Stretching/traction in prep for implant...is this normal?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiefy

After my failed incision & grafting (no more erections), I'm told an implant is my only remaining option.  Doc said to try traction and/or VED to regain significant lost length.  So while stretching, as you can see in the pics attached, I'm significantly restricted by the tight, band-like thing that runs up the top of my penis.  It was not like this pre-surgery, and I can tell if not for that, it would easily stretch further.  What is this?  Is it normal?  My doc it out for a few days so I'm hesitant to do anymore traction/VED.
Peyronies for 2+ years.  Have ED for 8 months
Tried Xiaflex, 3 cycles, zero improvement
Had incision & grafting surgery, Feb 2019.  Fixed curve (I think) but resulted in substantial length & girth loss. 
Facing implant as remaining option

NeoV

That's the penile ligament, we all have it. It may be fibrotic, I'm not sure in your case.

That is partially why I tell guys to stretch downward toward the floor.
This is the penis version of the "dyuputren's stretch" in my opinion.

Hawk

If you type Penile Ligament or Penile Suspensory Ligament in Google and click on "Images" you get something like this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=penile+ligament&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS694US694&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiz9YOjp6_jAhWHX80KHTfgCYkQ_AUIECgB&biw=1745&bih=852#imgrc=NXi_dfX05a-bVM:
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 74 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

I just learned something today. I had never seen it that bad. My take on it is to stretch carefully and see if it hurts or not. If it doesn't, just go for it and take it a day at a time.  

Hawk

I too would stretch downward and hope that mad some significant difference over months.   Although I do not recommend such surgery, I would consider surgery to lengthen that ligament if the potential 3/4' to 1' meant that much to me.  That results in a downward pointing erection with a lot of vertical movement at the base.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 74 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Chiefy

Thanks guys!  Prior to my surgery it had never been this pronounced...I never really noticed it.  If I stretched my penis, I felt a pulling sensation around the entire base and the ligament wasn't noticeable.  Now, it gets so tight so fast, I don't feel like I'm getting much tissue stretch otherwise.  

Stretching towards the floor makes sense as well...guess the restoreX I bought isn't gonna work for me.  Maybe we need a for sale section on the forum lol.  

Had incision & grafting surgery, Feb 2019.  Fixed curve (I think) but resulted in substantial length & girth loss. 

Pfract

Hey chiefy! I don't see why restorex is not going to work for you? You can stretch downwards or in what direction you so please.

You could and should, schedule a video consultation with Dr eid and show him these pictures and see what he has to say as well.  

Chiefy

Quote from: pfract on July 12, 2019, 01:45:35 PM
Hey chiefy! I don't see why restorex is not going to work for you? You can stretch downwards or in what direction you so please.

You could and should, schedule a video consultation with Dr eid and show him these pictures and see what he has to say as well.

Thanks.  I just got the restoreX so I'm not too familiar yet, but I'd need to stretch straight down from the pubic bone.  The device looks like it starts the stretch straight out and then you can position a piece on the shaft to turn it whatever way you want to pull against the curve.  The ligament is making me too short now to even get in the thing :(  I contacted restoreX and they sent me some additional instructions.  I'll post those in a new thread for other's use.

I see my doc on Wed next week.  Depending on his take, I may contact Dr. Eid as suggested as he seems to be resident expert here.  

Pfract

oh i see! The device has a pretty good instrucions manual. Customer support is known to be very good, and i found that to be true to me as well. Heres a screenshot of what they said in the email i sent them asking about the required length: issues with stretching penis to fit in restorex device. Will this work? - Peyronies Society Forums