Oxalates and peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendingoverbackwards

Hey there,

Wondering if there is any correlation between peyronies and oxalates? I'm wondering because I was on the carnivore diet for a while and felt great. Then all of a sudden felt off and my symptoms got worse. I looked it up and someone described it as oxalate dumping, and how sometimes I oxalates being dumped can make symptoms of joint pain and inflammation much worse, and that it's advised to eat a small amount of oxalates so your body doesn't dump all that's stored in your body all at once.

If anyone has any information on this let me know thanks!  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Paolo

Hi, okay found the following regarding oxalates;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24393738

and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1455427/

and

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/the-role-of-oxalates-in-autism-and-chronic-disorders/

If you have sufficient time see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APlwdX3urgU

Perhaps you need a good high quality vitamin E (mixed Toc) for a short period  to help kidney recovery:-\

Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Bendingoverbackwards

Thanks Paul! Interesting stuff for sure

I'm moreso looking for information on oxalate dumping and how it can effect Peyronie's or if oxalates play any role in making it worse. I want to drink green tea for its benefits but am concerned about the oxalates. Thanks!  

Paolo

If you are also considering blending greens or other vegetables then I would advise against that, vegetables eaten normally (cooked) are safer as the metabolic hit is less.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

diehardpatriot

This is a VERY interesting topic. I've also wondered about other anti-nutrients as well. If anyone has any input on this I'd appreciate it. I'll say I eat lots of veggies and am not sure if it makes anything worse. Chemicals in broccoli and celery as well as some other veggies are known to be very anti inflammatory, so this should be an interesting topic  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

Bendingoverbackwards

Hey patriot,

Yeah the only reason I asked is because I'm carnivore and one day I cheated and had a giant smoothie of spinach and water. Like four cups of spinach. For the next week my symptoms got insanely worse and I felt an actual lump for the first time felt like a pebble. Spinach is extremely high in oxalates. The next while I had some carbs but still keto and avoided vegetables for the most part and my symptoms got better, now the lump is soft again and no where near as noticeable.

I'd love to hear from someone else and their experiences or if there is really any evidence behind this.  

diehardpatriot

Bending: WOW, that's inctedible thanks for sharing. I am thinking of going carnivore  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

diehardpatriot

Just read thAt Oxlates Bind to calcium and can deposit AMYWHERE in the body. Nice.... bending I'd love to have a convo with you please PM Me

Gabriel

Hey guys,

Asking myself the same questions, following the hype about the carnivore diet and everything that gravitates around it.

I've been standard keto from january to june, felt wonderful but little to no improvement on my Peyronies Disease inflammation. Went strict and clean carnivore for 4 weeks in june, felt awful during one week (huge surge in inflammation everywhere, including penis), bad during another one, then progressively better (ketones were down and blood sugar up by the way, so yes gluconeogenesis does take place when you eat a huge amount of protein)... But I went back to eating veggies (broccolis/mushrooms/zucchini) in a standard keto diet and feel like they are doing more good than harm for me at least.
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

Guga

I think there is a clear connection for my case at least. At some point in my life I started drinking a lot of soy milk for traininig. it was more or less when hemorroids started, then prostatite, then many years later peyronies. If I eat oxalates (chocolate, peanut, soya) I notice some pain coming back. I remember reading about oxalates, fascia and connective tissue. It is clear to understand that if oxalates cristals are getting stuck in fascia, fascia will not perform one of its functions, elasticity.

I eat carnivore diet for the past 3 months. Results are clearly good. Before I was 7 months on strick keto. Then I would have sporadic pain, but no super improvements in shape and deformity. Carnivore is making the difference for me for sure. Good luck!

diehardpatriot

VERY INTERESTING GUGA. I think it's clear. F*** veggies 🤣🤣👌🏽. Jk , but maybe. On a serious note you are getting a dose of Poison in every veggie. I've stopped eating veggies almost completely and my inflammation has gone down