had 2nd shot of xiaflex and i've got some questions

Previous topic - Next topic

cardawg

#1- the xiaflex website says to stretch 30 seconds and 3 times a day and yet everyone on the forum says its not nearly enough. Since the website seems to be wrong about how much stretching is needed I'm wondering if they are wrong about using a VED as part of the modeling or stretching process.
Does anybody know why it's frowned upon?  
Has anybody had good results with VED while on xiaflex?
Has anybody had any complications from using VED while on xiaflex?

#2 - Is it ok to apply heat pads while on xiaflex?
#3 - Can I lift weights and workout like normal while on xiaflex?
#4 - Does anybody know of a extender (restorex) schedule that has worked well for them while on xiaflex?

Sorry about all the questions but why not ask.
first symptom (hour glassing) 2011
first big symptom & Diagnosis Oct 2015 (Big bend)
Attempted every home remedy- supps DMSO TRACTION VED
Xiaflex shots in 2019 (no improvement)
Implant AMS CX 700 ms in July 2021
18 cm implant with 3 1cm RTE's = 21 CM

bardkc

#1.  I agree, the recommended modeling in the xiaflex pamphlet is not enough.  After the first round of shots I saw no improvement.  Didn't try a VED so I can't answer to that.

2. I don't know, but don't think it would hurt.

3. I wondered about this too as the pamphlet says not to strain your abdominal muscles.  Round one, shot two, I asked if I could play golf soon.  The doc said if it isn't causing me any pain I could do pretty much anything.  I played that day with no issues.

4.  I used restorex with my second round of shots.  While I didn't follow any schedule, I did use it once per day on weekdays and twice per day on weekends.  I started the evening after getting the second shot and feel the 7-10 days following were the most effective.  Not getting much noticeable difference after that time but still follow the same pattern.  

Looking forward to round 3 due to the great results after round 2.  I can't recommend highly enough that anyone use restorex combined with xiaflex.  The results were excellent.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

cardawg

Wow so much help from the community. Its frickin overwhelming.  

RandyPE

Sorry amigo - I've not had any xiaflex injections so am not qualified to respond to your question.  I have been approved for them, but I've not made the firm decision to go through with it.

How have your results been so far?

As for getting answers, you may want to PM some of the forum members who have also posted about having xiaflex and ask them specifically.  Some times there are so many different threads the "right" people may not get to read your post and know to respond to your questions.

Just my dos centavos.

Good luck!!

Randy
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.

cardawg

Thanks man. I will do that. As far as any results are concerned, it hasnt been a week since i began so its too new to report anything.

I appreciate the response and wish you the best.