Traction almost 2 years later?

Previous topic - Next topic

diehardpatriot

Hey guys. I just bought some extra sluices and will start traction with PMP when they come in. Two questions here but some background

I injured my penis March 2018, no bruising just pain. Months later a plaque formed, and never ending pain. Through diet and abstinence was able to reduce pain greatly, but still has not completely gone away. This plaque does not cause me any deformity, it is simply a hard lump of scar tissue that causes me pain both flaccid but mostly erect  to this day, and is a fucken pain in the ass. I wish I can just scoop it out. I am worried about how traction can negatively effect pain but it's obvious I must do something about this scar tissue, it's not going to go away.

1)does anyone have a plaque that is a hard palpable lump, and had experience  stretching it out and reducing pain?

2) is it too late to try traction since it's been a year and 4 months? I'm looking for anyone with experience stretching a plaque that has been there a while.  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

mith76

Have you tried using heat? Hand warmers may help with the pain and can aid in blood circulation.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

diehardpatriot

I just started using heat and it has helped to certain degree. I will warm up both before and after traction
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

JohnnyDoe

I am at a similar stage, 1y + 6 months. I have plaque that seemed to have caused an indentation and a 10 degree curve.
When it was inflamed for me, any type of manipulation (heat, traction) caused pain.

Through diet, abstinence and avoiding heat the pain is almost gone completely.
Since the inflammation is gone, heat does not cause pain anymore. I tried doing manual traction, it does not hurt as much, but it feels "sore" afterwards.
But I am not sure if the traction is actually helping with the deformity. I am just thinking, is it worth doing it or am I just risking another injury?

I wonder if you can fix your pain issue with stretching. I remember when it was hurting and I tried stretching, it made the pain way worse.
When I feel any pain/soreness now, I use castor oil or nivea creme, it seems to soften things a bit (+ less friction) and makes it hurt less with movement and when getting erection > going flaccid again.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

diehardpatriot

Johnny doe, just curious, how long did you abstain? I've done all those man, I stillfortunate abstain and watch my diet. These all greatly reduce inflammation and pain, but as soon as I dare resume normal sex life, or have lots of erections or prolonged erections, the scar can't handle it an gets inflamed again (I'm guessing it's very prone to re injury). I need permanent results, not temporary. At this point, I'm thinking the scar MUST be stretched or manipulated or I will keep going through this cycle.i think Iran possible that stretching it out can help me with pain if the scar can get thinned out. Statistically, traction reduces inflammation. The worst that will happen is I realize traction ain't for me and move on to other treatments. It's clear though that what I've been doing simply isn't enough.  

diehardpatriot

One of the ideas that makes sense to me is what neo V says about stretching. He says even lengthening your flaccid penis alone greatly helps peyronies, more blood flow and the penis doesn't have to stretch as much from flaccid to erect. I am a big time grower, and I think this is a large factor of why my scar has healed so poorly. If my penis is flaccid most of the time, that means it is healing in the flaccid state, then the scar is forced to expand around 3x the size while im erect. TheIMO , the scar just needs to be used to being stretched. Similar to how physical therapist stretched someone's shoulder out when there's scar tissue even if it hurts at first  

Wethenorth

Diehard, that theory makes a ton of sense. I'm also a grower and maybe the healing process is halted if the scar isn't stretched out for a majority of the day. Maybe traction device would help with that in acute phase?

JohnnyDoe

Diehard, I have the same experience as you. But I thought you said your pain does not go away at all.

Forgot to add this, but my problem is also not fully resolved.
When I get inflammation nowadays and abstain for a few days, it goes back to being painless.
The pain used to stay for a much longer time period in the past months.

My Uro has told me that in my case I will not get any or maybe minor benefit from stretching and risk worsening it.
Have been told that it just takes time before it stabilizes. But also reading some of the positive stories here, it is hard to believe nothing can be done.

Your theory sounds logical, problem I have is: if healing happens so slowly, how do you know if you are doing the right thing?
You would have to stretch for months to see if it does anything. I am okay with that as long as I know I am doing the right thing.

diehardpatriot

We the north: I agree too that being a shower and having a scar that is never stretched is not good.

Johnnydoe: my pain only goes away if I abstain and have good diet. with me as well, my inflammation used to take a lot more abstaining to go away . About your uro, at this point I take doctor advice with a grain of salt. They do their best, but really don't know crap about this condition. They don't completely understand it and won't for a while. Ive had some of the best doctors in America give me horrible advice. I only got better when I trusted my intuition and some of the members on this forum . The messed up thing is there's is no right thing. You must follow your intuition and listen to your body. I've been scared of traction but it just makes sense to me that a scar needs to stretched or it's not going to be good. I think we overthink this because it's our penis, but peyronies is literally just scar tissue. It might come with chronic inflammation, at that point it's how do I reduce inflammation in my whole body. So reducing inflammation + making sure the scar is being treated (stretched, rested) I believe that's the key