Perceptible Curve implant diary

Previous topic - Next topic

Perceptible Curve

9-8-2019. Night before surgery.
Tomorrow at 0600 I will report to the hospital for my penile implant. My urologist an MD will be placing it and I will have an AMS LGX or CX implanted. My doctor has done many of them and I believe he can do as well as the high volume doctors available. I will also be having an Orchiectomy or testicle removal because of pain and it has been atrophying for 20 + years now. We decided to remove it as it would be in close proximity to the pump and could cause more discomfort. I kinda see it as a good thing, I will now have plenty of room for the pump to reside in that spot. And yes I'm asking to take the testicle back and have a wet specimen jar with formaldehyde ready for its new home. Some may think it disturbing but seriously how often do you get to see something like that. And of course the fun you could have handing it to someone not expecting to hold your testicle.
So starting tomorrow I will be adding to this diary. Should I include pictures to the diary moving forward?  
Onset of Peyronies ~16 years ago.
~45 Degree bend upwards and a bit to the left.
Completed all cycles of Xiaflex as of April 2019. Slight improvement from Xiaflex and now had a Penile Prothesis implanted Sept 9th 2019.

Hawk

Pictures are allowed on this topic and appreciated.  You can stay awake with a spinal and video record the surgery if you like ;)

Best wishes brother!
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Perceptible Curve

I will be unconscious by use of general anesthetics. So no videos, although told hospital they could record video for their own video library but they said they don't need it.  
Completed all cycles of Xiaflex as of April 2019. Slight improvement from Xiaflex and now had a Penile Prothesis implanted Sept 9th 2019.

Perceptible Curve

9/9/19 1900. I've been back at my room since afternoon.  I am guessing the surgery went well, or so they say.  Pain level at about 7  or 7.5. Hurt to walk around too. Here are some pics of it.

Perceptible Curve

Pfract

And there you are on the other side! Takes a lot of courage to go through this no doubt..  

chasema

Thanks pfact. The main hurdle for me was the fact I'll never get a natural erection again and my glands might never engorged again. I was able to get  erection although it was not a good one .....never again will that happen. But should get harder and straighter now.

Perceptible Curve

9/10/19. 0530 ~ 24 hours later. Starting to bruise from having the modling done also scrotum turning black and blue. Been taking pain pills but don't seem too help a whole lot. Pain is about 5 to 6. Nurses at hospital have been great and very helpful.  Waiting for Doctor to remove bandages and piss tube and then probably send me home.  

Perceptible Curve

Got my keychain. It make the surgery worth while.

Junior

Hey Guy,

Your through the worse of it, be strong, I'm sure you've been through a lot worse. Hang in there wish you the best on your recovery!

Junior
ED - born 1952   /Peyronies Disease Onset 7/2018 at 65 / Prostatectomy 4/1/2019 / Low - T testosterone therapy June 2019 / June 2019 Peyronies Disease at 70 degrees - July 2019 started Xiaflex 1st cycle

Perceptible Curve

Thanks Junior. Tell the truth I was hit by a car at age 15 and this is worse than that.

Pfract

Woah! Here is a thing we following diaries don't see often. The implant deflate instructions and the model key. Hang in there curved... :)

Roddy

Good to hear from you now that you're through the other side, perceptible curve. Whatever the pain you've got, and whatever pain is on it's way, you must remember that it'll all be worth it in the end. The 3-4 weeks immediate recovery is manageable with the right pain medication. Take it. And take it regularly because it's only short term and you'll only be taking the meds for weeks and then it'll all be in the past. Stay ahead of the pain is the best piece of advice I can give you. It took me 2 weeks to do that properly and it would have been much easier if I had taken my mixture of proper painkillers - alternated every 2 hours as directed. Hang in there, brother. It'll all turn out great in the end - no doubt about it.

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Perceptible Curve

Thanks Roddyi will keep that all in mind. Here are a couple more pics as of tonight. Pain meds making me sick and staying another night at hospital because I can't empty my bladder . Having a testicle removed ads to the injury shown in the following pictures.  

Perceptible Curve

Perceptible Curve

Don't let the pictures scare any future recipients of getting a penile implant. It looks bad mainly because the testicle removal. And penile modling because of Peyronie's.  

Perceptible Curve

I just noticed this about the second picture up from here. It would look like I was wearing crotch less ladies panties. but I guarantee they arent.  

Perceptible Curve

The model I got is an LGX 18 cm with 2cm RTE's. 20 cm total.

Pfract

Don't worry perceptible, we know you aren't! It does look nasty right surgery I give you that. Did doctor do some hand modelling like Dr Kramer?  

Perceptible Curve

Yes pfract Doctor did do the modeling to offset the upward and left curve. I think he said some curve will still be present but not as bad and should be stiff enough to use.  

Pfract

Hopefully it will straighten itself out completely with the implant as well.  

Perceptible Curve

Ended up staying a couple nights at the hospital was having bladder emptying issues.They said it has something to do with the anesthesia. At this time I am peeing just fine and having some pain in the scrotum area, nothing too bad about 5 of 10 scale. I stopped taking the prescribed pain pills as they were making  me nauseous and throwing up. Swelling gone down to where I can feel all the pump parts and little hose. Still not sure where the release button is located, but have until the 17th doctors appointment to be shown where it is. I will write more later as I feel up to it and can sit more comfortably.  

Perceptible Curve

It has been just over a week now. Seen the Dr for first post op. He took a little pressure out of the cylinders, I am still at about half pumped up I think. I go back in about 3 weeks and the plan is to  start cycling, until then I have a decent chubby that looks ok and is still pointed down so doesn't feel odd or look unusual. I kinda like it  this way because Ive always been a grower, but can be a shower now.

Pain has pretty  much gone away, still have it occasionally but not bad and been taking ibuprofen when needed. As for the pain pills I stopped taking them after leaving hospital, they make me nauseous to the point of throwing up.  Also finally able to sleep on my side without having pillow between legs to keep them apart as when they are together it would put pressure on the area  around the implant causing pain. I will also mention that where penis goes into body is still numb which could be a good thing. That will do for now. More to follow soon.

Perceptible Curve

Just adding another note to last post. Forgot to mention swelling is almost gone too. Been able to feel all my parts and pieces of implant, It can be tempting to start pumping or deflating so will refrain until Dr says otherwise. I.m not exactly sure where button is though it doesn't seem to be real defined as well as I thought it would be anyhow. Was also perusing my Highmark Ins app. Wow.. Just wow. Not a cheap date. Maybe I can list it here if there is any interest and hope I'm not breaking any insurance rule by doing so. Not sure if I am missing anything else that would be of interest or informational. Leave it at that for now.

Stepone

Hey, thanks for posting.
Just saw all your posts, and you look like you are doing great!
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Perceptible Curve

Quote from: TonySa on September 19, 2019, 04:56:01 PM
What's highmark ins app!

Its a handy app for your android phone that lists your claims chronologically and tells you if it is still in processing, they pay they're part or if it is partially covered. If you have Highmark PPO it is worth having and very informative.  

Pfract

Hey perceptible! Seems you are on track with your recovery. Nice to see!  8)