Hourglassing when half erect and when taking bowel movements.

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue25

Hi,
I never post here much but I've gotten a lot of really helpful and insightful tips from this site. So thank you. I have been to 2 urologists and been seen my a surgeon and 4 primary care providers who all tell me that I do not have peyronies.

I would believe them if I wasn't going through what I'm living with on a day to day basis. A little background. I was in a relationship for 3 years and was having mild difficulty getting hard but once I got comfortable it was quite easy, but here and there I would have issues still. After my erection would fade it would sort of go back down into hard flaccid and look very uneven, thin under the tip and wide at the base.

Since then, about w month ago my girlfriend broke up with me. Since then I have not been able to get an erection on my own but I get strong morning wood. I cannot get hard because I hourglass so much in half erect stage. I decided to try no fap to see if things could heal naturally. Since that's what all my doctors have been telling me to do anyway. Since no fap my morning wood has felt sore. I have tingling in my penis through the day. And no libido at all. Last time I tried masturbating I broke down in tears because of how difficult it was and my penis was getting small and tight instead of long and hard.

For the bowel movements, I was curious if anyone else gets hourglassing when pooping. It's usually fades away after but because my penis goes into hard flaccid after I see it and get anxious. I have been having this symptom for 6 months now and doctors keens telling me they only care about the "erect" penis. (If that's the case why examine me when I'm flaccid)

I'm terrified, I feel like my chance at a normal life is over. That I'll be alone forever. Everyone I go to for help tries to put me on antidepressants instead of dealing with the issue I'm actually depressed about. My health.

For now I am not hourglassed when I'm hard, but I do have a part of my penis on the left that feels raised. My urologist said I would be POSITIVE if I had plaque, he said it feels like a bottle cap under the skin.

Please feel free to ask questions, I've explained this so many times it's really becoming exhausting and it's hard to include everything. Or if I'm in the wrong place in the forum for this please let me know as well. Doctor told me to stay away from forums because it's people scaring eachother and making our anxiety worse.

PS: as mentioned before I have not masturbated or orgasmed in about a month. I have just started taking L-Arginine.

Thank you,
Blue25
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

melting

Sounds related to Pelvic floor tightness. The PF is interconnected and works during bowel movements and erections. In different ways but if one part of the PF is tight it can influence the others. tingling sounds like not enough blood reaches the penis or a nerve is affected(which can happen with tight PF).

This might not be the prime issue but try to get a relaxed and balanced pelvic floor, it can't hurt.

Doc is interested in erections cause peyronies will show especially there and less in the flaccid state.
Hourglassing in peyronies happens cause there's a hard plaque in the tunica that prevents the soft tissue to expand. That's why you probably don't have peyronies. It just doesn't make sense.

Let me be honest and direct with you:
You have most probably hard flaccid which is a condition many younger people these days have.
Doc's struggle with solutions to this condition and only notice your behavior(that's why they want to put you on antidepressants).
I noticed some similarities with people on the web posting about this condition. You might think you are depressed and stressed cause of the HF but it's vice versa.
You need to fully relax your whole body and Pelvic Floor. You need to be optimistic and relaxed mentally. Many ways to achieve that. You have morning wood, cause the body creates that without the usual nerve pathways that initiate(OR DISTURB) an erection.

edit: Sorry, maybe I was to direct and hard.
Obviously this wont be the end of your life. You can pick yourself up and find a solution. Many HF sufferers do solve their issue.
You won't solve this issue by being anxious though. The anxiousness helps keeping the issue going.
You can check out greg123 thread on pegym for example. ("Hard flaccid - New perspective")
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Blue25

Damn, this is also another think I have been told. I have no idea how to relax my pelvic floor, it tightens from anxiety and I've been trying reverse kegals but when my penis relaxes from that it takes a soft hourglass shape. Could the hourglass just be from the transition between hard flaccid and relaxed? If I'm sitting with my legs up I look plump and relaxed but when I stand up it takes hard flaccid again. Could the no fap be a cause of my soreness or tenderness in my morning erections? You think not jacking off could cause problems. I've never been this long without ejaculating. You think since my pelvic tightness is from anxiety i should go on anti anxiety meds? Also maybe important, I have really bad tightness and discomfort in my lower back/abdomen. Could a chiropractor help? So many questions sorry, one last thing.... an indentation in flaccid could be from bloodflow?

Also you weren't too hard on me at all. Thank you for being blunt and to the point!
To be honest I'm in tears, I've lost so much because of my fear of this the last 3 years. I know you're not a doctor but this is the best answer I've gotten in all these years. Thank you  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

melting

I don't know exactly what's going on with hard flaccid as I don't have it myself and I'm not a doc. I'm working off what I know about the Pelvic floor and logic deduction.
That's why I suggest you search out for other sufferers and people who alleviated the symptoms (like greg123 on pegym - google). Of course you will find also people who tell you all is lost and nothing can be done - obv. focus on the people who had good progressions ;)

That said, let me give you my thoughts(IMO):

QuoteI have really bad tightness and discomfort in my lower back/abdomen. Could a chiropractor help?
The penis structures are directly connected to the muscles in your PF and the PF muscles to the lower back, abs.. so you can see how the problem could be transferred down into the penis..
So yes, this is often heard/indicated for hard flaccid. Chiros can be helpful with this but the underlying problem, the body posture needs to be fixed too.(which certain practitioners can do) Also note that body posture is often due to a habit which can be created by our mindset(for example: depressed people slump their shoulders creating physicals problems which they can be depressed about - devils circle)
Which connects to:
QuoteYou think since my pelvic tightness is from anxiety i should go on anti anxiety meds?
It could break up the acute situation for you but obviously it doesn't fix the underlying problem.. it also bears the risk to be dependent of it using it to mask the problem. Anxiety meds mid and long term can create thus more problems.
Crying is good as it releases something that was hold up. But some expressive guided body and/or mental work could help you a lot more wholesome and shift towards a positive outlook. Therapists who offer Feldenkrais Method or Alexander Technique come to mind but there's a lot more and these people are often very understanding of problems which many doctors, surgeons are not.
You probably don't do any sports or body training, martial arts, yoga, music.. might be a good idea midterm. When you focus on something that takes up your mind and body it's hard to be anxious. Do something physically real, away from computers.

Could the no fap be a cause of my soreness or tenderness in my morning erections? You think not jacking off could cause problems. I've never been this long without ejaculating.
I personally think the whole no fap thing isn't beneficial if you don't know how to deal with the "energy"/chemical change. I could imagine it can create tension in itself. I would suggest to find a healthy balance.(maniacally masturbating is obviously neither good) Also take care to not be rough as your PF might react to it by tensing up.

QuoteI've been trying reverse kegals but when my penis relaxes from that it takes a soft hourglass shape. Could the hourglass just be from the transition between hard flaccid and relaxed? If I'm sitting with my legs up I look plump and relaxed but when I stand up it takes hard flaccid again
Yes, if your whole penis is hard flaccid and you relax partially it it might be possible not all parts relax. I personally dabbled in Reverse Kegels and there are levels to it. A full reverse kegel would relax your whole pelvic floor into all directions. I think many who do RK's do just relax one area of their PF. I wrote this exercise some days ago, you might try it:

QuoteImagine there's a deflated balloon in your Pelvic Floor and hips.

Breath in,- down and outwards into your Hips, Pubic Bone, Penis, Balls, Perineum, Pelvic Floor, Anus, Buttocks, Tailbone,- filling all spaces, expanding the balloon into all directions. Enjoy the maximum expansion and space created for a moment.  
Then let the air slowly go out through your back and spine until the balloon is completely deflated. Enjoy the density for a moment and repeat several times then go about your day.

If an area feels very tense focus the expansion around that area until the area joins and opens up.

edit: I just saw JS1991 post this https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,11488.msg115993.html#msg115993 which mimics some of what you describe..
and also link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Hard_Flaccid/comments/d9qrpc/a_start_to_a_hard_flaccid_free_life/
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)