Efficacy of CoQ10 and other recommended supplements

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick777

Hey all,

I came across this article that made me a little worried about the efficacy of CoQ10 for peyronie's disease. Could it possibly make the condition worse?

These two quotes from the article in particular stood out to me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4276996/

QuoteIn the present study, we hypothesized that rCoQ10 improves inflammation, collagen density and bone fill after tooth extraction. Such conditions may also stimulate tissue regeneration, which is assessed based on expression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) [10,11,12]. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of topical application of rCoQ10 on alveolar socket healing after tooth extraction in rats.

QuoteA previous study demonstrated that oral administration of CoQ10 induced synthesis of collagen on injured skin tissue, and had positive effects on cutaneous healing in mice [9].

Isn't the synthesis of collagen something we're trying to actively avoid?

I started experiencing symptoms about a month ago and while I want to do all I can to mitigate this, I've been incredibly paranoid about supplementation and many treatment plans, fearing it could possibly worsen the condition. Unfortunately, for many of the recommended supplements, I find many conflicting articles, leaving me wonder what the correct path to take is. Sometimes it feels like all I can do is exercise and eat incredibly healthy, which I do, but I also want to do all I can in the initial stages to help prevent the condition from worsening. And the correct moves to do so isn't entirely clear and consistent in many cases

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

knowledge81

Exactly what I found out and wanted to ask. As usual a post goes ignored/unanswered. I guess nobody knows.
Diagnosed: July 2020
Shape: 45° up (plaque on sides & top)
Treatments: ESWT
Supplements: L-Citrulline, French Maritime Pine Bark Extract.

Unknownhide

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

palo15

CoQ10 has not been proven effective in treating Peyroines. No oral medication has. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. (Just about everything has been tried, but nothing is truly effective.)  
WARNING - This member has been identified as putting out large amounts of misinformation.

NeoV

Actually CoQ10 has an outstanding study on it and Peyronie's.

Supplements have plenty of rationale behind them. Someone in my discord just saw his dent get radically smaller by doing nothing but take Pentox and supplements. It's impossible to know if it was the pentox and supplements, but the science makes sense. And no, collagen synthesis is not what we are avoiding.

Palo is likely a banned member using a VPN.

Supplements should work at any "phase." Ideally the earlier the better.

AlterEgo

Quote from: NeoV on January 30, 2021, 08:28:03 PM
Actually CoQ10 has an outstanding study on it and Peyronie's.

Supplements have plenty of rationale behind them. Someone in my discord just saw his dent get radically smaller by doing nothing but take Pentox and supplements. It's impossible to know if it was the pentox and supplements, but the science makes sense. And no, collagen synthesis is not what we are avoiding.

Palo is likely a banned member using a VPN.

Supplements should work at any "phase." Ideally the earlier the better.

what is your discord channel?
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive