Dr gelman plication

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfriction

hello all... I was just wondering if anyone here had had Plication surgery with Dr Gelman. What were the results you obtained And were you happy with the outcome? Any residual pain once the healing process was done? Thank you in advance
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

SCH06

It seems that we have no feedback from a guy who did the surgery recently and who can prove it with pictures...
I had a Nesbit or Yachia plication modified for 70 degree downward curvature

Residual curvature of 40 degrees

Alex83

Guys reading Gelman's plication procedure in detail, it corresponds exactly to a Nesbit with resorbable dots in fact, what do you think?

https://www.centerforreconstructiveurology.org/peyronies-disease/surgery-plication/
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex

SCH06

Hello,

On the link Alex83 sent, what is the name of the plication Gelman is doing? Is it a Nesbit or Yachia?

SCH06

I got an answer from Gelman today

https://ibb.co/b2CBsM3

He told me he did 2000 surgeries, that's huge ! Unfortunately he only did 100 plications, but he is still a A high-volume surgeon on other surgeries

SCH06

Guys, is Gelman the best for revision of a failed first surgery?

john.doe.550

SCH06, it appears so. Dr. Gelman has a reputation for fixing incomplete, incorrect, and/or failed surgeries. I've had consultations with him and believe he will honestly say if he can or cannot help.
Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

SCH06

Ok Thank you !
I am very hesitant to go back to my previous surgeon.
I figure I'll lose as much lenght doing a nesbit/yachia with him as with Gelman, right?
It remains in both cases a plication, I will lose as much size, no? Or does the surgeon's expertise also influence the loss of length?

Alex83

I'm also interested but I don't know if many of the guys here have had any plication  
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex