Had plication surgery 2 years ago. Now curve is coming back. Melbourne

Previous topic - Next topic

Normzfa3ts

Hi guys.
I had the plication surgery in Melbourne to correct about a 40°-45 ° congenital curvature in june 2017, 2 years on and in the last few months it has slowly come back, i'd say to around 30- 35°. It was plicated in 2 x spots up the side of me, i'd say it seems one area has let go or stretched somehow.
This is quite disheartening as i can barely stand the thought of going through surgery again, and certainly doesnt give me much confidence in having the same procedure re-done...
Im unsure how i feel about it all.
Seems a waste of alot of money.
And now i have thoughts of going through the grafting side of things/adding to the long side which i hear has more risks?
Or should i just leave it all alone and live with it...
I'd love to know if theres any grafting experts in australia, and would like to hear from anyone whos had it done.

TDix

I have had excision and grafting, 7 months ago.  Anything you want to know hit me up
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TonySa

Hopefully the 30'degrees is manageable, if not reconsider surgery but be sure to go the best and most recommended surgeon you can afford.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

If you have ANY degree of ED I would at least consider an implant especially if you are over 40 years old.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums