VED for congenital curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

NightandDay

I'm a little confused why some here say the VED won't help with congenital curvature, something I've had since puberty.  I have about a 30 degree curve down and the other symptoms of peyronies are not present in me.  I'm willing to put in the time and effort required to achieve results.  I'd rather not have a Nesbit done.  

Have there been studies for curvature patients using the VED?  Can someone explain why it will help correct peyronies and not congenital curvature?  Thanks.

elysianfields

I'd also like to add to the question. Has anyone with congenital/Peyronies Disease had any success with the VED in reducing pain/inflammation? I have had a 30 degree to the left curve for all of my adult life (Im 44) ... not looking to correct the curve (never been a problem for me :-) but the pain is constant when flacid and has been for the last 18months.. although much less than it was at its peak maybe a 2/10 vs 9/10 at the onset. Luckily my pain is much less noticeable when erect and I don't suffer from ED.

BTW I am taking all the recommended supplements and Pentox 3x/day for 6months.

Thanks all!

newguy

I think the view is that it's a bit easier to stretch scar tissue than healthy tissue using VED therapy. VED use in peyronie's has been backed up by years of anecdotal evidence and a recent study. I don't think the same is true of men with congenital curvature. Just my view, but I would think it more likely that prolonged traction could feasibly help somewhat with congenital curvature. However I don't know that this outcome is common. Men on other forums sometimes use jelqing to increase penis size, but 1) it's important to be careful with such techniques and 2) jelqing against the curve to remove a curve isn't something that I've seen pages and pages of success stories on. It may be that some progress can be made though.

I would think that those with moderate to significant congenitcal curves are potentially very good cases for surgery, as they would likely not have the same ED issues that some peyronie's patients have.

NightandDay

What if I used the VED with a traction device like Fastsize?  Also, isn't the VED almost like jelqing?  All the traction devices seem to advertise straightening of the curve.  I wonder if VED would be the better therapy compliment to a traction device versus jelqing.  

BrooksBro

I do not perform jelqing, but I have read about it.  To me, the differences between the VED protocol and jelqing are the time under tension and how the blood enters the erectile tissue.  With VED, vacuum is held 10-15 seconds (or a little longer), then released; then repeated about 10 times (or more), for 15-30 minutes per day.  From what I've read about jelqing, by constricting the penis, blood is forced into the end of the penis and held for only 3 seconds (or a little longer), then released, and repeated up to 100 times per day.  The vacuum of the VED "pulls" blood, versus "forcing" the blood.

Read the full VED protocol here:  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,697.0.html

Traction therapy is being used alone, as well as with VED therapy, with the results varying by individual and their condition.  I found the FastSize to be effective in restoring length and girth, but not much effect (so far) on straightening.  The comparison is to wearing braces on your teeth; it may take more than a year (my opinion) for significant remodeling to be observed.  For traction to be effective, you have to wear the device for at least 4 hours a day.

Read more in the traction section:  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/board,35.0.html

Quote from: NightandDay on July 03, 2010, 02:29:52 PM
What if I used the VED with a traction device like Fastsize?  Also, isn't the VED almost like jelqing?  All the traction devices seem to advertise straightening of the curve.  I wonder if VED would be the better therapy compliment to a traction device versus jelqing.  

Tim468

NightandDay,

No one reports success with the VED for congenitla curvature because no one has tried it IMHO.

On the penis enlargement sites, the focus is on bigger and so using a narrow cylinder is not usually the focus. Instead, a cylinder large enough to swell in is recommended. OK, fine, but the narrow cylinder is what puts a longitudinal stretch on the penis, and that is going to stretch out the short side harder than the long side.

I would get an "A" size cylinder and go for it. You can get a single cylinder for about $60-70 and a pump with gauge for about $25.

Tim

http://male.stockroom.com/Cylinder-Various-Sizes-P508.aspx [warning NSFW, and a gay themed site]

http://mountain-home-biological.amazonwebstore.com/Hand-Vacuum-Pump/M/B003B3WC3Q.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

NightandDay

Based on what I am reading, the main problem with VED and congenital curvature is typically the VED is not worn long enough to stretch the penis and induce new cell growth.  The traction devices all advertise correction of congenital curvature (not only peyronie's curvature).  It makes sense, considering you are stretching the penis for 4 to 6 hours a day on a traction device.  Honestly, I'm not sure I have enough time to devote to a traction device and even if I did, I'm still skeptical it would correct congenital curvature.  My understanding is a VED will not induce new cell growth and therefore, it may help a little with girth, but it's not worn long enough to induce growth.  

wayne999

With the separate cylinders that are available for purchase.. are they able to be fitted to say the VED device by fitzz?  I'm just wondering as the fitzz product comes with 1.5", 1.75" and 2.25"  so what if you wanted say a 2"?    Can anyone with the product comment if its possible to fit different sizes to it ?

Quote from: Tim468 on July 04, 2010, 01:30:03 PM
NightandDay,

No one reports success with the VED for congenitla curvature because no one has tried it IMHO.

On the penis enlargement sites, the focus is on bigger and so using a narrow cylinder is not usually the focus. Instead, a cylinder large enough to swell in is recommended. OK, fine, but the narrow cylinder is what puts a longitudinal stretch on the penis, and that is going to stretch out the short side harder than the long side.

I would get an "A" size cylinder and go for it. You can get a single cylinder for about $60-70 and a pump with gauge for about $25.

Tim

http://male.stockroom.com/Cylinder-Various-Sizes-P508.aspx [warning NSFW, and a gay themed site]

http://mountain-home-biological.amazonwebstore.com/Hand-Vacuum-Pump/M/B003B3WC3Q.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

BrooksBro

The Fitzz Medical Group does not "manufacture" the VEDs they sell; they are only a distributor.  The peyronie's recommended VED system they sell is manufactured by Augusta Medical Systems.  With the Augusta Vitality OTC VED, only the outer (2-1/4 inch diameter x 8 inch long) cylinder attaches directly to the vacuum pump.  The smaller cylinders are simply spacer sleeves that slip inside the outer vacuum cylinder; they do not attach to the vacuum pump and cannot be used alone.  

For the Fitzz distributed model - Vitality - Augusta (the manufacturer) sells a "large" cylinder - 2-1/2 inches diameter X 8 inches long.  The standard vacuum cylinder for this model is 2-1/4 x 8.

Augusta also makes an "extra large" cylinder - 2-1/2 inches in diameter X 12 inches long.  This appears to be an outer cylinder, which would attach directly to the vacuum pump.  I am unsure if it is specific to one of their model pumps, or if it could fit any of their pumps.

It does not appear to me that Augusta makes a 2 inch diameter cylinder for any of their model vacuum pumps.  Unlike the VED systems where the pump and cylinder are separate, connected only by a hose, with these systems, the minimum size of the cylinder appears to be dictated by the size of the vacuum pump, because that is where the cylinder attaches to it.  

My opinion is, if you absolutely want a 2 inch diameter cylinder, the only way to get it is to purchase the pump and a 2 inch diameter cylinder, where these two are separate, but connected with a hose.

Quote from: wayne999 on July 08, 2010, 03:32:06 AM
With the separate cylinders that are available for purchase.. are they able to be fitted to say the VED device by fitzz?  I'm just wondering as the fitzz product comes with 1.5", 1.75" and 2.25"  so what if you wanted say a 2"?    Can anyone with the product comment if its possible to fit different sizes to it ?

Old Man

Note to all:

My suggestion to those wanting sizes of cylinders different from those normally supplied by the Fitzz company or any other distributor of Augusta products that they contact the Augusta Medical Systems directly. Call Augusta's 800 number and ask for the marketing representative. This person can advise which cylinders by size fits their pumps.

It is my understanding that there are only two pump assemblies made and distributed by Augusta -- the manual and the battery powered one. There may be various colors, shapes, but only one size where the cylinders attach to the pump according to my latest information from Augusta.

Again, my suggestion for the above information about cylinder size is to contact Augusta directly. I am sure they will supply the necessary information.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

wayne999

So going from that comment, i should be able to slip anything less than the 2.25" cylinder inside that cylinder as that is how the other 2 diamters that come with the advertised product work?  So if i was to separately purchase a 2" diameter there should no problem of using that as a "spacer sleave" inside the 2.25" cylinder ?   Thanks.

Quote from: BrooksBro on July 08, 2010, 06:12:15 AM
The Fitzz Medical Group does not "manufacture" the VEDs they sell; they are only a distributor.  The peyronie's recommended VED system they sell is manufactured by Augusta Medical Systems.  With the Augusta Vitality OTC VED, only the outer (2-1/4 inch diameter x 8 inch long) cylinder attaches directly to the vacuum pump.  The smaller cylinders are simply spacer sleeves that slip inside the outer vacuum cylinder; they do not attach to the vacuum pump and cannot be used alone.  

Quote from: wayne999 on July 08, 2010, 03:32:06 AM

Old Man

Correction to my Note to All below:

What I was referring to about the different size of cylinders is the large or outer cylinder. The inner cylinders have to be mated by size to the large outer cylinder whatever its size . IOW, cylinders larger than the Augusta standard size are considered special, etc. and the inner cylinders are also special size and must fit into the special large cylinder as well.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Tim468

My post below refers to building your own system. You cannot buy a separate cylinder and somehow pair it wit the Fitzz setup - they are different.

My post and links was intended to provide an *alternative* to that pre-built system that comes in about 200 dollars cheaper when all three cylinders are bought. Also, you can make your A, B and C cylinder exactly the diameter that you need them to be by buying the cylinders separately.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

NotWorking

Quote from: NightandDay on July 04, 2010, 03:20:32 PM
Based on what I am reading, the main problem with VED and congenital curvature is typically the VED is not worn long enough to stretch the penis and induce new cell growth.  The traction devices all advertise correction of congenital curvature (not only peyronie's curvature).  It makes sense, considering you are stretching the penis for 4 to 6 hours a day on a traction device.  Honestly, I'm not sure I have enough time to devote to a traction device and even if I did, I'm still skeptical it would correct congenital curvature.  My understanding is a VED will not induce new cell growth and therefore, it may help a little with girth, but it's not worn long enough to induce growth.
Generally yes, but some of the traction devices are designed to be worn daily for long periods of time. Deformation to the right angle in such cases should be possible.
Straightening it out