Hematoma or fracture, immediate pain & swelling removing bandage early

Previous topic - Next topic

usmcsteve

Hey guys,

I'm freaking out as my penis has pain at injection site and is swelling; had my 4th shot this morning took the bandage off 2 hours after and immediately it felt like fluid started flowing out the injection hole. Pain stopped with pressure, so I re wrapped bandage and the skin around head has begun to fill with a little fluid squishing out around bandage. Can't tell if it's blood, so not sure if hematoma or fracture or normal. My first 3 shots, other than pain of injection, Had no symptoms; no pain after, no swelling, no bruising, nothing. Which I think is because I previously kept bandage on for 24 hours after.

I Called Dr Jesse Mills, he said it's common, and whether it was hematoma or if it were a fracture he prefers to treat non-surgically. Said keep bandage on and take ibuprofen as I was about to board a flight.

Dr was not worried but the thought of fluid coming out injection hole worries me. Reading through forums sounds like bruising and swelling and pain at site are very common.

How can you tell if hematoma or fracture? Anyone had shooting pain and immediate swelling like this when bandage came off?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

usmcsteve

Back story, I'm 37, Peyronies plaque started 7/2018 as a pea size next to my urethra about 1" from tip. About 12/2018, head started bending down like the helmet was flattening. About 45 degree downward bend. Two cycles of Xiaflex injections; 8/2, 8/9, 9/23 and 9/26.

And appears like fluid that swelling is likely blood as head is looking almost like a bruise.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TDix

47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

curved

usmcsteve---- this sounds like a hematoma but I want to be careful to not offer any type of diagnosis.  I had several hematomas throughout my Xiaflex experience and at least one of them came on almost immediately after unwrapping a coflex bandage.  It would seem the bandage held back the formulation of the hematoma and once lifted the swelling took place almost immediately.  Also, the other hematomas formed 2 - 6 hours after my injection so sounds like your timeframe is similar.  Finally, I believe (although do not know for sure) most penile fractures for those taking Xiaflex occur because one has sex with an erection before the two week wait period is over causing the penis to "break" while in a fragile state.  Feel free to PM me with additional questions.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE