Water Only Fasting and Medications/Supplements

Previous topic - Next topic

AlterEgo

When doing a water only fast, should I discontinue my medications at the time (pentox, hytrin) and the numerous natural supplements I am taking.  I am doing the fast to help heal damaged/scarred tissue.  Thanks!  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

NeoV

Fasting lowers blood pressure, so you might want to be careful with hytrin, and it also lowers blood coagulation (which pentox does).

Fasting is very healthy but you do have to ease into it. Personally I fast 23 hours a day (I eat one meal a day most days), and this is enough to keep my insulin resistance away and keep all my other health issues in check. My single meal is keto or carnivore.

I somewhat worry about people going from a standard diet to suddenly fasting but I don't see it being a problem. It's much easier to become fat adapted first, or do some short fasts first.

Gabriel

+1 with Neo. The world of fasting is fascinating, generally awesome, sometime even miraculous on some pathologies, but you want to approach it in a very progressive and smooth fashion in order to reap all its rewards.

Start with standard intermittent fasting (like 18/6), then after a few week try some little 24-36H fasts, then go for 3-4, and then even longer when you feel like it (your body will know)!

And no, don't take any supplement or vitamin when you're fasting (for more than 36h I mean, which for me is where a "real" fast begins): you precisely want your body to upregulate its own anti-inflammatory/antioxydant/autophagic pathways, so if you give him substances that substitute its action, you may no get as many results :-).

Cheers and welcome to the super cool fasting universe,

G
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

AlterEgo

42 male

Christopher1

I stop all supplements and medication when I am fasting.

The exception is, of course, necessary medication. If you are diabetic, you need to continue taking your long-acting insulin if your glucometer states you are hyperglycemic.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

AlterEgo

The only issue is the pentox is supposedly a cumulative effect so stopping would mean it starts over?  Also I am on testosterone therapy that would mean I need to stop that too?  How long have you fasted for?  Did you get results?  
42 male

skipjackHR

This topic was updated a long time ago. I'm currently on 72-hour fast and I'm feeling great.
But in the end, can someone share their experience with heal of damaged/scarred tissue?
If someone has a positive experience I would like to know how often you took a prolonged fast?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Sonic

Quote from: skipjackHR on May 24, 2023, 03:39:13 AMThis topic was updated a long time ago. I'm currently on 72-hour fast and I'm feeling great.
But in the end, can someone share their experience with heal of damaged/scarred tissue?
If someone has a positive experience I would like to know how often you took a prolonged fast?

Hello bro. My record is 80 hours. I didn't notice any change to my curve or hourglassing, but I felt just like you said, absolutely great. I have thought about it many times to give it a try longer. Maybe 10-14 days. Perhaps that could help with more tissue healing. Honestly in the grand scheme of things I doubt it will do much but because I felt so damn good fasting I do not see the problem.

For some people it is very difficult with prolonged fasting due to dependancy on carbs for energy or just bad diet in general. For me it was relatively easy. Wish  I never broke it and would have kept going. Since my 80 hour fast I have done maybe 3-4 48 hour ones.

I think soon I will go on yet another water fast and try to see how long I can go maximum.

I have never felt so alive as when I am 3 days into a fast. Literally just the sight of a tree makes me feel so appreciative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tWrQudP_s

46:45 into that video. It is about a guy who's Peyronies was allegedly healed completely by a 21 days water fast.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.