Going to use a traction device

Previous topic - Next topic

erwinrommel

I am new to the forum.

About six months ago, I noticed a curve in my penis.  It slowly curved over the next 30 days until it reached about 50 degrees.  So, naturally, I Googled "curved penis" and found out about Peyronie's  disease.   I had no idea what it was  or what caused it.  When I read that it could be caused by trauma, I immediately knew what happened.   I have a couple of rescue dogs.  One day I came home from work and one (a boarder collie) met me at the door and jumped on me and his right paw made direct contact to my penis.  I hit the floor and curled up in a ball and thought I was going to vomit.  My penis was numb for only about fifteen minutes.  The pain slowly went away.  The next two mornings I had pain when I urinated.  My curve is so extreme it hurts to have sex.  I have no problem getting an erection.  I am 58.  I use to be a runner.  I am in pretty good shape but have put on a few pounds - 20.  My physicals are perfect every year. I plan to start exercising and do a couple of half marathons per year.  I am on no meds.  I was on cholesterol and blood pressure medicine but after running for three years, the doctor took me off.  I own an accounting practice and there is a lot of stress involved in this business.

I went to a urologist and he was very familiar with the disease.  He had me do an ultrasound and I was diagnosed.  He said the scarring had to be six months old in order to treat.  He was really pushing Xiaflex.  He said it would probably be covered by insurance.  I found out the shots were once a week for 9 weeks @ $7500.00 per shot!!  My insurance covered $20.00.  He said the company would supplement me but my income cancelled that out.  I told him I did not have 80k to drop and asked him what the odds of it correcting.  He said some patients had to do two rounds and it still did not work.  He then suggested I contact a surgeon that is 250 miles away.

I told him I did not want surgery.  I have read too many horror stories on the surgery.   When I asked him what he thought about traction, he said he had one patient that used a warm water traction device and it pretty much cured him?  He said it took about 11 months of discipline and consistency but he could not recommend that I do it because it was not approved by the AMA.

With that said, I have ordered the RestoreX traction device.   It just came in today and will be glad to post my results here.

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Glad to see your taking action. Xiaflex is not given weekly, so I'd check w another doc.  Read the survival guide, you may do well w traction, low dose nightly PDE5i and pentox.  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057
Please keep us posted.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

melting

Never heard of warm water traction device. Possibly a pump that works with water in it..
But warmth while doing traction is a good idea as it loosen up the tissue possibly making the traction more effective. Can be applied in several ways while using your device. (from rice pillow to electric heating pad)
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

TonySa

I believe it's called bathmate, but it's VED
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

melting

I own a Bathmate and it's rather imprecise for correcting curves as it comes only in 3-4 sizes.
Theoretically a normal cylinder pump with a gauge can be fitted to run with water. Or to create a warm enviroment a heating pad can be wrapped around it.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)