Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Congratulations to Old Man the longest active member on the forum
yesterday was his 14th anniversary of supporting the best forum on the internet.

READ THE TRIBUTE: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12336.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Efficacy of CoQ10 and other recommended supplements  (Read 121 times)

Nick777

• PDS Newbie
Efficacy of CoQ10 and other recommended supplements
« on: September 09, 2019, 10:40:54 AM »

Hey all,

I came across this article that made me a little worried about the efficacy of CoQ10 for peyronie's disease. Could it possibly make the condition worse?

These two quotes from the article in particular stood out to me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4276996/

In the present study, we hypothesized that rCoQ10 improves inflammation, collagen density and bone fill after tooth extraction. Such conditions may also stimulate tissue regeneration, which is assessed based on expression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) [10,11,12]. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of topical application of rCoQ10 on alveolar socket healing after tooth extraction in rats.

A previous study demonstrated that oral administration of CoQ10 induced synthesis of collagen on injured skin tissue, and had positive effects on cutaneous healing in mice [9].

Isn't the synthesis of collagen something we're trying to actively avoid?

I started experiencing symptoms about a month ago and while I want to do all I can to mitigate this, I've been incredibly paranoid about supplementation and many treatment plans, fearing it could possibly worsen the condition. Unfortunately, for many of the recommended supplements, I find many conflicting articles, leaving me wonder what the correct path to take is. Sometimes it feels like all I can do is exercise and eat incredibly healthy, which I do, but I also want to do all I can in the initial stages to help prevent the condition from worsening. And the correct moves to do so isn't entirely clear and consistent in many cases

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up