Cystoscopy, Dupuytren's or just bad luck

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd1201

I had a cystoscopy in early June. There was some pain for a few days after the procedure, but nothing major and was mostly on urination. About 10 days ago, I noticed a bend almost right at the base of my penis. It is to the point now that with an erection there is about a 70 degree bend with an indentation about 3/4' from the base. I have had Dupuytren's for several years. I am aware of the correlation, but am thinking the cystocopy had something to do with it. I've got an appointment with my urologist, and have consulted with a nurse for a second urologist. While they don't want to diagnose over the phone, they are both suggesting xiaflex. With my current bend, I don't see how I could use a pump device. This has all happened so quickly.
68 years old, diagnosed 8/19, 70 degrees left curve at the base, started Restorex, discontinued after 11 months, 10 degree improvement

Stabler

Hello Johnd1201

I'm glad you found  our forum. There are a lot of members here that will be able to help guide you through this. I'm going to send u a PM with some helpful links in the forum. If you have any question please ask.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

MarkDS

I had the camera twice for blood in my urine.  The first time it seamed rushes and I had great pain as the camera was inserted, almost like it went in at the wrong angle.

From that point I had a pain in my penis, which took ages to go.  That seemed to be the site of where my plaque started.

Doctors never admit that the procedure can cause peyronie's, but I am sure it was the start for me.
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure