Second opinion gives some hope, but could issues have been avoided?

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

For those that have been following my miserable story, I had an appointment with Prof Ralph, Harley Street, London, to see if anything can be done to correct my failed incision and grafting surgery

There are some medical options, but Prof Ralph wants me to try some medication and more time for the tissue to heal before considering further operations.

He could redo the incision and graft, but would be concerned in case it caused further shortening.  For that reason a Nesbit procedure is not an option.

An implant would restore some length and correct the residual curve,  but again he would not necessarily rush into it if natural erections and intercourse is possible.

For now he has given me a prescription for sildenafil (to replace tadalafil daily) and vitaros to try and help boost erection and sensitivity

I have made an appointment to see him again in November

What is infuriating is that Prof Ralph says I should have been told to start manual remodelling and  daily tadalafil within a week of the op to stop the graft contracting.  He thinks this would have stopped, or greatly reduced, the Post op issues occurring.

I think Im gonna have to raise a complaint against the hospital and surgeon and potentially seek legal advice. 😡  

If anyone in the UK has experience of going down this road, I would welcome any advice
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

diehardpatriot

Try to not stress about this brother . there will be a solution whatever you decide . Much love and I hope the best for you  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.