Welcome to Larry

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I invited Larry here.  He is a man with a ton of experience and a wealth of knowledge.  Some of you know him from when he was the moderator on another forum.  I hope everyone will welcome him with open arms.  I personally could not be happier to see him join our forum.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Larry

Thanks for the warm welcome Hawk.  Here is an introductory history post, complete with before and after photo;

When I was 3 years old I had an emergency circumcision, we thought everything went well.  When I was 18, I shacked up with my girlfriend, (now my wife).  I was having a lot of pain on the head of my dick and there were red spots there, sometimes the red spots would bleed.  I saw a urologist and he told me I had balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) aka Lichen sclerosis (LS).  He said I needed a circumcision.  I told him I had a circumcision and he said it was not done properly so I had another circumcision.  Can you imagine being a horny 18-year-old SLEEPING with his girlfriend??? Yeah, hard on = severe pain.  Anyway, I got through that.  

When I was 46 I was having the pain and bleeding again (I had been having it on and off all along but just thought it was the BXO (there is no cure).  By this time we had moved an hour away from the 2nd surgery so I got a referral to another urologist.  He was a young guy and was a real dick.  Basically, he said, you have BXO, there is no cure, just live with it.  Being a paramedic I knew there had to be something they could do about the pain and bleeding so, in 2013, I got a referral to another urologist - Dr. Woods.  This guy used to be the chief of urology at Scarborough Grace Hospital in Toronto.  When I saw him he said "you need a circumcision," I told him I had one and he said it wasn't done properly so I had my third.  When I woke up the urologist told my wife that he was sorry and he took as little amount as he could but I am still skin deficient.  Now I was diagnosed with type II diabetes.  Dr. Woods sent me to a urologist surgeon in Kingston because he was supposed to be young and up on all the new procedures.  I was excited because he said he was going to remove the shaft skin and put a graft in and cover ALL the penis.  He sent me for an ultrasound and found out I had 7 to 9 cm of penis inside me that needs to have skin.  He sent me to a plastic surgeon and they agreed on a plan.  I went to the OR and when I came out there was SO MUCH PAIN and swelling and bruising.  I got a hematoma the size of a softball. It wasn't going down so the plastic surgeon took me to the OR again and drained it.  Then I saw it... the urologist had poked my penis head through the bottom of my scrotum and planned to lift it up and make me a new penile shaft from scrotal skin.  I asked him if I really had enough because I thought everything I had down there was too small.  He said there was more than enough.  I asked the plastic surgeon about the hair and he said that he would deal with that after I had healed from the surgery.  After the surgery healed the plastic surgeon told me that he doesn't deal with hair removal... I was PISSED.. that F~@
I paid $1300 for laser hair removal and it only partially worked.  In 2016, neither me or Dr. Woods were happy with the results and my dick was the same size... where is the 7 to 9 cm??  He sent me to Dr Brock (urology) and Dr. Gan (plastics).  They said that there were several mistakes made. I gave consent for them to do whatever was necessary to fix me.  They talked about removing the shaft skin again or just adding a graft but they wouldn't know until they had me open on the OR table.  When I woke up they had what they called good news.  I didn't need a graft,  The last a$$hole just sewed my shaft to the halfway mark up my head so Dr. Gan (plastics) just unfastened it and Dr. Brock (urology) put in a penile implant... I had never heard of an implant and now I had one.  He explained it and I was so excited.  A month later I was still having pain, swelling, fever and hallucinating.  Dr. Brock said I was in septic shock (from infection) and I was dangerously close to death.  I went to the OR and he had to remove the implant and wash out all the infection.  For the next 6 months, I had nothing and no sex, just me servicing her.  Finally 6 months later I went back to the OR.  I have a fairly large supra-pubic fat pad.  After all the surgery in 2013, I was basically bedridden on meds that kept me stoned all day, every day.  I lost 40 pounds in a month and a half but it made little difference to the fat pad.  When Dr. Brock and Dr. Gan (London Health Sciences).  took me to the OR to fix the mess the 2 from Kingston created.  Dr. Brock gave me a penile implant and Dr Gan attempted to fix some of the mistakes made to the glans and removed "25" (I assume ml), he said that was a lot.  I waited the 3 months like he said but it made very little difference to the fat pad.  Doctors say to lose some weight but after the mess in Kingston, I lost 40lbs but that made very little difference.  Maybe I need more liposuction (a lot more) or maybe there is some kind of "tuck" that can be done.  This fat pad causes problems but mostly psychologically.  My penis is not very big to begin with and all this surgery was to fix the length.  Because they didn't remove or add to the shaft skin, I have not gained any length.  Yes, I can have sex with what I have, I just don't have much.  I had a video conference with Dr.'s Brock and Gan to address some of my concerns.  Dr. Gan doesn't do hair removal and because of how easily I get infection plus being a type 2 diabetic, Dr. Brock is not comfortable doing any non-essential surgery, so no bigger dick.  This entire mess is depressing.  Now I am shopping around to get a doctor to give me the appearance of a bigger dick by getting rid of the fat pad.  Sorry, this is a long story but, it deals with 48 years of BS. :(

Larry
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

Hawk

That is one hair raising story.  I am not sure at what period in this mess the first photo was taken but I can see why you are happy with your surgeon after that ordeal and fantastically improved outcome.

tomas1

Nice to see you, Larry.
I know you have much to offer since you've been through so much.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Larry

Quote from: tomas1 on July 10, 2019, 10:54:03 AM
Nice to see you, Larry.
I know you have much to offer since you've been through so much.

Thanks Thomas... It's nice to be to a forum where I am actually appreciated by the admin.  On the OTHER site, MOST of the members were great with me and very supportive but the admin was an ass.
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

Roddy

Welcome, Larry. That's some story. You've certainly been through some ordeal throughout your life. Amazing that nearly every guy out there takes his dick for granted and never thinks about it until something starts to go wrong. The first photo is unrecognisable compared to photo 2 - so that's some result. Much as you are now 52, and not by any means a teenager of sorts, some of the stories from guys many years senior to yourself should still fill you with hope that things can still come good for you. Keep the faith and good luck in your continuing journey.

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Chiefy

Peyronies for 2+ years.  Have ED for 8 months
Tried Xiaflex, 3 cycles, zero improvement
Had incision & grafting surgery, Feb 2019.  Fixed curve (I think) but resulted in substantial length & girth loss. 
Facing implant as remaining option

Larry

Quote from: Roddy on July 10, 2019, 03:40:28 PM
Welcome, Larry. That's some story. You've certainly been through some ordeal throughout your life. Amazing that nearly every guy out there takes his dick for granted and never thinks about it until something starts to go wrong. The first photo is unrecognisable compared to photo 2 - so that's some result. Much as you are now 52, and not by any means a teenager of sorts, some of the stories from guys many years senior to yourself should still fill you with hope that things can still come good for you. Keep the faith and good luck in your continuing journey.

Roddy

Thanks Roddy... my 2 surgeons are my 2 super-heroes.. Everyone asks me what possessed me to trust them... I have no idea, I certainly had no reason to trust them after what had been done to me before but it just felt right and the results are absolutely amazing.  Both surgeons I had (urology and plastics) are award winning international professors of their craft who have been published several times.  I owe these guys my mental health... and the best part is IT WAS FREE :)

Larry

Quote from: Chiefy on July 11, 2019, 11:31:48 AM
Welcome Larry!

Thanks Chiefy, I appreciate the warm welcome I am getting from this group. It's nice to feel wanted instead of the hired help (with no pay) :)

Stepone

Welcome Larry,
Gosh you do have a story. I am so sorry for everything you have had to endure. I cannot imagine!
Thanks for all your sharing and your courage to make it through.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Larry

Quote from: Stepone on July 13, 2019, 08:48:42 AM
Welcome Larry,
Gosh you do have a story. I am so sorry for everything you have had to endure. I cannot imagine!
Thanks for all your sharing and your courage to make it through.
StepOne

Thanks my friend, it's nice to be here... two great surgeons helped me to return to a great sexual time in my life... 18 years old... I use to have premature ejaculation really bad but not anymore...

Larry

2Oldfords

Larry, welcome to the website. If Hawk gives you high creds you must be a standup kind of guy.
Your peter has been to hell and back with you along for the ride! It is incredible how much men will endure to have a functioning penis with or without the ability to make children.
  I'm glad you joined this forum. I appreciate anyone who can help in any way.  Thanks
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

Larry

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's nice to be somewhere where I am appreciated for once. :D

Larry

Alibaba

the Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming!  Oh I certainly hopes so. We need the queen's healthcare and med pricing here!.  Sorry you had so many rounds with the horse shoe-er who also did circumcisions with the dull hoof nippers.  Cheers bud. So many people are lucky to have a good run, yet there are TOO MANY of us that get quackenstein kMart cutlery department employees for surgeons. EVERYONE:Quiz your doctor, ask many questions, ask for references. If you are not happy, fire his ass and send him back to being the hall monitor at the junior high, and find you another one. Eventually you will find a doctor that possesses a brain, knows how to operate it with out instructions, can communicate, formulate plans, rationalize his plan, do good work, and not leave you in worse shape the dog hit by a car that was his previous patient. I don't buy "won't know what till you are in the operating room."  Stretch it out til you see where you are going to mark to cut NOW and mark it as if it is for surgery. I'll see how well I am satisfied with that and get back to you for the finer details. My dick, i'm paying the bills, I have to live with it for 70 years bin you know.  Cheerio Chap. d
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Larry

the Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming!  Oh I certainly hopes so. We need the queen's healthcare and med pricing here!.  Sorry you had so many rounds with the horse shoe-er who also did circumcisions with the dull hoof nippers.  Cheers bud.

Thanks Ali, it's nice to see yet another familiar name here.  The Urology Surgeon was Stephen Steele (at Kingston General Hospital) and the Plastic Surgeon was Davidson... (Chief of Plastics at Kingston General Hospital).  Steele is actually on Boston Scientific's Physician Finder.. I reported to them what he did to me and just in case they think I am exaggerating, I told them to go ahead and contact Dr. Brock and Dr. Gan from London Health Science Hospital.  They are not fit to be veterinarians.

Larry

*larry: we use quotes a bit different from FT. Please just quote the part of the post that you want to respond to, and not the whole post.

Hawk

I conclude that doctors are some of the best things and some of the worst things we encounter in our journey through life.  It pays to know them, take an active role in your own health decisions, and pray for the best.

tomas1

I may be straying off topic a bit, but it seems all my GPs now have nurse practitioners seeing me now.

It wouldn't be a problem if they were good. My doc got a pushy, abrasive one (OK, it's a woman), I hope that didn't enter into my going to my former doctor. They said they have the same policy. We'll see how it goes with this one.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Stabler

thomas1,

That is pretty much protocol now, the NP should be discussing their visit they had with you with the actual doctor each time you see them and typically you will see the doctor every 3 visits or so and the NP in between. The NP should be very knowledgeable in the specialty they are practicing in, they are able to order testing do exams and order meds just as the doctor does however, if you are not comfortable in seeing the NP you can request to only see the doctor.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

tomas1

Stabler, I actually requested seeing the doctor next time, but after thinking about it, I decided to switch.
The doctor I'll go to is also my wife's doctor. It might make it easier logistically.

When I went to the VA, I always had a NP. I had no issues and just went there for meds.
I mentioned ED and they told me I'd have to go to VED school before getting pills.
That was years ago and I realize things have changed.

Due to some fortunate financial breaks, I don't like to burden the VA with my problems.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Stabler

Just remember you are not required to see a NP. If you prefer the Dr you can request that. it is your choice.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

tomas1

Thanks, that's good to know.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.