Swelling from Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

casper_mdp

I have an hourglass indentation that is primarily on the right side and has spread to the left. I have received verapamil which seemed to halt the progression until I had a second bout about a year later. Following this I ended up receiving xiaflex injections to deal with stability issues. The first round of 2 shots by Dr. Mulhall went alright. Significant pain during nighttime erections but besides from that the swelling was fairly minimal and saw some slight progress. I received the third shot and about an hour later I started getting shooting pains and severe swelling. Both the pain and swelling increased and I had to return to the office and from there had to go to the hospital due to severity of the pain and being unable to pee.

I was able to leave the hospital the following day with some reduction in swelling and being able to pee again. It's now been almost a week and I am still very swollen in the area around the shaft of my penis. It's a ball of swollen tissue that extends and protrudes from around the base. It's uncomfortable to stand for too long, I am woken up multiple times a night if I get any kind of erection, and just generally sore all the time.

Dr. Mulhall's office along with the hospital essentially just said this could take weeks to resolve. I'm unable to go to the gym, play sports, or sleep through a night and have been pretty miserable. Has anyone else gone through something similar? If so how long did this last for.  

TDix

You have a hematoma.  They are painful and usually last a few weeks.  The pain should slowly go away day by day
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Fernapal

Something similar happened to me, two weeks later I'm still sore, bruising and swelling subsided but still painful.  
59 years old, onset of Peyronies's two years ago, 20 degrees of curvature to the left, second round of Xiaflex.

casper_mdp

@TDix Were you aware of the burst doral vein/ fracture at tip while the hematoma was healing. Also was there permanent damage to the area from the severe swelling? I'm really hoping that after all this subsides things would go back to normal.