pull my soft penis gently with my hand i have the same response most of the time, i can feel the resistance which i couldn't feel before this disease.  

luka-brasi

first, my routine described below is based on my own experiences with the one cylinder therapy and is not writen in stone.
don't apply this much holding time if you are doing the three cyliner therapy with the small cylinders, it will very likely damage your penis.

i extended my sessions to 20-30 minutes while using the first 5-8 minutes low pressure around 3 pumps with the augusta ved.
than i hold between 25-30 seconds (4-5 pumps rarely 6 pumps depends how my penis reacts this day sometimes 4 feels to much and the other day 5 seems just right) and i pause for about 15 seconds
a ten minute warm up with a heat pack prior to the session is also part of my training.

i think beginners shouldn't do longer sessions than 15 minutes at the start and see how their penis reacts to it.
as old men said and that is even the advice that some online shops which are selling veds claiming that they can enlarge the penis - less pressure  is more.

we have damaged penises so we have to be very cautios with the pressure, remember that.
my uro said she sees no risk going with pump but of course as with every kind of physical training you have to take care of your body
and listen to his signals. did a lot of sports in the past and i'm a wreck right now in my young age because i have never listend to my body.

most exciting about the pump to me is that i'm doing something proactive. so far i'm still not noticing any permanent changes in my condition but for the first time in years i can feel like something is working inside my flaccid penis and that daily. hard to describe but it's not a bad feeling at all in fact it feels like blood has reached places were it hadn't been for years. that feeling comes in pretty short bursts and is leaving as fast as it came but something is going on.

Old Man

luka-brasi:

Suggest that you specify in all of your posts about holding times that you are using the one cylinder VED therapy. Holding times for the three cylinder model VEDs should not beheld that long due to the small and medium sized cylinders being more confined. They need to have less holding times and times between pump up cycles to allow for a faster engorgement and relaxing time to recover, etc.

Old Man

luka-brasi

you are right old man,

thanks for the hint.

did it.

luka

Old Man

luka-brasi:

Thanks, this should help a lot of guys using the one cylinder VEDS.

Old Man

luka-brasi

hi guys,

i would appreciate your opinions on why an erection can't be achieved with the pump.
my seal is very good, trust me so this can't be the reason.

the first time i used the pump it was awesome and easy with the augusta ved and just four pumps i reached an erection that
made my eyes watering. i was able to see my old penis in the first time since four years but since then my erections are very weak inside the pump even with more pumps then when i had that great erection. i descriped this issue on my previous posts.
since the first awesome session i was rarely able to get at least a good if not superb erection in the ved.
today was one of my worst pump session measured on the erection again it can't be the seal.
i know doing the the session is probably better than doing nothing even with a weak erection but my blood flow and the hole feeling hours later (nightly erections, erections when masturbating) seems to be much better after at least a good erection in the pump which occurs on maybe 1 out of 8 sessions.

is it regarding the scar tissue? i don't really know.

i would be glad about any input.

luka

Mike_O

LukaB

Are you getting ANY expansion or stretch when in the VED under vacuum?

When pumping do you feel the cylinder drawing closer to the abdomen?

GS

Luka,

Sometimes I think I've got a good seal, but the vaccum slowly leaks and I don't get a very good erection.  When that happens, I have to guard against getting impatient and over pumping the pressure.  In fact, I had that problem yesterday.

This morning I doubled up on the amount of gel and got a complete seal and had no problems.

My advice is to keep your pubic hair trimmed and shaved around your penis, use plenty of lubricate, don't over pump even if you're not getting a good erection and be patient.  I've been using the VED for 8 months now and I still don't have it down to a science.

GS

fubar

Luka

When you made your eyes water did you feel pain?And if you did where was that pain?
You may have created a injury and need to lay off it for a while.Or could be you are pumping to fast and need to go a little slower,pump and release until you finally grow in the cylimder.I have run across this problem myself before.Relax and take your time brother.

Sometimes it can be tricky make sure you lube the inside of the cylinder walls at least half circle. This will help you glide and not stick.Remember do not over pump, any discomfort back off the pressure.as to what gs said abut lubing the surface of the seal that goes against your skin is most important.

Fubar

luka-brasi

hi boys,

first i want to apologize to mike_o and furbar and i don't know who else. sorry that i still did not answer on your pm's.
i'm not in a writing mood this situation makes a roller coaster out of you phsychical condition.
all of you who have this disease know what i'm talking about.

all the good advices regarding the seal are not the problem trust me.
shaved and lubed up properly and i can feel the cylinder pressing against my body so...
i regognize a bad seal very fast which in my case can be due to much hair or a lack of lube.

i think i'll try fubars method with the slow pumping and holding pumping a bit more release and so on it helped me in the past
and maybe i was to impatient the last days.

i think its all because of this shrinking feeling that stiffness that i walk around most of the time.
even my testicles are shrinked back to maybe half of their size. they used to hang pretty relaxed and low years ago.
the only way i can get that "hang" back is after i used the heat pack for 15-30 minutes while watching tv.
the heat makes all looking good and relaxes but not lasting for long after i remove the heat pack.
the weird thing is that all the uros are saying that the blood flow is good in both testicles but they feel cold when they
are shrinked and thats what they are most of the time so does my penis.

did any of you ved users here have that shrinking ans stiffness issue. i know its pretty common here on the board.

the next thing i noticed is that my penis starts to hang soft and relaxed almost instantly when i start urination.
but comes back to the old stiffness pretty fast.

thanks for your help and time i really appreciate it.

luka

bdozer

I just purchased a Vitality OTC from wisdomking.com (thanks for the pointer) and am awaiting arrival of that, plus two additional cylinders from Augusta.

My partner is...um...not excited about its arrival.  I really had to nudge him into trying this, saying many here on this board swear by it.  He's willing but the idea of sticking his dick in a vacuum tube is more than a little off-putting to him.

He wants my help/presence when he tries it at first.  So, any tips from you guys on what can make it easier?  I've bookmarked the relevant "protocols", I've got the shaving cream tip and the strong warning to NOT OVERPUMP.  It's just his reluctance I have to overcome.  did anyone else feel resistance at first to this idea?

Does it feel uncomfortable or pleasurable or neutral?  Can someone describe what the physical sensation of pumping is like?  What can we expect in terms of visible changes (it will in theory get erect, right?) and how long will it last?  Is this something we could incorporate into our sex life?

(Note that he is still able to get erect, although perhaps not quite as strongly as before, so he won't get the "oh thank heavens I can get it up again" reaction.)

Mike_O

You should get a few responses in the next few days - here are my comments based on my experience:

VED therapy is effective because of the daily frequency - so for me this is a daily habit like exercise or brushing my teeth.

Therapy sessions are not particularly sexually arousing for me but I suppose they could be for someone. I am glad the session lasts only 20-30 minutes because it gets boring.

While I applaud your willingness to participate in the therapy - for me, this is a literally a "1 man" job - not that I keep any secrets or am embarrassed in the slightest. If I get bored, I can only imagine how my spouse would feel. We do not make therapy a sex thing.

Using the VED takes some experimenting and practice - you can read the history here on this board of the struggles some guys have had - most, if not all, issues are overcome with experimenting and practice.

The visual benefits of VED therapy take a while to show up so don't expect changes each and every day. The mental benefits are huge and immediate - here's why: most guys with Peyronie's have few options from the medical community but doing nothing is not so good for the head (as in between the ears), depression, anxiety, frustration and lots of other emotions are common. VED allows us to do "something" each and every day usually with some perception of improvement over weeks or months.

Hope this helps.

Mike_O

GS

bdozer,

I am now in my 2nd 26 week protocol and have really gotten comfortable with the VED.  When I first started using it, I was nervous as hell and it probably took 12 weeks of using it to get just a "little comfortable".

I use it as a medical device trying to help a very serious condition and not as a sexual toy.  IMO, that's the way to use it for the first 26 weeks.  After that, and as your condition improves, you can use it any way you want.  And, don't underestimate the harm you can do by abusing your penis with too much pressure.

Also, when you first start using the VED, you will probably have a little tenderness in your penis for the first few weeks while it is getting used to being stretched.  My advice is to not attempt having sex for a few hours after using it.  Otherwise, a little tenderness can turn into soreness.

I hope this advice helps.

GS

bdozer

Thanks GS and Mike_O!

It does sound like a "one man job" and I think eventually that's how it will be but no way is he going to try this thing without me there the first time, he made it clear.  He's counting on me to read all the advice on here and tell him how to do it.  Which is funny since I ain't got one o' them things (and if I did I hope it would be straight!)

I know it's not a sex toy, but always looking for a way to make an unpleasant or annoying chore a little lighter.  :)

Just as you say, I think there is psychological benefit to just doing something.  The VED is something he can do.  I need something I can do.  (right now it's reading all the back posts in these fora and ordering supplements on line but if there was anything helpful that I could do that would be of direct help I'd jump at the chance).

(He's also kind of reluctant to take the 9 million pills a day I think he should but that's another topic.)

fubar

Bdozer

You may try to get him to take a look at the forum and get active in his own research and recovery.
Like you said you do not own the body part infact there may be things of discussion that you can not identify with.

The use of a ved is something he will have to learn alone for it to be a truly affective treatment.I admire you for trying to help your man with this but it is more important mentally and physically for him to get involved.

Please keep us in the loop and let us know how you are doing yourself through this trying time
He is honestly blessed to have you after letting you go once, have him man up and take some risk!

This will not fix itself and will not go away overnight so the both of you need to be active and patient.I know you are doing work but he needs to get active and visit the forum so he knows he is not alone and we all have this thing to work on and we have all of us.

This forum has taken a big weight off my shoulders  and given me much relief .

Good luck and take care, fubar

Brightdog

Bdozer;

I hated the whole idea. Frankly, all of the treatments for this disease suck (bad pun...). And I am in the relatively early stages of post-op recovery, so I am on both traction (FastSize) and the VED and so far (1 month in) I have not let my wife see me do any of it. She has seen the FastSize device when it's not being worn, but she hasn't even seen the vacuum pump and cylinders. Hooray for separate bathrooms!

I am approaching the treatments very slowly. I started with too much traction the first week and scaled back a bit (the FastSize documentation for Canadian customers has been converted to metric - except the conversions don't actually match the pieces I was sent, and FastSize hasn't answered my questions about that...). The vacuum pump - I only pump to a comfortable erection size at first, and then a teeny bit of a stretch. I have a gauge and have found that going to -4 is about as far as I feel comfortable with right now. I have no sensation post-op, so I can't really go by feel. I will likely increase that pressure slightly when I start the next phase on the small cylinder.

chefcasey

I just started today with the vitality otc model.  It felt really awkward to say the least

I can't use the A cylinder right off the bat, it's just too small and uncomfortable.  I was experimenting with the B and C tubes, and noticed how difficult it would be for me to pump to even near a full erection.  All it feels like is how it would feel if you push your fingers against your pubic bone and watch your penis pop out an extra inch flaccid.

The only thing I notice filling up is the head, which is not what I'm trying to target.  The very bottom base will start to suck in if I pump any harder, and that scares me.  I don't even get a stretch in the shaft where I want it.  If anybody has any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, please tell me.  I feel like I just wasted a bunch of money.

mike67

You need to go to the VED thread and follow the 26 week Protocol permanent post by Angus. You can also print out my spreadsheet for tracking your sessions. It is a locked in post on the VED page.
You will find that you need a lot of lubrication when using the small cylinder. Sometimes it takes a lot of pumping to get the VED to begin but then you just pump , release  15 to 20 times per session.
Mikey

tl48

ChefCasey-
I am now in my 3rd week and I can definately relate to your concerns.  Old Man provided some words of wisdom for me because when you first start, it's the proverbial "monkey and the football".  It took me about a week of experimenting with all 3 tubes before I realized the "A" tube would work.  It is cramped as hell but I believe the idea is to stretch laterally, not girth-wise at the onset.  My Vitality unit came with 2 rubber rings and the smaller one is almost impossible to use.  After going with the larger rubber ring, my sessions are much more comfortable.  I have been extremely careful to not overpump!!!!!  Once you get the hang of an erection in the tube, I think you recognize the feeling of your penis trying to expand against the plastic which is a different feeling than if you are pumping too hard.

Some days are different where you locate the rubber end of the base.  If you feel discomfort, move the unit around to try and only get the base of the penis at the tube.  Also, use lubricant on the rubber end and trim your pubic hair.  Again, the critical thing is take your time.  Some sessions it takes a half dozen or so pumping and releasing before blood starts flowing and you see any "stretching".  Not to sound kinky, but it's kind of neat to see a "straight" erection again when your penis is in the tube!  

As I have read many of the posts here, I feel fortunate in that erections are not my problem, it's the bending.  I've got about a 30-40 degree bend a couple of inches before the glans and it is very uncomfortable for my wife.  Needless to say, our sex life is strained.  Anyway, after 3 weeks, maybe it's wishful thinking but today, it sure seemed like my erection was greater in circumference, as well as straighter.

I plan to keep on the program and start Pentox this week.  Still trying to decide if I want to go with Ubiquinol too or wait to see how the Pentox does by itself as a test study.

Hope this helps and feel free to respond to my individual post if I can help.

GDC

I also have a question about VED usage. You're supposed to pump up to erection then hold the vacuum for ~10 sec, then release it. After releasing it are you supposed to immediately pump again or wait until you are flaccid before pumping?

Old Man

GDC:

OK, you release the pressure, but hold the VED firmly against your body while the vacuum pressure deflates. Then, I suggest that you let the penis deflate as much as possible before pumping up again. However, do not remove the shaft from the cylinder as some say they do between pumping cycles. This will not allow for the best overall pumping conditions.

Use plenty of lubrication when you do the VED cycles at all times. You do not want to go "dry" with any VED therapy sessions.

Old Man

nates

I am in my fourth week and through trial and error, along with reading the advice on this forum, have settled into a nice daily routine. So far I have only used the tube that came with the device, and for now that appears to be adequate. For sure I am not restricted by any means. My curvature to the left of course favors the left side of the cylinder, and, as length is no issue, I'm a little hesitant to spend the cash on the next size cylinder and not see any benefits. I am able to use either size of the two supplied rings and do alternate them from time to time. Since I have lost so much girth and length, the smaller diameter ring actually works the best. I feel a little more confinement with this size, but not so much as to feel any type of restriction. Lubrication is a must and I also did the trim job after a couple of times of having the hair pulled around the base. As of now I can't say I have seen any appeciable improvements, but have only begun the routine.  

zeppo

Hello All,
I'm looking at buying a VED.  I was just wondering if I could get recommendations from those who have purchased and used  a VED.
From what I've read, it seems the purpose of these devices is to  promote  an erection that can be sustained for 20 to 30 minutes, without ejaculation.  I've  read about  seals, rings,  lubrication, and shaving,   but having never seen a VED,  am not sure exactly how these play a role in the process.

Are there physical stores that offer these devices so that I could visit one or two, have a look at the devices,  and ask questions,  before ordering online?

The following sight recommends the Encore Revive  system.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Vacuum-Erection-Device-Reviews-For-Erectile-Dysfunction&id=2293916
He says it comes with 7 rings.  I'm not sure what that means – i.e. what is the purpose of the rings.

Allegro advertise the standard battery-powered Encore VED for $93.95 at
http://www.allegromedical.com/impotence-c574/encore-standard-battery-powered-vacuum-erection-device-p211164.html

Amazon  advertises the deluxe battery and manual  Encore  for   $135.
http://www.amazon.com/Encore-Deluxe-Vacuum-Erection-Battery/dp/B001342B9U

At this point in time I don't know the difference between a standard and deluxe version, or
why a battery-operated version might be better or worse than a manual one.

Also,  are the instructions easy to understand?
What sorts of problems can I expect to run into when first using the device?

Thanks in advance,  Zeppo

Zeppo

Mike_O

#1 do more reading here on the discussion board particularly the "sticky" posts at the top of the board.

#2 battery powered VED is NOT needed for the therapy we are doing and, in fact, is a BAD idea as it leads to over-pumping, i.e. too much vacuum.

#3 there are lots of options for VEDs including cheap, home-made. Perhaps others will recommend specifics but I will not any longer as the purchasing has gotten very strange. My suggestion is do your research and make your own decision.

chefcasey

thanks for everyones reply,  I have decided to go with the 26 week protocol, using only the B and C cylinders, since girth is my only real problem.  I experimented with a traction device, but the thing causes too much discomfort even at 2 inches below my erect length, so I ditched it.  

I will update once a month with my results

Brightdog

My first VED, a manual one with a gauge and 3 cylinders, did not hold up very well. Reluctant to spend more money, I went on EBay.

A seller who goes by the name leluvshop had a heavier-duty manual pump and a 1.75" cylinder. I already had 2", 2.25" and 2.5" ones. Anyway, for less than $100 I got the pump and cyclinder sent by courier internationally. It arrived promptly and it not only works just fine, but it also fits the other cylinders.

I am a little behind on my VED therapy plans because it took me so long to get around to ordering the replacement pump, but I am pleased and now back on the protocol.

GDC

I've been using the Augusta single cylinder VED for about 2 weeks now (still waiting for other 2 cylinders to come). I am getting good seals and suction, but I never get an erection in it.  My penis only slightly engorges, and even that may just be my imagination. I definitely feel the plaque side of my shaft being stretched and I generally pump up to the point where this side would hurt if I pumped once more. After a session, my curvature is generally worse and the plaque feels extremely hard for some reason. However, I do think it has helped my erections during sex become harder. Has anyone else had such an experience with the VED? Do you think I should continue using it? maybe the smaller cylinders will help

Old Man

GDC:

You are not really having a problem with the VED therapy. In the beginning of VED therapy, your penis will not engorge as much as you think it should. Remember, that it probably has not had that much blood flowing into it for quite some time. You must go slow and allow the erectile tissue to learn how to expand again. When you get the two extra cylinders, practice using it for a few days before embarking on the schedule of daily exercises. Be extremely careful not to overpump the pressure at any time when using the VED. VED therapy is a case where less pressure is much better than more, so remember that. If you experience any pain or discomfort when pumping up, stop and determine the cause.

One primary thing to remember is that you must use plenty of lubricant so that the head and shaft portion will slide up and down in the cylinders easily. If you do not use enough to provide a slippery surface, you will feel irritation and that can cause edema (swelling) and you must not allow that to happen. If you do cause any damage to the skin or experience swelling, stop the therapy sessions until the damage heals.

So, bottom line, be careful with the amount of vacuum and use the right amount of lube.

Old Man

KAC

How much swelling is problem?  I generally have a little swelling in the tissue below the glans.  It's puffy for an hour or two.  I just haven't worried about it, but it doesn't completely go away either.
KAC

Mike_O

How much swelling is "too much"? Good question. The rule I use is I don't do therapy if there is visible swelling and, going forward, I adjust my protocol to avoid future swelling.

For example, if I am doing 2 therapy sessions in 1 day (morning and evening) and just prior to evening session I notice swelling (edema) then I skip the evening and make a note in my log - meaning that the morning session vacuum was too high or hold time too long or both.

With some experience the swelling is easily avoided but it takes some practice.

Our challenge is we become impatient for results, thinking more (vacuum and hold time) is better - which leads to further injury.

chefcasey

Alright, I've been trying with this thing for a month now, and I just can't stop getting my scrotum sucked up into the thing.

I've been shaving my pubic hair and using plenty of lube.  I just don't think there's any way around this.  I get a good seal and I can feel it, but my scrotum skin is directly under my penis base and no matter what I do or how I position it, it's the softest most flexible skin, so naturally the pump wants to suck that part up first.  I've even tried gripping my balls and holding them so they don't get sucked up, and to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I scrap the protocol?

Woodman

Casey- I ve had a lot of problems with trying to start to use the VED regularly due to pain but I have found a few tricks for the problem your having. One do not put lube on the very end part of the shaft where the penis connects to the body approx. 1/2 inch to inch before the penis meets your body. Sometimes I would have to use the large black insert some times both large and small black insert together. It seems for a few days the large might work better then a couples days later I would switch to the small and it would work better. If I found one not to be working too well or pinching I would switch them out while I was using the VED. I also experianced a few times when no matter what I tryed I still had the problem. Usually I tryed my best used less pressure and just tryed again the next session. I also would hold the testicles lightly till the VED seated against the body so it was harder for the skin to slip in the seal.

Also be sure to lube the inside of the black inserts in the tube. Not enough lube there will make the VED need more pressure then usual before it makes a good seal against the body causing it to suck up your skin. With the right amount of lube it will make a good seal before the pressure gets too strong and sucks up your skin.

Hope this helps a little. I wish you the best of luck been following your story. This is my 4th year with Peyronies Disease the beginning was really difficult mentally for me too. Hang in there it will get better for you in time too.

Old Man

Note to Woodman and Chefcasey26:

Read your posts with interest since the problem you guys experienced is very common. Lube must be kept away from the very base of the shaft where it meets the body and above all away from the scrotum itself. You know what happens if it gets on either or both.

Now about the black inserts that come with the Vitality OTC one cylinder VED. You must use one or the other of these inserts when using any or all of the cylinders. When using the small A cylinder you should use both black inserts to prevent a "pinching" of the shaft skin in between the A and B cylinders. When using only the B and C cylinders, you may or may not need to use both inserts if your size does not need both.

You must use also use both the small and large black inserts when using the B and C cylinders (if necessary as stated above) or only the large black insert based on your size. You also must always use the large black insert when using only the large C cylinder to prevent the edge of the mouth from cutting into the pubic area. It will preclude the scrotum skin from being drawn into the mouth of the cylinder if you keep a firm pressure of the entire VED against your body when pumping.

Try the above tips to see what happens. You might need to practice doing these a few times before getting the hang of how it is done.

Old Man

Edited: 2/3/11 to clarify the insert suggestions in the last paragraph from my original post.

KAC

ChefCasey, I had similar trouble for a while.  I also avoid putting any lube on the lower part of the shaft.  I do put some lube on the concave rim of the black insert, but only on the inside edge. Once any lube get on the outside of where the seal is made, that's the skin that gets sucked in.  Hope that helps a little.

Old Man

Note to all:

My post #71 below has been edited to clarify the use of the black inserts when using the B and C cylinders only.
Please take note of the changes.

Old Man

Davea

Just a quick note about lubricants.

I have used Johnson's Baby Oil since I started with the Soma device 6 months ago. It recently stopped working and when I complained they told me you should never use oil-based lubricants as it will cause the plastic and rubber based components to degrade quickly.

You should have a look at previous posts about water/silicon based products but avoid oil-based products apparently!!!!!!

hopeful_one

I bought the Vitality OTC and the A & B Tubes separately from Augusta Medical Systems but need help getting started with the A tube. The Large sizing insert would work well with the OTC main tube, and seems to also fit well with the slightly narrower B tube. However, the small sizing insert doesn't seem to fit rght with the A tube. When I setup the A tube to use I do the following:
1) insert the B tube into the main OTC tube
2) insert the A tube into the B tube
3) insert the large sizing insert into the main OTC tube
4) insert the small sizing insert into the large sizing insert

the small sizing insert has the same diameter opening as the A tube which is good but the small sizing insert isn't quite long enough to reach the A tube so there is about a 3/8 " gap between the end of the small sizing insert and the A tube. That doesn't seem right as the shaft would be able to expand more in that area than anywhere else. Here is a little ascii diagram that I hope will describe what I'm talking about (left side is where the sizing inserts go / right side is the vacuum pump device:
     __
___|   |_____________________

___     _____________________
    |__|

Someone please let me know if this is the way it's supposed to be or if I'm doing something wrong. Should I have purchased the SOMAerectStf that comes with the tubes and sizing inserts made for each other? I hope I didn't make a mistake with what I bought.

Thanks!

Old Man

hopeful one:

No, you have not made a mistake buying the VED package that you did. You have assembled the three cylinders in the right order. There will be a small gap when using the small sizing insert inside the large insert. That is the way they are made.

The SomaSTF has the same setup of cylinders and the same sizing inserts. You do not need to worry about that small gap and it should be no problem when doing the exercise cycles of the 26 week protocol.

Regards, Old Man

hopeful_one

Quote from: Old Man on February 17, 2011, 10:32:58 PM
hopeful one:

No, you have not made a mistake buying the VED package that you did. You have assembled the three cylinders in the right order. There will be a small gap when using the small sizing insert inside the large insert. That is the way they are made.

The SomaSTF has the same setup of cylinders and the same sizing inserts. You do not need to worry about that small gap and it should be no problem when doing the exercise cycles of the 26 week protocol.

Regards, Old Man

Thanks Old Man, I appreciate the help!

dioporcolorisolvo

Hi, a simple question:
Which is the difference between a natural erection and an erection reached through VED?

Worried Guy

A VED device applies more pressure than a normal erection.  When using a VED device my erection is straight but with a normal erection I have a 15 degree curvature.  Using the VED every day has been proven in recent studies to stretch the penis and decrease the curvature.