Heat, cold therapy??

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnin

So okey, cold exposure or heat therapy
Data says hot, okey but isn't healthy logic for cold shower or cold exposure. I mean tha is for inflammation?
Yesterday i have been using rice sock for heat, and my penis hurts, after cold shower not, wtf should i bee worried why heat doesnt help me, i mean on plaques  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

NeoV

I'm really sorry to hear that... How hot and long did you use it for? Combined with traction?

I think cold is good for new injuries or active damage for the most part, for just lowering the inflammation at first. After that heat is effective.

I have had worsening once in my life after heat but it was after a very long session that was way too hot. That said, it got better the next day and heat has only helped me since. I guess you'll have to experiment.

Ronnin

Hi neoV , i just man cant use traction, i have been using for a couple of times, and my penis felt sore and almost in pain, sometimes in big pain, soo i cant afford to try traction anymore, dont know how to do it properly for sure  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

JohnnyDoe

My experience is similar. At the time I had more pain, hot showers would make it worse. I believe colder showers and also less showers than usual helped to reduce the inflammation. Now hot showers do not cause pain anymore, I have not seen benefits as of yet though.
I have a similar experience with traction, seems to make it worse. But traction and VED are the only things I read about that work for many people. Maybe we are doing something wrong.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions