glad i found this forum

Previous topic - Next topic

dakawibu

:)
Hi all here,
so glad I found this forum.  I feel I have been suffering alone for years!
I have an extremely bent penis, sexual intercourse is impossible, fortunately I have a very understanding and supportive wife.
I have discussed it with my doctor and he suggest a urologist but finances say NO!.  at least not at the moment.
I know i will be  a lurker more than a contributor but to all those posting on this horrid condition I thank you.

cheers
58 yo, peyronies for last 2 years, 90 degree up ward curve. no treatment yet.

Hawk

Welcome.  We too are glad you found us.  Please don't be shy about posting.

My first suggestion is to read this through once then read it with your awesome wife. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.0.html

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

JCH

Greetings!!! Don't suffer alone. It is hard to begin to deal with the emotional side of this problem. So difficult for us men to have a problem with our manhood. Hard on the pride. Proud to hear you have a great wife.  I hope you guys are able to have other forms of sexual satisfaction   Keep on brother. We are hear for you!
JCH - 49 years old dealing with Peyronies for the last year

Breadman66

Hey mate. Good luck with it all. A Urologist will more than likely suggest plication surgery - the 2 I've seen in Aus did. That's about 3-4 grand. They may also mention Xiaflex. But it's not covered by medical insurance at all so you'd be forking out 10 grand for 4 cycles. They tend to think it's not worth the price. Your other options are traction. You can get a device for a couple of hundred dollars but they take a lot of compliance to work at all. The other option is just living with it, which it sounds like you've successfully done for a few years. Anyway good luck 👍

TonySa

Actually, many insurance plans cover xiaflex-at least in US.  In Europe check for xiapex coverage.  Everyone needing insurance coverage in US, should look for one that does on the affordable health exchange if you qualify.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.