News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

New to the forum

Previous topic - Next topic

dancingaileron

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy I found this forum because it's been so difficult to find information from other guys in our situation.

I'm 36 years old in California and was recently diagnosed by Dr. Lue with congenital penile curvature. It's not the most severe case, but he estimated from photos that I have a leftward curve of about 25 degrees and a downward bend of about 10-15 degrees. I've had this since I can remember and he did an ultrasound that found no plaque.

I'm currently researching what to do next and I'll post my story in the appropriate forum.
36 years old; USA; Congenital penile curvature (leftward 30 degrees, downward 20 degrees); diagnosed by Tom Lue; Surgery completed with Joel Gelman in July 2021

Stabler

Hello and welcome to the forum. There is alot of information to be found here. Visit all the boards and ask questions. Use the search box in the top right corner to look for specific topics, it can be helpful.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

TonySa

Welcome, do you find the curve problematic?  There are ways to adjust your position during intercourse to make it more comfortable for both you and your partner.  Surgery for congenital curves always result in loss of length and can have side effects (ED) and even have the curve return if the surgery fails.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

melting

Honestly doesn't sound like it warrants an operation IF you have no pain or other big issues. There's always a risk with an OP.
Maybe try some traction first.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

TonySa

Traction is not thought to help w cogenital curves...except mostly to those selling the devices.  Shouldn't hurt to try though if done properly.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

melting

QuoteTraction is not thought to help w cogenital curves
What is the thought behind it?

Of course traction can change a congenital curve. Every ligament/collagen type structure's shape can be changed over time stretching it. Could even do it the cheap but hard way with your hands. (though it's advised to max out on time before upping the intensity of the stretch which is hard to do with hands)

Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

TonySa

Melting, this is only your opinion...I believe you will not find anyone who reports  it helped or any medical research beyond the one I mentioned.  Sorry, wish it as true...