VED - Beginners Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyOcean

Hey all.  Just got a VED and have a few questions.  Hopefully these won't be too strange.  ;D

#1 - So far when I use the VED I do get the engorging effect but not a full on erection.  I think, from reading the many posts here, that that is normal.  Assuming it is, my question is around whether to wait for the penis to become fully flaccid before beginning the cycle or whether I should begin the next cycle right after the previous one?

#2 - I've just started to using it and so even when I'm not fully engorged I do sometimes feel a pull that I would classify as a bit uncomfortable.  So far I've been stopping at that point because I want to be very cautious about not overdoing it.  However, I did want to see if this was pretty normal, especially early on when you are just getting used to the sensations.

#3 - This is the strange one.  Do any of you feel an urge to masturbate after using the VED and if so, do you?  It seems pretty normal to want to see how big/firm your erection is post VED and from some of the postings here I wonder if having a natural erection after using the VED might be beneficial.  On the other hand I plan to use the VED daily and masturbating every day isn't something I want to do.  Any thoughts?  Perhaps this desire just goes away with time...

#4 - Finally, what do y'all "do" when you are using the VED?  Do you just focus on the VED itself?  Or do you watch TV, listen to the radio, etc.?  Doing just the VED for 30 minutes a day for the rest of my life seems daunting.  If I could do something else at the same time that seems better but I worry if there isn't a higher likelihood you'd get distracted and injure yourself.  Any thoughts or experiences?

Thank you all!  

mike67

I just recieved my Fritzz yesterday . I have been using a single cylinder Sex shop one. It works well but now I have really joined the big leagues.
To reply to # 4 - I sit on the couch in my basement , tell the wife I'll be busy for awhile , turn on the TV and get started. Sometimes I get distracted trying to count the cylces - it's only 10 or 12 I do for my regimen. So far I am only doing 10 - 15 minutes total at on sitting. And once per day.
Mikey

Old Man

DannyOcean:

I will try to answer your questions in the order you posted them:

1. You do not need to get your penis to a full erection in the small cylinder as it is rather confining and you could possibly cause more trauma by overpumping the pressure. One suggestion that helps is that you must use plenty of lube when doing the cycles. After pumping up and holding for the required time, release the pressure, hold the VED against your body with a mild amount of pressure and it is not necessary to go completely flaccid before resuming another pumping cycle.

2. You will certainly feel strange pulling on the shaft when you first start using the VED therapy. Just use enough pressure to get as much of your shaft into the small cylinder as possible without using more than enough pressure. The therapy should be comfortable without any pain or extreme uncomfortable feeling. Your body will tell you that you have used the right amount so listen or use the feeling you get when pumping.

3. This a question that has arisen for me on a number of guys using the therapy. My considered opinion is that it is your body and you should decide what is best for you. If you have the urge to masturbate and you are comfortable with doing so, then use your best judgement about doing it. It will certainly not do any damage to your penis!! Would not suggest that you do this each and every day, but on an occasional basis, I see no problem with it - it is your choice. This desire might go away with time as the therapy becomes a routine rather than a first time encounter.

4. I don't suggest or recommend doing anything other than the VED therapy. You might lose count of the time, the number of cycles if you are using that as your guide for each therapy session, or any other attraction that might take away your concentration. However, some guys report that watching TV does take their mind off getting an erection that would interfere with an erection causing their session to go awry. So, use your own judgement about what is right for you.

Hope the above helps. These suggestions are just my experience with working with many guys, etc.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

iamthewife

Here is a question for VED users on behalf of my husband (who just yesterday for the first time took turned the corner and sat next to me while I showed him this website).  

He has been attempting to use a single cylinder ved but complains of pain when his scrotum gets vaccumed into the cylinder.  How does he avoid this?

From the way I have seen him use it I think he is using it the wrong way.
He lays down flat on his back and only uses lubricant in the area where he shaved his pubic hair and in the entrance of the cylinder (not the actual inside of the tube - clear part).  
He inserts his entire penis into the cylinder, and to me it seems to flop to the left when inside (when no pressure his been added yet).  
He creates a seal and as he adds more pressure he moves the cylinder a bit to the right and left trying to get his penis to not "flop or lean" against the cylinder wall and go in an upward position instead.
As he adds more pressure is where I see his scrotum get sucked in, and this is usually the point where he stops saying it is just really painful (scrotum) not his penis.

Suggestions please

Old Man

iamthewife:

WOW, no wonder your husband is having pain! The scrotum should never be allowed to enter the mouth of the VED cylinder. The pain is caused by the testicles being pulled in with the vacuum pressure. He should avoid this at all costs.

He needs to go to this link on the VED board to get the protocol for using a one cylinder VED:

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,901.0.html

This protocol was developed by me for guys using the single cylinder VED. JackP used it prior to his implant surgery and I requested that he post it on the VED board so that all guys could use it for their single cylinder VEDs.

Now, a few suggestions for him to use:

1. Since he has already shaved off the pubic hair, he should keep this shaved on a regular basis for obvious reasons.

2. Use plenty of lubrication in this manner: Lubricate the sizing insert that came with the VED as well as on up inside the cylinder a ways. Lubricate the entire shaft of the penis, but be careful not to get any on the scrotum which would cause it to be drawn up into the mouth of the cylinder. Its being pulled into the cylinder should be avoided at all costs as extreme pain can and will will cause more problems for him. He should not try to keep the penis from moving around inside the cylinder when pumping vacuum pressure.

3. Do not move the cylinder from side to side or up and down while trying to get a good tight seal. Use only minor movements by simply jockeying the entire VED around just enough to get the seal started. Using a slight amount of vacuum usually does the trick of sealing the mouth of the cylinder against the shaft as the vacuum pulls blood into the erectile tissue. He must practice doing this until he masters this step. It is important that VED therapy be comfortable and not cause any pain or discomfort while doing the therapy sessions as outlined in the protocol shown in the link above.

4. He should get himself thoroughly familiar with the protocol by practicing the cycles over and over until he has mastered the correct procedure. Above all, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT overpump the vacuum pressure at any time. Use the release button at the first sign of pain or discomfort, find the cause of the pain before continuing on with the session.

Lastly, he is not alone in not being able to correctly use the VED as many guys have the same problems. I have no idea why the package did not come with instructions or a video showing how to use the device correctly. He should ask the uro for either the written instructions or the video for its use. All Osbon Erect Esteem Veds should come with both of these items.

Feel free to ask any and all questions about VED usage either in private messages to me or on the main forum in an open post. There are many guys using the VED and will be glad to offer suggestions and help at any time.

Welcome to the forum and happy pumping for your husband.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

BrooksBro

DannyOcean:

#1 - engorging effect but not a full on erection.  Wait for the penis to become fully flaccid before beginning the cycle?

I just drop the vacuum and let it relax for 5 seconds (or so) before beginning to pull the vacuum again.

#2 - sometimes feel a pull that is a bit uncomfortable

That is the sensation, especially at the beginning of the protocol.  Pump a little less.  Sometimes, pump until it is full, then wait a few seconds for the blood to flow, and then one more pump or 1/2 of a full pump.  You get used to the sensation.  It is more noticeable to me in the smaller two cylinders (A & B).

#3 - Do any of you feel an urge to masturbate after using the VED and if so, do you?  

I think this is a natural feeling.  Any man that says he doesn't get this feeling may be in denial.  Because of the times of day when I do my therapy sessions, I rarely masturbate afterwards.

#4 - Finally, what do y'all "do" when you are using the VED?

I do my morning session while reading my e-mail and the news, sitting in a chair in front of the computer.  In the evenings, it is usually sitting on the bed or in the bedroom floor watching the news, right before going to bed.  In both cases, I watch a clock and just do pump, hold, release for 15 minutes (or so).

mike67

DannyOcean
Re #4 - I also watch TV but also closely watch my penis in the tube while pumping. To not lose track of the cycles , I toss items into a small basket on the table after each cycle. There are 11 items so that ends my session.
You are doing it twice daily. I am doing it only once - in the evening. Does twice daily mean that you can/should expect to clear the PY twice as fast?
What would you say Old Man?
Mikey

Old Man

mike67:

No, two sessions per day does not mean that the Peyronies Disease symptoms will be remedied twice as fast. I strongly recommend only one therapy session per day and hold the maximum time limit to 30 minutes to prevent abrasion of the shaft skin or foreskin especially if not circumcised. If any edema or abrasion occurs during ANY therapy session, the therapy should be stopped entirely until the affected area(s) heals well before resuming the therapy.

If two therapy sessions per day are desired by anyone, I would recommend a time limit of no more than 20 minutes each and only if there is at least 6 or 8 hours between sessions. This too will prevent any edema or abrasions occurring.

Again, my usual caution: DO NOT OVERPUMP THE VACUUM PRESSURE AT ANY TIME DURING VED THERAPY SESSIONS BASED ON THE ABOVE CONDITIONS STATED.

Old Man

mike67

Thanks for the advice Old Man.
I am doing 11 cycles nightly, each cycle consisting of total of about 6-8 pumps ( 2 sets of 3 plus more to achieve a longer pull) , holding for about 20 seconds , resting for about 30 seconds in between cycles. The longest session I have had lasted only 18 minutes - that was tonight. Normally my sessions  last 10 - 12 minutes . I keep a log so can say precisely what my history has been every night.
Am I not holding long enough or leaving enough time between cycles? I have wondered why many posters talk about 30 minute sessions when I only spend  10-12 minutes as I mentioned.
I guess I need more coaching.  Thanks
Mikey

fubar

Mike:

Thank you for bringing this for discussion.  as you know I spoke and warned you of the efficiency of the fitzz vitality pump. Letting you know what I was experiencing, which is what you have posted.

I feel I know how this pump works.
It is amazing the longer the session less pumps are needed.The cycles do take less time that leads me to you question.

Why 30 minutes only, i do not know that is a good question. Why do body biulders work on a muscle then let it rest three days? I t is probably time proven techniques.

I haven't scene post of other 's describing the mechanics and the effects of the Fitzz.Maybe they have not posted in a while.

If I pumped for 30 minutes I could do over 20 cycles easy .I have in just 15 minutes.

I have been taking my time with this, slightest discomfort i release the pressure. Like I said less pumping required as I go.So somebody is going to have to give me a good reason to go thirty minutes.

I have only been doing this for two weeks not even close to 14 days straight.  Maybe 10 sessions within 8 days. So if we can do the work in ten minutes as the Fitzz allows is that okay? That is what you are asking I do not know.

I do not see any reason why not. You are using it correctly Mike, it works for me I am getting longer stretches with less pumps as I increase time. I do not go over the protocols time if I do two sessions I do not go over 20 minutes that's ten minute session x 2.

So like you I concur it only takes me on average 8 to winding down to 6 pumps during ten minute session even less if I go fifteen minutes. I will keep Better track as I start recording soon.

Goodnight all:fubar

Old Man

fubar and mike67:

OK, you guys have asked the question that comes up very often to me in private messages and occasionally in posts.

The main reason that the 30 minute time limit has come into being is that experience by me and others has shown that longer sessions do tend to promote edema and abrasions on their shaft skin and/or foreskin if uncircumcised. When these present themselves, the vacuum therapy should be stopped and let these heal before resuming the therapy.

Another reason is that after more than 30 minutes, the penis does tend to get more "tender" for want of a better word to explain the feeling one gets with that length of time. This also will cause micro trauma that may or may not have caused the Peyronies Disease symptoms to begin with, with that said, the time limit would serve any and all best to hold to that limit,etc.

Also, 30 minutes is the time limit that is suggested for those using retainer rings for holding up erection. This is more or less mandated by the time limit medical personnel use for applying a tourniquet on a bleeding wound when one is applied. They release the tourniquet after the 30 minute time so that fresh blood can flow into the portion of the wound that has been shut down so to speak. Thus, we use that time limit for holding the blood in an erection when using it for sexual activity, etc.

The number of cycles and the time for holding the pumped up can be adjusted from the recommended protocol to suit each individual.  The protocol has been set up based on the principle of not "overdoing" it with the number and time limit to prevent any further injury. Each user of VED therapy should use extreme caution in using it so that further damage does not occur.

The above carries my usual caveat that the comments and recommendations are simply made from my own personal experience and that of others I have worked with in VED therapy over the past 15 plus years. Hope that it provides help for those with questions about time limits.

Old Man

mike67

Old Man
Thanks for your advice on the length of the sessions and methods. As both I and Fubar mentioned , we are only doing a total of a 20 minute maximum session at each nightly sitting. That gives me 10 cycles at the rates I described in my post yesterday.
So I would say we are far removed from a potentially dangerously long 30 minute session. I am also keeping a log and I am glad to hear that you , Jim , are doing likewise. That way there is no forgetfullness as to where we have been with the various cylinders.
Mikey

Old Man

mike67:

If you so desire, you can shorten the holding time between pumping cycles in order to get in more with each therapy session. I held mine for about 5 or seconds and repeated more of the cycles during my 15 to 20 minute sessions. That way you provide more blood flow into and out of the corpora.

Old Man

luka-brasi

hi to all,

i received my soma erect today from a german retailer of the augusta VED's
it has one cylinder thats ok with me, i don't have much of a bend not more than i had before i felt my plaque.
i gave my measures to the employee and he decided to send the large cylinder to me.

first, i have a very good first impression of this ved after my first "work out".  easy to use and easy to clean. the largest comfort ring sits perfect around the base of my penis so no scrotum gets sucked in. i created an excel sheet to have better track of the training.
using it for the first time is really kind of magic! to see the penis and the glans expanding like in the very best days before this disease with just a few pumps. and that is where i think the problem starts. this VED really works and the pump is amazing.

it's pretty tight around the middle of my base where my penis is the thickest.
when i hold the pressure while doing the circles it really feels kind of squeezed there and the penis is pressed very
hard against the wall of the cylinder.

that shouldn't be right?

the manual says that there should be between 3-6 mm space between the penis and the walls of the cylinder?

i think i'll call the retailer guy tomorrow and ask him what to do?

thanks in advance!

other than that i'm very encouraged with this ved and i had no pain while using it nor after that.
now two ours after the first work out i feel a bit exhausted down there like if my penis were in a gym.
time will tell i'm very excited.

cheers!

luka

newguy

I think I'd wait for OldMan to respond before calling back. He has worked with many men with the VED specifically for the treatment of peyronie's disease. It might be worth being armed with his input before calling them back as the manual is possibly aimed mainly at men with erectile dysfunction rather than peyronie's disease. I have a 'boston pump', so I can't be sure of that though.  I would suggest that if peyronie's patients using a VED always had a "3-6 mm space between the penis and the walls of the cylinder" where would be little chance of their curvature changing. The theory behind the 3 cylinder system in that is that the length and width are worked by based on how the penis is held in the chamber (straight and confined in a small cylinder, fully expanded and girth enhancing - for hourglassing issues etc, in the large cylinder). For men with a single cylinder, I too am interested to know which cylinder would be most appropriate. Perhaps one where the penis can expand well in terms of length and girth but is held reasonably straight.  

Mike_O

I agree. I would say generally speaking, if the penis does not touch the sides of the cylinder then the VED therapy for Peyronie's disease is less effective for straightening curves.

luka-brasi

thanks for all of your input guys!

old man answered my pm and said that i need all three cylinders for the best results.
however i don't have much of a bent (i had this bent before this disease too) and thought if one goes with the
one cylinder therapy there should be enough room in the cylinder to expand fully in width wihle fully erect.

again, i don't have much of a bent and i'm doing the jackp one cylinder exercise.

i think i will order the bigger cylinder because that squeeze is not really feeling good while inside the tube
with a 100% erection. looks like it's gonna breaking the tube. lol i know that is not going to happen.

thanks guys.

despite this little start up problem i'm very happy curious what this can do.
after just the first session it feels like blood has flown through veins and places in my penis where it had not been before.
i must sound like a sales guy.  ;D

good luck!

luka

Overcomer

what can be done about corporal fibrosis in a man afflicted with Peyronies Disease? i developed corporal fibrosis after seeking treatment for Peyronies Disease. my penis has a slight angle now always and i experienced quite a bit of shrinkage after visiting two doctors for my peyronies and i am certain it was due to the injections i received for a few tests-examinations. it greatly angers me because it was only later they admitted injections of any kind to the penis can possibly make matters worse.

Mike_O

VED therapy has worked for me and many others - not a quick fix.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/board,38.0.html

newguy

I'd certainly say that, from your description the VED could be helpful. Many men have regained lost length through use of a VED. It can potentially lessen any future problems you might experience, and get to work on what has been lost. Like all peyronie's teratments, it's not a miracle cure and some men respond better than others, but it can certainly be a positive step forward, both mentally and physically.

newguy

I think Old Man is right to push a tried and tested approach. Where possible it's best to stick with what has worked for others. Of course, I'm sure some men have benefited from a one cylinder approach, and since you're now in possession of it, at least you can make a start. If your curve was there before, it might be that it doesn't respond exactly as peyronie's plaque would be VED useage. However, if you have general shrinking the VED is also known to help with that, (or if you fear that either shrinking of curvature will occur is can possibly help out physically and psychologically).  Good luck.

luka-brasi

yeah, i would be more than happy if it would help with the shrinking because i think that would be the first sign of improvement.
shrinking, bad erections ans some pain are my issues. now after two pump sessions i can't say much, it takes time as old man wrote often.
looks like i have an inprovement of in shrinkage already but it looks like it is only temporarely due to the recent use of the pump.

beside the above it appears to me me that i have some morning erections back during the last few weeks, still by far not what they used to be but at times very hard just not very long lasting but it's a start.
maybe because of my "GA" coctail? garlic and l-arginin that is. ;D

i'm going with jackp's one cylinder workout 15 min. and i hold for 20 seconds, did no harm yet. but this ved is a beast, you have to pump carefuly!!!
my first session when i got the ved was awesome i thought my penis will break that tube during my second session yesterday i felt exhausted down there and wasn't able to get such an erection again? guess i have to go slow with the pump and don't try to match or beat the pump i had the day before.

cheers!

luka

GS

I think the VED is kind of like life in general; there are good days and there are not so good days.

Be consistent and always be conservative; it's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm in the 2nd week of my 2nd go round with the VED and it won't surprise me to have a 3rd one for the "charm".

GS

Old Man

GS:

And, another benefit is that you can achieve excellent erections and hold them up for any desired sexual activity if one has ED problems. The VED will also keep your penis more healthy by getting the blood flow into and out of the corpora with a higher flow rate than natural erections.

Old Man

mike67

A question for Old Man & the experts. I posted as thought other members might benefit.

I am beginning wk 7 and just finished my first encounter with the large cylinder. Would you please tell me if what I experienced was following correct protocol and was beneficial.
I started by using only the large rubber ring for the first cycle but the base of my shaft swelled up so much - it looked too gross and out of balance with the upper part.
So I added the small ring. That felt and looked better. I am still not clear regarding getting an erection in the cylinders. My penis stretches but it doesn't look or feel at all like the stiff night time or sexually arousal erections. Nonetheless , it enlarges and fills the small and medium cylinders with girth. I see lots of blood vessels bulging as if they are going to pop open. Is that enough to say I am following Protocol correctly?
But it does not fill the large cylinder in diameter. Also - It bends only slightly . It does not attempt to bend like it does during the night time erections. Those clearly show I have Peyronies Disease for sure. There is only a slight bend in the large cylinder. I stretch it with pumps as much as I can before getting discomfort. It seems I am doing a beneficial session but you have said the penis must fill to the sides of the tube
to achieve the desired effect. Mine does not fill the cylinder in girth.
Thanks and appreciate whoever can respond onto this post.

Mike

Mikey

Old Man

mike76:

No, you are not correct in saying that in the large C cylinder your shaft MUST FILL OUT the entire diameter. Only a very few men who are above average in size can or will do that. This is not necessary anyway as the large cylinder is designed so that the shaft can expand all over instead of being confined as in the A and B cylinders.

Most men will definitely fill out the A small cylinder and possibly the B medium cylinder. So, don't worry about not filling out the large cylinder. Also, if you see blood vessels bulging out more than they do when you get a natural erection, you are using too much vacuum. Pump slowly and let the chambers fill up with the blood flow on a more moderate rate. Again, VED therapy is a case where less pressure is much better than more pressure. You simply must be moderate and very careful with vacuum pressure. Over pumping and holding the higher pressure too long can only lead to more trauma.

You say that you now see only a slight bend in the shaft when using the large cylinder - that indicates that you are receiving at least some benefit in straightening the shaft through the VED system. Just keep on with the daily schedule of the protocol and you should see more and better results as you progress through the weeks.

You are correct in using the small sizing insert when using the large C cylinder if you are seeing some edema (swelling) at the base of the shaft. However, if you maintain a firm pressure against your body with the cylinder of the VED when doing the exercises, you should see less swelling there. Some guys, including myself, do experience swelling in that area. It is not of too much concern if you do not see any swelling of the blood vessels in that area. However, and again, be careful with the pressue.

SPECIAL NOTE: SOMETIMES USING THE SMALL SIZING INSERT WITH THE LARGE CYLINDER WILL RESTRICT THE BLOOD FLOW INTO THE ERECTILE CHAMBERS AND THEY WILL NOT FILL OUT COMPLETELY AS WITH A NATURAL ERECTION.

Please keep the forum informed as to your progress as you proceed through the remaining weeks of the 26 week schedule.

Old Man

mike67

Old Man

Thanks for the timely comments. Being only 6 weeks plus into the program , it is good to get corrective advice at this early stage before continuing further.
You are , as always , extremely helpful. Printing this now and will make adjustments to my methods starting with tomorrow's session.
Mike
Mikey

luka-brasi

hi guys,

i had an awesome first pump session as i wrote about a week ago when o got my ved. now i'm very concerned that i have to stop the ved therapy and here is why.

i'm following jackp's one cylinder exercise.
it happend the third or fourth day in my therapy.
i lubed the cylinder and the base of the ring up and after sticking my penis in i started to pump it up as the days before.
i wasn't able to get an erection in the tube. my glans expandet maybe to about 80% and the rest of the penis stayed almost the same in size as limp it grew in maybe to 50% erect in girth. i tought damn what can this be? i startet to pump up the pressure more and more but my penis did not grew much more. i pumped harder even though the the vacuum pressure was so high that the cylinder hurt me at my base and than i felt tham suddenly i felt pain in my right hernia again. i was afraid that i injured my hernia again due to the high pressure (i had two surgeries on this right hernia already). well that was a few days ago and i really think i did break up once again, the pain is not leaving me at all.
however followed the therapy the day after and today, i don't want to miss one day of the 26 week exercise. i never pumped up so much pressure again. but my other problem beside of my hernia (i think it is the hernia), is that i can't get good erection in the cylinder anymore like a was able to during my first workout with just 4 or five pumps with the augusta VED. now i have to pump to such a pressure that my my hernia starts to hurt maybe about 8 or ten pumps but my penis although he feels like bursting due to the pressure can't gain any length at just gaining some girth (its a really weird loos and feeling). i can only get an 100% erection in the cylinder if i masturbate to at least 50%-70% erection and that quickly insert it and pump it up with about 4 pumps. but that's a mess with all the lube when i do it after every ciycle.

right now i'm very down because i put so much faith in this and it looks like it did nothing for me except breaking my hernia for the third time.
i'm afraid i have to stop the therapy because of the problems i described above.

i guess i have to live with this curse and accept it for now... i don't know what to do next.

has anyone similar problems?

all the best guys.

luka

Old Man

luka:

Sorry to hear that you must forego the VED therapy. However, you failed to heed the warnings (many of them) about over pumping the pressure. It was repeatedly stated that this could cause further damage to oneself and now you know the results of that venture.

At this point, I have no other suggestion for you but to lay off the VED therapy for a few weeks until you have healed from the injury caused by the high pressure. You should not have expected to reach a full erection with the VED until your penis had gotten used to the higher than natural pressure during a natural erection. Again, VED therapy is a case where less pressure is much better than more~~!

So, keep us up to date on what happens and maybe we can come up with something that will help you further.

Old Man

luka-brasi

hi old man and thank,

i did not overpump so that damaged my penis. i just think my hernia is injured again. the only way to get this fixed is surgery.
however i really don't have a clue why i can't get erecions in the VED anymore?

why did it worked so fine the first time? i really don't have a clue.
your answer did not help me much because i still don't know what i'm doing wrong. i have a good seal on the cylinder...

i thought a VED need no weeks of warm up time to get used to it? i thought i would do it even for men with ED problems. stick it in and pump it up, thats it.

c u

luka

Old Man

luka:

No, you cannot just stick the old dick into the mouth of the VED and expect to see huge erections right away. It takes several weeks of daily exercises to get the tissue stretched out again. What has happened to you might be that you did not realize you pumped too high.

If you injure the erectile tissue by over pumping the pressure, you must quit the exercises and let the tissue heal for several days or weeks so that you can start over with the procedure.

Pumping your penis should not in any way interfere with a hernia unless it is very close to the base of the penis. If this is the case, you should use the sizing inserts to preclude that portion of the base of the penis from being drawn up into the mouth of the cylinder. If you have not shaved off the hair around the base of your penis, that might be allowing the skin to slip more into the mouth also. So you make sure that is no occurring.

Old Man

YMENOW

"SPECIAL NOTE: SOMETIMES USING THE SMALL SIZING INSERT WITH THE LARGE CYLINDER WILL RESTRICT THE BLOOD FLOW INTO THE ERECTILE CHAMBERS AND THEY WILL NOT FILL OUT COMPLETELY AS WITH A NATURAL ERECTION."---  Old Man

I didn't know what that ring was until I read about it and tried it out with the C cylinder yesterday.  It was better since I didn't get the swelling or the bunching up of the tissue surrounding the shaft into the cylinder, but it seemed tight at the base as Old Man states above.  Also, I have a significant dent at the base of the shaft side which restricts the blood flow into the corpora, and it is very difficult to determine whether to continue with the sizing ring.  Everything seems to be engorged except the right side of the shaft, and I don't want to make it any worse than it is.

It is easier to see what is going on at the base without the sizing ring, but is there anyway to prevent the tissue being drawn up into the cylinder.  I shave the area well but does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this from happening?

ymn

Old Man

ymenow:

If you are receiving a better seal and the skin/tissue surrounding the base of your shaft if not being drawn up into the cylinder mouth, you might want to continue using it on a trial basis. Try pumping less pressure or use longer pauses between pumping cycles. Experiment with varying holding times between pump up cycles to see if that will allow more blood flow. Blood flow is the secret to the VED therapy. But on the other hand, you don't want to restrict it so that the positive effects will be over ruled.

VED therapy is not intended to cause further trauma, pain or discomfort, so try your best to avoid these at all costs. Each case of Peyronies Disease it totally different from another, so the individual has to develop what works best for him. Use different approaches to the pumping cycles, try using the small insert as well without it to see which works best for you. You can vary the protocol to suit your individual needs.

Let us know what happens if you decide to follow the above suggestions. Hope that you can find a way to continue the VED therapy without further difficulty.

Old Man

Mike_O

Luka: I do not know why the VED would work one day and not the next - but there must be a reason. In my own therapy I have noticed some days are different than others and, like you, I have been tempted to pump more - this is a mistake. As for hernia concerns I would consult a physician and get examined - read up on hernia on the internet so you are prepared with questions. Please keep us posted about your progress.

Regarding the sizing inserts and largest cylinder: this has been discussed before in the "long" 51 page thread locked at the top of this forum. So others have had similar issues. It seems some experimentation is needed to see what works best for each person. As always, Old Man has been very helpful over the years with wise advice.

I think it is right to say that men with Peyronies must be very careful to avoid injury because the healing process is not normal - we form scar when other guys may not. Unfortunately, this means we must proceed slowly, low pressure and not get too excited to make fast progress. Remember, we don't have a lot of alternative treatments that actually work so the VED is useful but only if it does not cause further injury.

luka-brasi

thanks mike and old man,

i wasn't aware that it's usual that you don't always get a picture perfect erection in the cylinder so i overpumped it and forced it to much.
well, i'm checking out my doc soon regarding the hernia really don'T want to have surgery for the third time down there...

i think i will continue the exercise with four or six pumps even if my penis is behaving like described in my recent posts without an 100% erection.
don't know if this is going to help much but it's better than nothing i guess and as long as i don't hurt my hernia more it's worth the try.

no offense to any of your guys! but maybe we should mention it somewhere in the exercise description that one shouldn'T force an erection as i did. i forgot that we have this hard tissue due to the plaque so our peckers don't behave like other ones in the VED (not always).

i wish you all strength. i need it more than ever these days...

luka

Old Man

luka:

Not make a big deal out of it, but I think that what we mean by overpumping should be enough notice to the wise about not getting full erections in VED therapy. Again, less is much better than more with vacuum in VED therapy.

I know that the language barrier and the translation of what one language means into another sometimes gets rather tedious and hard to explain.

Anyway, don't worry too much about getting an erection with VED therapy, save that for the times you want to go for a sexual encounter!! So, if you can get normal erections without vacuum therapy, you are way ahead of the game for most of us.

Seriously hope that you can find some way to continue the VED therapy as it would be very helpful overall for your penile heath.

Old Man

Angus

There are special notes in the protocol sticky posts above specifically stating that one should stop pumping before any pain or discomfort is experienced. We cannot keep making the instructions longer and list every scenario that one may encounter during VED use... the user must infer from these written instructions that CAUTION must be exercised and one must listen to your body... your body will tell you when you have pumped one or two too many times. Please read and re-read the notes in the sticky protocol posts. The user of the VED must be responsible and pay attention to what is going on as one pumps vacuum.

Copied from notes within the 3 cylinder protocol sticky post:
"Special Note: The time limit of repeating the cycles can be modified to suit the individuals own situation. Some may desire to use longer periods of time. An erection can be held for up to 45 or 60 seconds, HOWEVER, caution should be exercised not to prolong the cycles to the point of pain and discomfort. Use only enough negative pressure needed to produce an erection."

luka-brasi

again, no offense guys.

i my exercise is jackp's one cylinder therapy which says:
------
VED for exercise. Every day.
Start with a good seal and pump to about 80% erect. Hold for 15-20 seconds then release, (do not break seal). Do this for about 5 minutes.

Over the next 5 minutes pump up to a 100% erection using the pump hold and release for 15-20 second method. Do Not Break The Seal.

The next 5 minutes keep pumping to 100% erection using the pump, hold and release. Caution does not over pump to the point of pain. At this point if you have shrinkage you may see some gain. After a few weeks.
-------

so thought i have to get an 100% erection.
i'm not blaming you guys! true, i should have known that the pressure around the base is just to much.

i'm very grateful for your help and input don't get me wrong.

have a nice evening all,

luka

Mike_O

Luka B

I have been thinking about your hernia issue. In reading the history of VED therapy on this board I have not seen any mention of hernia before your post. This actually might be an issue for anyone.

See the Wiki article on inguinal hernia as background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernia

Just a theory (and perhaps totally wrong) but... if you have an existing hernia or weakness in the inguinal canal, your use of the VED with a large opening (single cylinder) could have applied suction to the hernia (possibly a loop of small bowel) instead of the penis - even though the penis was inside the cylinder. The hernia displaced the penis and therefore the penis did not expand but the hernia did expand. If this happened you may have noticed the hernia next to the base of your penis and even inside the cylinder. The same thing could happen if the scrotum is pulled into the cylinder.

Ideally, the base of the penis fills and seals the opening of the cylinder and prevents any other body parts from getting sucked in.

Over the years, Old Man and others have mentioned "milking" or pulling on the cylinder while under low suction to help position the penis within the cylinder. The use of sizing rings (not constriction bands) also helps to keep extra body parts out of the cylinder but not all VEDs have an assortment of sizing rings.

Anyone with a hernia should seek professional medical attention and examination. You still might be able to continue VED therapy but with some adjustments for your condition.

Let us know how you are doing - best wishes.

Mike_O

luka-brasi

mike,

you are great! thanks for your effort! none of your concerns happend as far as i can tell.
the large ring fits me pretty perfect around my base withous much place for other things to be sucked in.
however i know this pain i already had two hernia surgerys there, something seems wrong and it was just my fault.

i just pumped to much to force an erection in the cylinder instead of going slow.
today i went slow comapred to the last sessions and i had good if not better results.
it's ok not to have an 100% erection during the cycle. as long as i feel the pressure and the stretch in my scar tissue it should be good.

thanks for all your help. i don't want to scare other ved users. my hernia is an old problem for me and it seems like it appeared once again because of the rediculous high vacuum i have used once. my fault.

i'm happy so far with my ved and happy that i haven't bought a cheap sex toy model.

getting late here.

have a nice evening guys,

luka

Mel

I went to my Urologist Tuesday and got my Soma Therapy VED. He had downloaded the 26 week protocol from this sight and told me to follow it.
He also gave me some Verapamil. He seemed to have much more confidence in the VED than the Verapamil though. I plan on using the Verapmil. I don`t see how it could hurt.
I am sure glad I had already found this forum. My first go at using the VED on Tuesday night was a little discouraging, but I managed much better today. I`m especially glad that I read Old Man`s posts about taking it easy and not pushing too fast and hurting myself.
By the way, he mentioned some kind of medicine that is coming down the pipe in about year that is showing promise of helping Peyronies. I think it was originally intended for trigger finger.
Thanks for the support and help.

Melvin

fubar

Mel

What do you mean he gave you verapramil I hope it is a gel and not injection?Most of us tend to believe the in jections cause more harm. A gel probably harmless.

Fubar

PS. Just my observation of the members and reading .

Old Man

Mel:

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that you have joined the Peyronies Disease family though. Yes, you are right about being cautious with Peyronies Disease therapy using the VED. There is much information on the forum about how to use it and the whys and wherefores of problems you might encounter using it.

I strongly urge you to "practice" using the VED for several days before embarking on the 26 week protocol. Make sure that you thoroughly understand about pumping too much vacuum and what happens if you do. Also, suggest that you use plenty of lubrication on your penis as well as well up into the cylinders, especially when using the A small cylinder.

The term "practice makes perfect" applies to VED therapy, so do that and you will reap many good benefits from using the VED therapy. VED therapy is a case where less vacuum is much better than more vacuum. So, be patient and go slowly with your sessions until you have gotten used to the procedure. A word of caution again, if you feel any pain or discomfort when doing the cycles, stop and find what is causing the problem before resuming the session. Avoid over pumping the vacuum at all costs!

I am sure that questions about using the protocol will arise, so feel free to ask any and all as they come up. There is much information and help on this forum.

Old Man

Mike_O

Mel - Welcome to the club!

Lots of great info here - if you have time, I encourage you to read through the other discussions here on the forum. There is a very long discussion (51+ pages) that is at the top of the VED forum. That discussion thread goes back over 5 years! I think it is easier to read by going to the oldest post and reading in chronological order - going backwards confused me so I went back and started at Post #1 and it made more sense to me.

Peyronie's can be discouraging and depressing - this forum and the folks who post here have been VERY helpful to me. I hope you will feel the same.

Best Wishes,
Mike_O

luka-brasi

mike,

the big sizing ring fits me pretty fine without squeeting the penis to much or suck the scrotum in.

i checked my doc yesterday. my hernia is nocking on the door when i cough it appears in the size of a cherry.
my doc says the right hernia hasn't broke through yet and he can't send me to a surgery but it's definately not as it should be.
on the left side he says i'm ok but i have pain there too, especialy during the VED session.

my VED exercise is very uncomfortable now even with low pressure...

damn, this sucks. maybe i should just lift a refrigerator and make sure that it breaks through to get a surgery again.

so for all VED newbies with bad hernias. take extrem caution in pumping!!!

have a nice weekend,

luka

Mike_O

Luka B - Thanks for the update.

Despite my brief effort, I could not find any warnings of VED usage by people with hernias. It seems to me that this issue would be fairly common in  men with ED. It certainly make sense to me given the anatomy.

It is too bad we don't have a VED design that does not press on the base of pubic area and works just on the penile tissue - that would eliminate the risk of hernia.

Mike_O

mike67

Sorry about your hernia issues Luka-B
I am better than half way through wk 7 , large cylinder. I too have trouble keeping the fleshy base out of the cylinder. Old Man mentioned to me that it is best to try to use the large sizing ring to get more blood flowing. So I have been using the large ring even though tempted to add the small ring.
Also using his methodology of milking the penis as I pump , when this flesh starts to get into the tube. It works quite well. But getting a good seal is harder but eventually it does seal after holding the cylinder hard to my body while pumping.  

But it is a nuisance having to watch that each cycle. I am anxious to get back to the small and medium cylinders.
Mikey

Old Man

Hey guys:

I am truly sorry that there is no cut and dried procedure that we can develop that fits each and every case of ED or Peyronies Disease. What we are trying to do with the protocols is establish some sort of base line that each guy can develop his own procedure based on the what the protocol relates.

There are many and varied medical conditions that exist which require a modification of the protocols in order to have a successful pumping cycle of therapy. So, word to the wise, review your procedure carefully to determine what you can physically do to correct any problem that occurs.

Ask questions - I had professor one time that told our class - "The only stupid question is the one that you guys don't ask!!" So don't hesitate to ask them, but try to find your own individual solution before asking, etc.

We are all here to help in any way, so take it from there.

Old Man

YMENOW

Old Man

You're always on target and you come in and say all the right things.  Actually your contributions are really so helpful and at the same time admonishing to the point of getting me to think more of what I am doing with the VED.  Sometimes it is just hard to get it since we have preconceived notions of what we think is right. When I see my erection go to the "desired" mark on the C cylinder, I am amazed and want to see more of that!

BUT I have cut back on the pressure and now, I don't see the bulging veins. I understand I have to take it easy. As you mentioned, we have to consider our own limitations.

The other thing is that I have not used the sizing ring with the C cylinder as you have suggested and I find that I am feeling better after the session.  I just have to ensure a tight fit against the groin.  However, if I squeeze too tight against the pubes,  I feel that I may be cutting off some circulation since I don't know where those effin veins are.  At this point with my method; however, I am getting positive results.

I have cut back on hold time and have given more time between the holds as you recommended.  I feel good about it cause I don't want to cause myself any problems down the road.

YMN

brger

Hello All,

My name is Brian and my urologist recommended trying vacuum therapy and Augusta's Vitality OTC battery operated vacuum was one of the recommendations. He said many of his Peyronie's patients had success with these devices. I tried the Vitality OTC for the first time tonight. I went exactly by the directions that came with the product which in a lot of ways I thought were pretty vague. This is the first time I've ever tried this type of therapy.

Nonetheless, I got it together, used the appropriate lube, etc. I started the vacuum device and I'd say I got a weak erection and I started to experience discomfort as I pumped a few times. The discomfort lasted 10-15 seconds or so and fogged up so I released out the negative pressure. I have some general soreness. I'm going to take a few days off and do more research and interaction here because on this forum I read any discomfort is a sign to stop, which is a little different than what Augusta's manual says. Therefore, I stopped for now.

I read if you think you've overpumped and had soreness you should take a few days/week off? Even if I didn't hurt myself I still want to take some time off just for precautionary reasons so I don't screw it up. Old Man should I start as soon as I feel the minor discomfort go away? Or do you recommend longer? Its almost like an internal sunburn feel.

Anyway, I have been looking around but I'm looking for some pointers or maybe you can point me to another thread so the next time I try the device I have some guidance on what is overpumping and how to tell, etc. I need to make sure I'm giving this a fair shot and doing it properly.

Thanks all