3 months post incision and grafting...pending follow up with surgeon

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi all

It's been 3 months since my surgery, and things are still recovering.  I have a follow up with my surgeon in a couple days, and really don't know what to say to him, or what I should be asking for.

I had a 100 degree upward curve pre surgery.  I had an erect penis of around 7 inches prior to the disease.  

Post surgery, which involved circumcision, I had a residual curve of around 40 degrees.  This does not seem to have improved a great deal during the last 3 months.

I was also down to around 4.5 inches erect.  This has improved to around 5.5 inches, but still well down on my pre op length.

The shape of the shaft has change from circular to egg shaped.  My shaft seems to expand downwards, as the graft does not stretch.

I have pain around the graft, and also around the circumcision scar.

I also have an issue when I walk around my penis retracts into my body, particular once it gets past the graft, at which point only the head protrudes.  This is uncomfortable as my clothes presses or rubs against it, gradually making it numb from the constant pressure.

So, all in all it's not been a good experience for me.

So what do I say to the surgeon.  What can I expect from him.  What additional treatments are available to me?

I am already using a CED and taking daily tadalafil.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated  
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

TDix

I would bring up everything you just mentioned.  I have been emailing my doctor whenever I have questions, because to be honest there isn't much out there to gauge healing from this type of surgery.  I'd write those questions down, or just show him your post when you go in, because I always forget to ask all my questions when I go into the office
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Juice

MarkDS, quick question,  as we spoke before, we had surgery pretty much the same time, like you I've been on this evil roller coaster as well.  I had the surgery for a ventral curve (60 degrees) deformity (hourglassing) as well as a curve to the left at the top of the shaft (30 degrees) — so after the surgery I've been I. This ride where one week I'm healing perfectly then the next I'm a Frankenstein's dick creation again!  Well it's been since May 10th since surgery I got back a lot of length back (almost normal) the deformity is tolerable however the ventral curve never left.  I've read that 98% of all grafting surgeries are happy with straightening and deal with other issues mine seems to be the opposite.  I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 14th. I wonder if 1. He put a too small of a graft in 2. Didn't excise all the plaque 3. If so (which I don't think any surgeon would admit to that) would EWST would benefit post surgery?   I can't find any information on this anywhere!   My erections seemed to be about 75% and I believe it's because of blood flow.  I also started taking acetyl-L carnitine (I've read good things)  anyone can way in I would appreciate it..
John
55 yrs old. Diagnosed Peyronies Disease Dec 2017 battling with it a bit longer.  Failed xiaflex, Gainswave, PRP..   underwent Excision and grafting May 10th 2019 with Dr David Peters. StonyBrook NY..

MarkDS

Well, I managed penetrative intercourse twice whilst away for a romantic break with my wife.  I managed to ejaculate the first time, the second time, the following day, I needed to finish by hand.  I did manage a couple of positions, other than the missionary, which is a first for over 12 months.  

My general doctor has told me to ask the surgeon about the PShot(platelet rich plasma) as he says that some people have had good results. I would need to pay for this myself, so at around £1000 I would need to be sure they is a chance it will be a positive effect.  I'll see what the surgeon says.

Tbh, if I could resume normal activity, such as walking without constantly having to reach down and stretch my dick, or ride a bike without being in discomfort, I would be happy at this stage.

49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure