VED - Beginners Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy

I have there are a few aspects to how/why it works, but the most important thing to remember is that it does work for some men, and a recent study backed that up. That's not to say that getting regular erections isn't helpful too and maybe can even reduce worsening of a condition to some extent, but I certainly wouldn't say that you should view it to be the same as the VED.

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: newguy on June 27, 2011, 11:07:37 PM
I have there are a few aspects to how/why it works, but the most important thing to remember is that it does work for some men, and a recent study backed that up. That's not to say that getting regular erections isn't helpful too and maybe can even reduce worsening of a condition to some extent, but I certainly wouldn't say that you should view it to be the same as the VED.

i'm italian and my english isn't perfect.
Can you explain the concept better? I didn't undestand.

fubar

Hello

The vacuum erection device uses negative pressure in the cylinder.Expanding your penis from the inside out.This is not a natural erection and pressure is greater than a natural erection.You may not expand like your natural erection but you are giving it a better work out and streatching the scared tissue.

Hope this helps : fubar

RoyRogers

Hey guys,

I don't have erectile dysfunction, and I get erections while trying to use the VED. This is a problem, because it leads to overpumping. I'm not sure what I should do in this case. Should I try another form of therapy i.e. pentox?

GS

Roy,

I don't have ED and I use the VED on a regular basis.  Just go slow and easy on the pumping and when you get an erection, stop pumping, hold the pressure for a few seconds and then release the pressure.  After I get my original erection with the pump, I usually only pump it once or twice and then hold for the rest of my therapy session.  

Getting an erection shouldn't lead to over pumping.

GS

samsabina

About that gap, described below, when using the A cylinder.

When I pump, the skin near the base goes into that gap. When I'm done, there's a pretty puffed up ring around my shaft where the gap is.

Does anybody else have this problem? Has anybody tried to fill in that gap with something? My scar is very close to where the gap is, so it's a particular concern....

mike67

Samsabina re the gap

I am into my second year of 3 cylinder  VED treatment. I had the same problem with the largest cylinder.
What I did to stop the skin entering the tube was firstly - make sure the outer part of the rubber insert is lubricated. But not too much as it will become too slippery and facilitate the skin to migrate into the tube.
Also I use both rubber inserts when using the largest cylinder. And just stop and sort of readjust the cylinder  and push it hard against my body til I get a good seal. If that doesn't stop it , I just  pull the skin out and press harder til you get a better seal.
A note on lubricants
Oldman recommended EQUATE Personal Lubricant Jelly available at Walmart for less than $2.00 per tube. I stock up when we go to Florida in winter. It is a water based lube and works very well.
Hope this helps you.

Mike
Mikey

Old Man

Samsabina and others using three cylinder VEDs.

OK, the problem you and others are having with the skin being pulled into the gap is one that Augusta has solved with a longer or thicker, if you will, insert. As Mike says, using both sizing inserts will eliminate some of the problem, but the newer and better small insert solves the problem nicely.

Anyone having the early model Vitality and Somaerect three cylinders should contact the Augusta Medical Systems and ask how they can purchase the newer sizing insert. I got one just as soon as they replaced the "defective" one and it works great without a hitch or any pull of the skin, etc.

Now a word about lubricant - Mike is right, the Walmart Equate brand of lubricant is much cheaper and works equally as well as KY or the OEM lube that comes with the VED package when bought. Make doubly certain that you do not get any lube on the scrotum skin when lubing up for a VED session. Another tip is to clip off the long hair around the base of the shaft and they with a safety razor shave off the remaining stubble. This will allow a much better seal around the sizing insert(s) as the case may be and prevent the scrotum skin from being pulled up into the mouth of the VED cylinder. (Once you have starting the shaving routine, you must do this on a regular basis to that area clean of hair.)

Takes a bit of practice to get the hang of theabove suggestions, so be patient and the correct procedure will come to you soon.

I will address an answer to any and all questions about VED usage and any problems that may be encountered when using a VED.

Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

samsabina

Thanks OM.
I emailed Augusta, and they seem not to know about it:

As per the sizing inserts I have not been made aware of any changes made
to them, but please feel free to contact me directly so that we can
discuss this inquiry.
18008278382 Ext. 1025

Thank you,
Juan Martinez(Csr)  

I will call and see if they will send me whatever the current ones are.  

luka-brasi

thats exactly the issue i have!

i have a great seal no scrotum sucked in and everything should be fine but erections are very hard for me to achieve, maybe in 1 of 3 sassions and that is a 80% erection max. the other times i stay under 50% errect.
more pressure would suck my hernia out of again. i have to stop after 4 or 5 pumps.

:(

Quote from: GDC on January 30, 2011, 07:49:10 PM
I've been using the Augusta single cylinder VED for about 2 weeks now (still waiting for other 2 cylinders to come). I am getting good seals and suction, but I never get an erection in it.  My penis only slightly engorges, and even that may just be my imagination. I definitely feel the plaque side of my shaft being stretched and I generally pump up to the point where this side would hurt if I pumped once more. After a session, my curvature is generally worse and the plaque feels extremely hard for some reason. However, I do think it has helped my erections during sex become harder. Has anyone else had such an experience with the VED? Do you think I should continue using it? maybe the smaller cylinders will help

cmcurt

hi new to the site. Wanted to say, all you guy here are an inspiration to me. I am 34 and had a active sex life up until 3-4 months ago. take into account my wife and i just had a little girl 10 month ago so a lot of sex wasn't a option until my wife "felt sexy".  she then lost most of her baby weight, and i got a bit more. first thing i noticed was a pain about mid penis, every time i had an erection. Bothersome, but i hadn't been getting any so i blocked out the pain.  it got to be more frequent, the pain that is. Now nightly erections were very painful.  it was now my turn to back off form sex. not my favorite plan but I was pain free.  i finally had to talk to my wife,because i just couldn't get an erection one night, too painful.all this time didn't have much of a bend but was noticing the build up along the top of my penis.

we got an appointment for a urologist in Olympia " Mount Rainier Urology " the doctor diagnosed me with Peyronies.  wrote me a script for 15% Verapamil. then the hassle began. $1500 for a year supply. that was the cheapest way to go. more $$ if you went month to month. not an option. called back and was told that was the only option i had. i had already been to this site and had read of other options. they wouldn't give me another choice, so i told them to shove it!  

Did a bit more looking on this site and found a Doctor at UW Medical Center in Seattle. by the way this Dr. rocks. Very helpful and knows his Peyronies.  Gave me a script for 400 mg Pentox  2x day. by this point i had a bend while erect and had little to no pain.

Now after taking the pills i feel better about myself, went through a bit of self pity and worthlessness, still wish i didn't fall into the 9% who get this darn disease. the wife likes me better now too!  but now i am really experiencing the bend, some pain and a tiny bit of the hour glass effect, mainly at the beginning of the plaque build up. still can have sex, but it is getting interesting, the angle is all wrong.  lol  

so i really need to know what VED is best for straitening, i am not too concerned about the loss of length, not saying I'm not gonna miss it. but i want to get rid of the bend. also what program should i use, how often etc... any suggestions would be great!!

fubar

Cmcurt

For a ved I would look into purchasing the vitallity otc.You may still be able to get one from diabetes 4 less.It is a medical grade device that many of us on  the forum.Last time I checked they were selling it about hundred dollars.

Fubar

Old Man

cmcurt:

Sorry to learn that you have joined the Peyronies Disease family ranks! Fubar has given you some sage advice about which VED to purchases. As far as we know, the Vitality OTC one cylinder VED is still available for about $100.00 from this site:

diabetessupplies4less.com   (Copy and paste this URL into your web browser)

It does not require an RX from any doctor. You can order it direct from them via the web at the above site. There is a one cylinder therapy protocol listed in the VED board section of the home page index. Be sure that you read all the posts/threads listed in that board. There is a ton of VED usage information there.

We will be happy to field any questions you may have about VED therapy, so just post here or send me a PM if you so desire.

Regards, Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

mike67

Old Man
I wanted to ask about Dr. Levine's VED approach.
I have been following the pump & hold ,as detailed on our Protocol for 3 cylinder VED , for 15-20 seconds for a session of about 20 minutes per day since July 2010. I recently found the site noted below , and after reading his "pump and hold for 30 minutes " approach , am confused . After almost 1 1/2 yrs of the former useage with no results , I am inclined to try Dr. Levine's method for awhile.
I think his comments date back to about 2008.

This quoted from question posed to Dr. Levine on the alternate site: Peyronies Disease Advocates (www.peyroniesassociation.org)
"It is my opinion that a vacuum device, used properly, may be able to apply mechanical forces to the penis to stretch the scar and possibly result in some straightening. I have been using vacuum therapy in concert with intralesional injection of verapamil over the last year. My current protocol is to use the vacuum starting at 5 minutes and building up to 30 minutes, once to twice per day. These forces should be applied in a continuous, not in an "up and down" approach as has been suggested by one of the firms making the vacuum device.
 Therefore, as the individual becomes more comfortable with the vacuum application, they can maintain the vacuum device on the penis, without the constriction band, for as long as - but not more than 30 minutes. Exceeding this time period may create vascular injury to the erectile tissue.
 The goal is also to not only have the vacuum stretch the tissue, but the resulting curvature of the penis will press up against the interior wall of the vacuum tube which may also place mechanical forces to stretch and hopefully straighten the scar tissue.The recommended approach that I have used with patients (without any clear evidence of benefits as of yet) is to apply the vacuum once to twice per day in a progressive fashion until they could tolerate leaving the device in place for thirty minutes. Using a pulse of vacuum for short term (i.e. 5 minutes) may not be beneficial and may potentially cause injury."

The above is a direct quote from the site..

Would appreciate hearing your take on this. I suppose either method is beneficial but one of the top Uros , often mentioned here , appears to fully endorse the pump and hold method.

Thanks

Mike

Mike  
Mikey

Old Man

Mike67:

I still disagree with the good doctor's approach to vacuum therapy. My personal uro and I developed the three cylinder protocol as well as the one cylinder protocol from her extensive research at a VA hospital in Georgia along with my working closely with her after my prostatectomy way back in 1995.

It has been demonstrated by my personal experience with several bouts of Peyronies Disease that the vacuum therapy can be very deterimental to penile health if not done properly, with the right amout of vacuum and not holding times as long as 30 minutes. Any tissue exposed to that amount of time possibly can cause the blood to get cooler than body temps and therby might cause damage to the erectile tissue.

From our experience and others using the VED approach, the holding time between pump up cycles should not exceed 2 or 3 minutes. We found that pumping, holding only for a few seconds, releae and repeat gives much better therapy to ones penis, etc.

The above is just my personal experience with the VED therapy.

Old Man

spike

On this Thanksgiving day I'm thankful to all of you that have posted all the useful information. Bless you!

After spending the last three days scrolling through the posts, I want to include VED use in my treatment program.
I cannot afford a medical grade 3 tube VED. It seems my best course of action is to purchase the Vitality OTC single tube VED. I understand the importance of using the 3 tube protocol. I have read posts that suggest you can purchase different tube sizes for the single tube Vitality OTC.

Question #1?
Can someone provide info or a link to where you can purchase different tube sizes? I cannot find any info on the Augusta Medical supply site.

Question #2
I not quite clear as to what the mechanics are when you are using smaller tube sizes in a single tube system. Is it simply this?....Within the main acrylic vacuuming chamber, there is another smaller acrylic tube that would provide a snug fit when your penis becomes erect? Is this smaller tube just "free floating" or is attached to the VED device? If it is not attached, could you use an appropriately sized acrylic tube that could be purchased at a home store etc?

Happy Thanksgiving?

Spike

Old Man

spike:

OK, you have asked about the differences between the single cylinder VED and the three cylinder VED. First, I must explain that the one cylinder VED is an over the counter medical grade VED and the three cylinder VED is NOT AN OVER THE COUNTER VED and it requires an RX from your PCP or uro stating that you an ED patient and require the use of the VED for erections. The company can only fill orders for the three cylinder VED with an RX.

Now, about the smaller cylinders that fit inside the large cylinder that is attached to the pump assembly - the small two cylinders fit inside the large one and they are somewhat free floating in that they do not physically attach to either the pump or the large cylinder - they fit inside it, etc. Their purpose is to close down the I.D. of the large one so that the shaft of ones penis fits snugly inside them when pumping up the vacuum pressure.

Now, the only we know at the moment to obtain the two small cylinder is by purchasing the three cylinder model. The extra cylinders were available at one time, but the company removed them from their web store some time ago. The one cylinder model can still be purchased at several sources.

The suggested sources for the medical quality VEDs at the moment are listed herein:

1. Vitality One cylinder VED can be purchased here:   www.diabetessupplies4less.com  It does not require an RX. The price is around $100.00 plus S&H for the manual model

2. The three cylinder VED can be purchased here:  www.augustams.com  It requires an RX from your PCP or uro.
The price is around $500.00 plus S&H for the SomaSTF VED manual model. The RX must state that the VED is required for ED and NOT FOR Peyronies Disease OR ELSE THE COMPANY CAN NOT SELL IT TO YOU SINCE IT IS NOT APPROVED FOR Peyronies Disease THERAPY, ONLY FOR ED THERAPY.

NOTE:  The above sources are not the only ones available, just ones that have been used by some of us on the forum. Go to the home page of each source and locate the men's health link for the Vitality and the Store link for the Augusta VED.

Some guys have purchased the one cylinder VED and then fashioned an inside smaller cylinder themselves by purchasing a tube from a local hardware or home improvement store. Lowe's and Home Depot have been cited as sources some guys have bought the tubing and made their own smaller cylinders.

Perhaps one of these guys will read this post and advise you how they made theirs. Be careful as to the length inside the large cylinder though so that any sharp cut edge is smooth so it won't cause any damage to your penis.

Old Man

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL~~

Luciano

Well spike, you didnt fill in your location.
If you are inside the EU
you can get the 3 cyl model without rx at:
http://www.imedicare.eu/products.html
its around 240 british pounds.

I read in a post about a user in Canada who called augusta.He did not have a prescription:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,1626.msg30866.html#msg30866
QuoteI then called Augusta and they do not have any Canadaian distributors. I thenm asked about the smaller A nad B cylinders and she said they took them off the site and they are only available to people who have the SOMA Erect system already. Ugghh! Then I asked if I could buy the SOMA Erect and if I don't have a precription, it will be $595, plus shipping and handling - WOW, that is a lot of money!
I checked the website, and the model is now $648.00 plus shipping and handling

Luc

Angus

Quote from: Old Man on November 24, 2011, 07:39:50 PM
spike:

..... Lowe's and Home Depot have been cited as sources some guys have bought the tubing and made their own smaller cylinders.

Perhaps one of these guys will read this post and advise you how they made theirs........Old Man

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL~~

You absolutely can make your own small cylinder VED. This is one I made and have used for years with great success. Inside diameter 1 1/4" vinyl tubing, a PVC cap and an inexpensive pump with vacuum release. It does the job and does it well. It can be made for 25 or $30 US with hardware store parts and an inexpensive hand pump. Years ago I made 3 VED's of various sizes to use the 3 cylinder protocol and used all with great success. The home made VED does the same thing as a medical grade VED but without a comforting name brand on it. Lack of money should never stop a man from having a vacuum erection device. I know that making and using a vacuum erection device isn't for everyone, but they work for me and are a viable option for those that just don't have enough money for medical grade units.
  The black object on the VED is a vacuum gauge. You do not have to have one of these. I put gauges on my VED's to know the Hg measurement of the vacuum, but it is not necessary for VED therapy.  

Old Man

Angus:

Great job with the picture of your expertly self made VED. There is absolutely no reason why it would not work for anyone with the ability to copy your design and make their own!

I have checked out all the parts at the sources I mentioned and are available at very low cost. So those who have the ability to "make things work" should explore this avenue of obtaining a VED. The pump must come from whatever source one can locate one. A search on line will bring up many sources as I found out.

Regardless of what some doctors/uros say about vacuum therapy, there is definitely no harm in obtaining one and using it. VED therapy is not an overnight "cure/treatment", but with patience and careful use, it can and will increase the chances of helping with more blood flow, increasing the size of ones shrunken dick and help with erections. I am speaking here from personal experience with over 58 years of time with Peyronies Disease symptoms!!!

However, it would only be fair to state that there are some "difficult cases" of Peyronies Disease that do not respond quickly to VED therapy and in a very minor percentage reap no benefit at all.

Old Man

Angus

Old Man, dead on. Your post is a summary of what we've been trying to say here for years. New guys, read his post... twice. Then remember it.
I will say it in different words: the vacuum erection device is not a cure or magic bullet that works in the short term. The VED, for us, is for physical therapy: rehab or rehabilitation. This is no different from the machines and devices used for rehabilitation after knee or shoulder surgery. Peyronies disease is an injury and must have physical therapy right now because there is no pill, so far, that straightens out an injured penis. The VED can't restore damaged tissue but can help re-model what you have. For me it was better to make the VED's and get on with physical therapy because the magic bullet pill wasn't there then, and it isn't here now. Some guys report failure, damage and injury from using a VED. I feel that is because of lack of information, training and understanding what a VED does.  

Barryp

Today was my first use of the VED.  I've had Peyronie's for about 2 years with a 50 degree upward bend midshaft with mild circumferential hourglassing.  No pain, very soft plaque, moderate ED.  My uro was of the thought that the options were surgery (which I'm not even thinking about) or just keep on doing as usual.  Sex is a bit uncomfortable in some positions and quicker than we'd like.  He had no negative things to say about trying the VED other than not to be disappointed if it doesn't work out.
I have the Vitality OTC single tube device and was able to get things lubed up and played with it a bit.  The problem I'm having is that the glans expands to normal erectile size under vacuum but fully contacts the walls of the tube, acting like a plunger in a manual bicycle pump.  With the vacuum in the tube, I can slide my finger inside the tube at the base of my penis, let air in, and the glans expansion doesn't let the air past it.  I can pump a bit more and still pull the head up, without any vacuum on the shaft.  Without vacuum on the shaft, I'm wondering if I'm going to have chance at any improvement.  The penis head has always been wider than the shaft, even when flaccid.
Any thoughts from the group on the situation?  I'm kind of thinking of some type of bypass tube to the bottom of the device chamber to get vacuum down there.  There's about what looks like 1/8" space around between the shaft and the tube wall, so it's not slam against it.
That is all new to me.
Thanks.

LWillisjr

Barryp,
Go to the memberlist and find "Old Man", and send him a personal message. He might see this and send you a message first. He is our leading forum expert on the use the VEDs.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Barryp

Old Man and I PM'ed back and forth and he described what I have as a mushroom glans.  It's the only one I have and never thought of it as anything aside from average.  I am "thickly" endowed, I guess.  I was thinking of ways to rig up some tubes to get 2 1/2" or more diameter to accomodate the head as it expands under the vacuum.  I instead decided to modify the glans.
Not as traumatic as it sounds  :o.  I used a finger cot (basically like a single finger latex glove or snug condom).  This was trimmed to make a cover for the glans that went just to where the corona meets the shaft.  Being elastic, it compressed the head to about 1/2 the shaft diameter.  As vacuum was applied it expanded to about normal erection head size which is less than the I.D. of the tube by just enough so as not to stopper the pressure (plunger effect).  This allowed the vacuum to get past the frenulum (the dorsal of the head is still up against the tube because of the bend), and around the neck (as the urethra is smack up on the ventral side of tube), and got the expected shaft engorgement.  As a side "benefit", I'm not getting as much negative pressure on the glans, so less risk of aching as the elastic conterpressure keeps it from over expanding.  Also, I apparently don't have a need to stretch the glans tissue.
I'll be getting used to this, going slow and gentle, and will start on the one tube protocol over the next months.  Maybe by Christmas or so, I can report on some success.

LWillisjr

I don't recall anyone posting with that problem before, but is a great suggestion.
thanks.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Old Man

les:

In some of the sex toy web sites, they have listed a penis stabilizer that guys who are diabetic can use to support their penises due lack of a firm erection.

Somewhere in the past I have seen several guys who used them with great success. These devices may or may not work for this problem. Maybe someone will purchase one and test it out to see if it would work, etc.

Old Man

stnlycp

I have a question...are you supposed to use these devices daily? Is it for rehab purposes? No one has stated when, how long to use them. Do you primarily use it before intercourse? What if you don't have a problem with getting an erection? Any help would be appreciated

Old Man

stnlycp:

When you say devices, which to you mean - VED, traction or the the penile stabilizer? Both the VED and traction device should be used on a daily basis if at all possible. The penile stabilizer is used only when preparing for sexual activity when a firm erection is not possible, etc.

Since you state you do not have ED, then there would be no problem using either of these devices. However, the VED works best when not erect when starting the therapy session.

The penile stabilizer only supports a partially erect (mostly for diabetic patients who can not get a proper erection and maintain it for sex) so that the user can penetrate with a semi hard erection and complete sexual activity with its use.

Old Man

stnlycp

What type of VED should I use. Also, I saw pictures of the bends and they bend downwards while mine bends upwards, any difference?

james1947

I have a simple VED that works fine so I can't recommend a specific one.
Regarding bends, mine is up and left. As I know, bends are coming in different directions and shapes.
My bent was originally down then turned up, left than turned right.
Now with my treatment (small hourglasses gone) remain an up banana shape and slight left bend caused by two calcified plaques.

James  
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

philip64

Quote from: DannyOcean on July 15, 2010, 04:34:19 PM

#1 - So far when I use the VED I do get the engorging effect but not a full on erection.  

Same for me. Sometimes it feels really big and hard, sometimes only 70% even when trying for 100. Seems normal from what I've read here.

#2 - I've just started to using it and so even when I'm not fully engorged I do sometimes feel a pull that I would classify as a bit uncomfortable.

Same here. Not painful, but a bit odd. Third day in and I'm getting used to it.

#3 - This is the strange one.  Do any of you feel an urge to masturbate after using the VED and if so, do you?

First, not strange at all. Of course I'm not using VED for masturbation but for therapy, but for a man like me who's been celibate for five years, only occasionally masturbating with a semi-erect penis and low sexual self-esteem, the full erections I'm getting with the vacuum are a downright celebration. I've masturbated three days in a row now after starting VED with full, lasting erections, great orgasms and no c-ring. I haven't experienced anything like this in over ten years. There's no weirdness to me masturbation anyway, but I feel like in this case I can see very hopeful progress in my disease (it's ED I'm more concerned about than the curvature- I don't like my curve of course, but I'm seeing that it doesn't have to interfere with great sex, or even a good-looking penis when it's fully erect. So it has been happy results for me. I'm sure I too will not be masturbating every day after VED of course! It's an exercise alter all that I'll get used to and will become routine, but it's very exciting to an experience a good strong erection again after so many years.

#4 - Finally, what do y'all "do" when you are using the VED?  

I put on a timer on my computer that shows seconds and watch a documentary or something. I'm a total newbie but even so I'm trying to go with the flow of things. I've not experienced any pain (pressure, not pain) save some minor skin abrasion the first day I used it as a result of taking it on and off too much. Now I leave it on.

james1947

Philip64

I don't understand your post. :(
It is all a quote from DannyOcean, or the questions from him and answers from you?

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

philip64

Sorry- I didn't quote and answer correctly. I was just trying to give my first impressions of the VED, which were great! I'll get it right next time.

While I'm here, I have a question about gaskets. I bought mine here in China at a pharmacy. It only had one gasket. But after five days use it already is stretched out and the seal is weak/leaking at the pubic mound. I don't know if I didn't care for it correctly or if it's a bad VED. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong in getting it to seal. I'll go back to the pharmacy to see if they extra gaskets but it would be ridiculous to go through a gasket a week. What do you fellas think?

jackp

philip

Get the equivalent of KY jelly to use as a seal. Takes a little practice to get the right amount. Just put a good bead around the gasket.

Sometimes too much pubic hair will cause it not to seal properly.  A lot of men trim the hair and some even shave around there penis.

For problems send Old Man a PM he is the expert on VED's.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com

Old Man

Philip:

Explain a bit more about the gasket problem. Do you mean the insert/gasket that fits on or inside the mouth of the cylinder mouth? This is supposed to make the fit and seal around the base of the shaft more comfortable and give a good tight seal while pumping vacuum.

If this insert/gasket has gone bad after only a few days use, then there really is something wrong about it. You are right about going back to the store where you bought it to make a claim for correction of the problem.

One tip about cleaning the VED: After using it you should wash it thoroughly with warm water and a soap solution, BUT DO NOT immerse the pump assembly in the water for obvious reasons.

Jack gave you some really important tips about trimming and shaving around the base of the shaft to get a better seal. I have done this now for a bit over 20 years with great success in getting a better seal, etc. BTW, you soon get used to the prickly stubble!!!

Old Man

PS: If you can locate a source of supply for it your part of the world, try to get the Augusta Vitality OTC one cylinder VED. It is of a good durable medical quality material and you would have no problem with using it. I think that there is a source of the Augusta VEDs located in Australia. Maybe someone from there will read these posts and kick in the location for you.

philip64

Old Man- yes, that's exactly the part I'm talking about. The insert part that attaches to the cylinder mouth. The outer edge is letting air in when I pump the device. It's still working- but not efficiently like before. It won't hold a vacuum.

I guess I'm going to have to do some research on where to get a satisfactory one. Even if the pharmacy where I bought it has replacement gaskets, it seems kind of doubtful that they would be any better.

When you wash the VED, you remove the gasket, correct?

Is there a link of illustrations (cartoon or photo) of how to use a typical single-cylinder device?

inkhorn

Philip- Old Man is without a doubt the resident authority here on VED and handles everyone of my questions. I have to agree with what Jack said.I actually shave the area where the gasket meets the skin.By doing so I no longer need to put jelly on the rim, but that also helps create a seal. BTW I have been using the same VED for 3.5 years and have never replaced a single part except the cock rings. It was a little pricey but it works and has lasted. Osborn Erectaid Esteem. Regards Inkhorn

Old Man

Philip64:

Yes, you totally wash each and every part of the VED except the pump portion. The pump portion should never, ever be immersed in water since that will eventurally render useless. You especially need to clean the sizing insert.

Now, about assembling the VED for use: you must place a good amount lube all over the insert before placing it in the cylinder mouth. This does two things: one to let the insert seal good and tight before pumping up and it allows it to be removed easier if it should stick in the mouth of the cylinder.

I would suggest that you try this before going back to the source you bought the VED. The above procedure might just clear up your problem. Unless the insert is getting much softer and or getting stretched from use, it appears it would still be good, etc.

Let us know if this works for you.   Old Man

PS: Edit. Phillip, Inkhorn is right, trimming the longer pubic hair and then shaving the stubble will definitely make a better seal when pumping up. I trimmed off my long hair first, then shaved the area around the base so that no hair would be in the mouth area, etc. I shave about one a week down there now to present a smooth surface for the insert to seat and seal better.

Old Man

Inkhorn:

Need some help from you. Your inbox is full in your private messages area. You need to delete some.

Old Man