Diagnosed with Peyronies and...

Previous topic - Next topic

Niet_Krom_T

Hi folks

I see quite a some people posting introductory posts... I and thought this was not common...

Clock is ticking, so I decided to introduce myself since I still have lots of doubts and questions, like anyone diagnosed with something that is going to mess up their junk.

40 years old and in general in quite good shape, except for some abdominal pain that resulted in lactose and fructose intolerance, which was totally strange since I've been drinking gallons and gallons of milk my whole life.

So there was me, having unexplained stomach aches when suddenly I started to feel pain while erect, really weird, around the urethra, but quickly the pain was coming from somewhere deeper under the glans. I thought it should be some kind of infection but didn't give it too much of attention. I went to the MD, they told me there was no infection. Wait a few days. I waited and the pain became worse and it wake me up in the middle of the night. Back to the MD, didn't find anything, so they sent me to the urologist.

I tried to search to see what could be the possible options, and then I learned about Peyronies. Never heard of it.

I asked my wife to go with me to my appointment. The urologist did a physical examination and in less than 10 min he told me that I got Peyronies and that they cannot help me with that, unless I get a surgery...He didn't emphasize surgery, he emphasized we can't help you with that... and he wants to check my prostate also. So I'll get an echo for that next week.

I thought this can't be. The photos of people with Peyronies show bent penises, and mine is not bent. Honestly speaking it has never been 100% straight. I really don't notice a big change, and it has been really difficult to establish a base line, since when I try to take a photo of the thing I don't get full erections when I'm thinking that my dick may get bent further and trying to focus to take a sharp picture at the same time. After discussing the subject with my wife I was able to get a full erection, so I said Honey, wait a second, I'm taking a pic of this thing, and yes, it seems that it's bending a little. Need to do a proper measurement soon though...

Until now my main issue is the pain during the erection. I manage to have sex using those condoms with benzocaine to mitigate the pain. But of course my main concern now is to prevent the thing to bend any further.

I imagine there are lots of info already in the forum. I'll do some search and forgive me if I come with the same old questions that have been asked a thousand times.

Not completely depressed just yet, certainly not optimistic, but trying to move on and not get beaten by my own thoughts or feelings.

Cheers!

NKT
40 y.o. Just diagnosed. Onset: ~ June 2019

TonySa

Sounds like you may have a normal cogenital curve.  However, possibly peyronies as well if it's worsened.  Start w the survival guide and come back w questions!  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Niet_Krom_T

Thanks Tony

What the urologist said was that my family doctor failed to detect a lump in the middle of my shaft. I don't feel it as a plaque, or at least what I think a plaque should be. It feel like a thin hard thing wit rounded edges, more or less like a thin bone drawn by a kid, that goes from top to bottom (dorsal to ventral) about in the middle of the shaft.

Also my penis hurts as soon as it gets erect, that wakes me up during the night "every" time the thing gets hard.

Dressa

I have congenital and now also peyronies. Plaque is not necessarily a hard lump. It can take all kind of forms. Hope you're getting good help. The pain indicates something's not right.  

TonySa

An ultrasound can diagnose the plaque. Has the urologist offered this?   Also, be sure to read the survival guide here.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

peyroniesurprise

I'd say using condoms or anything else to get yourself anesthetized is a really bad idea. The point of pain is to keep you from doing what you're doing imo... so just give your penis some rest.

Can you tell us more about your digestive problems?
31 yo, Hourglass Peyronies likely because of masturbation

Treatment: Vit E and fish oil (vitD+E), no more masturbation; good improvement so far, less hourglass both in flaccid and erect state, little to no pain during erection now

Niet_Krom_T

Quote from: peyroniesurprise on September 27, 2019, 03:24:44 PM

I'd say using condoms or anything else to get yourself anesthetized is a really bad idea. The point of pain is to keep you from doing what you're doing imo... so just give your penis some rest.

Can you tell us more about your digestive problems?

peyroniesurprise

in principle I'd say you're right. on the other hand my penis hurts just by having night/morning erections, which I can't prevent. That makes one wonder, should I prevent those? Probably not.

But that leads me to the next question? What do most guys in this forum do? Stop having sex (during the "most painful" phase/acute phase)? I usually don't masturbate (twice a year max), so that's not an issue for me, but sex was really a regular thing (not a daily thing since small kids don't give that many chances), and now it happens about once every two weeks, so I thought I was not very demanding to my penis.

peyroniesurprise

I used to have pain with erections too, now it's much better.

But i realized that whenever my pelvic floor spasmed (which was all the time) my pain intensified. This would be expected as the blood pressure in the penis gets higher BUT i also noticed my size was not connected to how much i flexed. Yes, it does get bigger in the moment i flex but it reverts to normal size soon after.

I'd go as far as saying that if i dont flex my erection is even bigger.

So this flexing doesnt seem to have any purpose

Dont you have pain when the penis is too erect and/or you flex?
31 yo, Hourglass Peyronies likely because of masturbation

Treatment: Vit E and fish oil (vitD+E), no more masturbation; good improvement so far, less hourglass both in flaccid and erect state, little to no pain during erection now