RestoreX // Problem clamping the glans

Previous topic - Next topic

alec

Can someone help me please?!

How to clamp the glans so it stays in the clamp?
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

TonySa

Did you wrap it in the recommended gauze?  Do you know how to adjust the clamp for smaller or larger glans?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

alec

Thank you TonySa for your quick answer.

I wraped the glans and I also adjusted the clamp, but the glans is just to slippery. The Gauze also is very slippery with the plastic. I wonder... how does this work?  
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

TonySa

I'd email the doc who designed it, he was very quick to respond, make suggestions and help me get used to it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

alec

TonySa

Dr Trost.  Check your packaging for the product.

Turin099

I've had similar issues with restorex. The first one or two times I used only the tape and it wasn't too much fun removing. So I read about wrapping in gauze first and then tape. I used this method multiple times. Sometimes it worked all right. But many times I was frustrated by slippage. In addition I found that having the additional thickness and because it was slippery caused me to clamp harder to keep my guy in the proper position. This ended up causing me discomfort which  turned into multiple stop and starts. My new trick is to use the tape ONLY with the tacky side up. The side in contact with your skin still has a bit of tackiness so it grips. But it is bearable to remove. Only causing minor irritation. And since the tacky side is up the clamp holds well. The only caveat is you'll definitely want to shave the shaft of your wiener. Good luck. Hope mate it works for you.  

SBass

I put a layer of Kleenex on first, then vet wrap. I tried the tape [Coban LF] that came with Restorex, but it's one use only.  The vet wrap you can use multiple times.  One of the nurses gave me silk tape --Never Ever put that next to your skin -- the clamp melds the tape into your skin, Very painful to remove.  I have also called into Restorex, and got a very knowledgeable tech.  He recommended Pain Free wrap at Walgreens of J&J Hurt Free wrap.  I have not tried those yet.  The density of wrap makes a big difference in how well you can clamp.  The tech also recommended getting "2 clicks" when you clamp, so that the clamp is level and you are not applying uneven pressure.  
age 69, PDS started March 2019, still trying to figure this out. Glad to have found this site.

melting

You experiment adding other fabrics. Will be different for everyone and might take a lot of tries.
You will have to find a point where it stays without hurting/getting cold too fast.
You can try silicone toe shields for example. Talcum powder can help with slippery. I also used hairties around the strap adding until it's perfect.. but obviously be wise about cutting of circulation!
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Ahaua

I received my RestoreX about a week ago and the first time I tried applying it without the coban wrap resulted in the glans slipping off.  I am uncircumcised and have learned to, first, pull back the skin, exposing the glans, and then applying the 1" coban.  The tacky coban seems to work very well at preventing slippage and I've been able to use the device with only one click on the clamp. I grab the glans and pull and hold my penis with one hand, while applying the clamp with the other.  Once I'm done with the session, I have to be very careful at removing the coban, as it sticks to the glans.  I am thinking of trying to find a thin rubber material with self sticking adhesive on one side and attaching it to both sides of the clamp.  This may allow applying the clamp without the coban.  I'll report back if I find the right material to use.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Greydog

Quote from: Alexander88 on October 04, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
Can someone help me please?!

How to clamp the glans so it stays in the clamp?

FYI, this question is also being discussed here: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12681.0.html

Good luck!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

strat

Quote from: Ahaua on November 25, 2019, 02:46:42 PM
I am thinking of trying to find a thin rubber material with self sticking adhesive on one side and attaching it to both sides of the clamp.  This may allow applying the clamp without the coban.  I'll report back if I find the right material to use.

I think this is the way. Seems crazy that it wouldn't have a soft but grippy surface vs hard slick plastic. I'm having issues slipping out as well. I feel like this is the solution.
28 years old, symptoms started Nov 2019