VERAPAMIL did nothing for me

Previous topic - Next topic

P47D

After 5 cycles of Xiaflex over several months, we decided to give Verapamil a try...injections that is.  I had a mid-shaft dorsal curve of 74 degrees with a slight lateral bend to the right.  While Xiaflex is administered laterally into the area of the plaque, Verapamil is injected vertically down into the plaque area and between the two cavernosum chambers.  Having had bad pain experiences with Xiaflex injections, I requested pre-numbing for the Verapamil and the injections were thus very tolerable.  However, despite the regimen of a single shot every 2 weeks with modeling in between, I had zero response to this treatment.  Of note is that despite my very pronounced curve, there was not a reasonably palpable plaque to be felt in the location of maximum bending.  There were two slight "hourglass" or "waisting" indentations on either side of the bend location (left side more proximate, right side more distal) and none of the Xiaflex or Verapamil treatments affected these in any way either.  It was worth a try though since the verapamil solution for injection is really cheap!  I received an Rx for it and found a local pharmacy that had it (one could not get it, another had to order it special at $40, and yet another had it in stock for $10)...guess which one I chose!?  I brought the meds to my doctor appointments and they prepared and injected it - simple / easy / cost effective.  Worth a try because it apparently does help some individuals.

Cheers,
P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

melting

QuoteOf note is that despite my very pronounced curve, there was not a reasonably palpable plaque to be felt in the location of maximum bending.

Goo mention!
No plaque would mean no calcification("bad" calcium accumulation) which would mean anti calcium channel blocker(verapamil) might not have the big impact as with others who have hard calcified plaques.

Did you have had any imagining done like a doppler? Or did the doc just shoot where the bend/intendation was?
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

P47D

Yes, we did some imaging after the Xiaflex treatments did not work.  There was a barely palpable "mass" in the dorsal mid-shaft area that seemed to be partially between the cavernosum chambers.  The Xiaflex shots were "laterally inserted" to try to hit this mass where is seemed to lay across the top of both cavernosum chambers and lie under the dorsal nerve/vein bundle.  When we switched to the Verapamil, those injections were done "vertically" directly down through the middle of the dorsal nerve/vein bundle and between the two cavernosum chambers where the mass seemed to be.  Alas, it was a soft mass with no indications of calcification and the Verapamil had no effect what so ever.

-P47D
Trauma induced 74 degree vertical dorsal curve in OCT 1916 - after 3 years, success with plication.

TonySa

You had quite a significant curve, did you start w a cogenital curve or was it all acquired?  Did the doc do ultrasound to identify the plaque?  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

melting

Quote from: P47D on November 16, 2019, 02:58:35 AM
Alas, it was a soft mass with no indications of calcification and the Verapamil had no effect what so ever.

-P47D

Sorry for late answer.
That's a very logical take from you on the situation.
The next step would be to use another medication/injection that is able to "melt"/dissolve/destroy the soft mass.

I did a lot with transdermals. And I observed that I can get hard plaques soft rather fast. Mostly with calcium antagonists.
Much harder it is to get the whole "fibroid" dissolved. Or a more hardened tissue softer(collagen which might have low elastin but strong fibres,similar to scar tissue).

What I observed is that a constant/daily/high-frequency application of transdermals IN COMBINATION with tissue modulation/stretching/ seemed to help there. That can take a lot of time though.

I also observed that stopping any treatment hardened the tissue again over time. I think the body uses calcification to shell these "bad spots"/inflamation/"fires".
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

pey ron

@melting: can you please list more in details what transdermal formulations you have been playing with?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

melting

(Pey Ron: Link in my signature gets into it and I will answer there surely.)

In essence I used most of the counter available supplements, that have small enough molecular weight for shuttling through the skin with an agent(DMSO).

These soft plaques do get smaller but it's a slow process. I guess injecting some right into them might speed that up(needs a doc though). In essence most structures like these plaques are of some chemical composition that can be broken down by another chemical(antagonist), VERAPAMIL vs. calcium for example.

I feel like making some basic threads to get down to what we have in us and how to break it down.