Peyronies Disease is not the worst thing that ever happened to me

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

I will admit. Chronic pain in the acute phase was mentally treacherous. It lasted 2 years and I still have some occasional residual inflammation and pain.

I lost the woman I loved.
I had a mental breakdown.
My penis became disfigured.
I couldn't focus on anything.
I became a hypochondriac.  
I lost my job.

But in all that I found myself and I also found that woman REALLY don't care that much about your penis. In fact, as has been stated elsewhere on this forum. Sex is a burden to a lot of woman dating men. Every girl that I have told about Peyronies Disease and NOT being able to F~@< them. Has been extremely turned on and still wanted to meet me, make out with me and go home with me and yes even DATE me long term.

Yes, sex has not been the same. My focus is just making sure we all have fun. My focus is on taking care of her emotional needs. My focus is listening. My focus is making her orgasm first. A lot of girls don't even know how to feel when the full focus is their pleasure. Often, feelings of infatuation occur.

Gentleman, I implore you to use this time to work exclusively on yourselves.

A lot of men here, place their self worth in their penis. I get it, so did I.

But I changed myself. I reimagined my masculinity.
I focused on my business, my health, my body, my mentality and everything else began to fall into place.

Peyronies Disease didn't happen to me. It happened for me. If you can explain that to a woman. A good woman. She will see you for who you are.

Put in the work even on the days you want to stay in bed. Your penis does not define your masculinity if you do not let it.  

Wethenorth

This is the type of message that more people on the forum need to see. Thanks for putting the positivity out there.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Werther

I won't comment on the merits of your post. I'll just say that Peyronie's disease might not be necessarily a tragedy simply because there are various degrees of it, as it is for any disease/malady. This being said it's pretty obvious that it could be extremely devastating because of its severity (severe Erectile Dysfunction, curvatures, deformities, pain, etc.) or it could be nothing more than a little unperceptible annoyance (a very slight curve preceded from a few months of very mild pain for example). Besides, there are different contexts that surround the disease (you could be either old or young, married or not, rich or poor, mentally healthy or not, etc.). You can see by yourself that the mental toll that the different abovementioned factors would have on a man's mind is EXTREMELY different. That's why I PERSONALLY don't like at all these corny motivational messages (despite being made in good faith). What applies to you doesn't necessarily apply to others and this is not only due to personal attitudes but also and MAINLY because of different degrees of severity of the disease. I just wanted to submit these few clarifications which I personally felt to be necessary since I have been seeing this kind of posts several times without submitting my personal opion on them, ever.

Anyhow, all in all, I am happy for you and I wish you well, hoping you won't have to suffer anymore from this predicament. Don't take the above personally (also and especially because this isn't anything personal).

P.S. Why is this posted on the Erectile Dysfunction section of the forum? Where's the connection?

Hawk

Swiss, Great post!  I am sure that as it was devastating to you it could have remained so or even ended so.  Your post shows that as with all challenges it is the response to that challenge that decides your happiness in life far more than it is the challenge.  The world is full of examples of people far far worse off than I am yet they find the joy that at times evades me.  It truly is and always has been attitude.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

I think I will move this post to the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease board.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

this_day

Age 37