Martin Evans Research Project

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy

I was contacted yesterday at the peyronie's disease UK site by a british group performing a peyronie's disease research study. Details:

QuoteDear sir,

I found your website whilst looking for further information on Peyronie's disease as part of a research study we are conducting to better understand the experiences, problems and issues faced on a daily basis by diagnosed Peyronie's sufferers.

This research study will take the form of a 60-minute telephone interview with Peyronie's patients who are willing to discuss the problems and issues faced since a diagnosis was made.

Eligible participants who go on to complete the interview will be offered £80 as a thank you for helping on this research. I would also like to stress that all information provided by participants in this research is treated in the strictest confidence, including names of participating individuals in accordance with the Data Protection Act. The research will be conducted under the Code of Conduct of the Market Research Society.

I would be grateful if you would post this information to any Peyronie's patients who might be interested in helping out with this research. To help I have attached a flyer containing the full contact information for anyone interested in helping us with this research.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Martin Evans

Direct Line: +44 (0)203 1300 640
Switchboard: +44 (0)203 1300 630
Fax Number: +44 (0)208 7882 042

martin.evans@healthcarelandscape.com

100 - 104 Upper Richmond Road
London, SW15 2SP
United Kingdom

I hope this is the right section for this kind of thing. Thanks.

ComeBacKid

Newguy,

Yes excellent post, hopefully some of our members will see this and contact the doctor to get invovled in the study, is it open to non-UK residents, since many ouf our members are in the USA or other countries as well?  Perhaps you can email Martin Evans, and invite him to log into our forum, we like openess here, if he logs into the forum he will probably get a ton of people interested in taking the survey, we could make a section for him here to accomodate his reasearch project so everyone can follow the results and participate.  Can you email him?

Comebackid

GS

I just checked on it with Martin Evans; it is only for U.K. residents.

GS

ComeBacKid

GS,

Tell him to join here as a member, we'd love to hear from him and then he can interact with UK members and keep the general forum updated on whats going on!

Comebackid

newguy

I will forward this thread to him, to let him know that there is interest is his research. With any luck he will introduce himself and tell us more about the project!!

Martin

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Martin and, as a previous member stated, I am trying to locate UK-based Peyronie's sufferers, as the organisation I am working for has been asked to recruit (for a 60-minute telephone interview) 5 people with a relatively new diagnosis of Peyronie's. The research is not clinical but purely market research and is designed to better understand the experiences, problems and issues faced on a daily basis by diagnosed Peyronie's sufferers.

I still need willing participants for this research study - two who have already completed the interview both found it to be a very pleasant interview and ultimately a useful one in terms of being able to discuss frankly many of the issues being faced.

If you are interested in participating please send me a personal message and I will be happy to discuss further. We are limited to a handful of participants, so please respond as quickly as possible to be in with a chance of participating in this research study.

Also, importantly, this stage of the research is focusing on United Kingdom residents only.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With best regards,

Martin

ComeBacKid

Hello Martin, Welcome to the PDS! I'm the moderator for the awareness/advocacy/activism section of our forum, currently working on and coordinating our mass mailing project to urologists all across the world to make them aware of the PDS, extend an invite for doctors, and patients to join, and offer unbiased education.  My emphasis right now is on covering the United States (a lot of ground to cover).  We have some UK peyronies sufferers here, so I hope you find the PDS as a useful tool to recruit sufferers and research peyronies.  Please keep us informed on the results, as we like anyone interested in peyronies.  And if I might ask, are you a doctor?  Whats your position or title? Do you work for a health research company?  If you have any questions in regards to the PDS, don't hesitate to PM me for assistance of any kind.

Comebackid

Martin

Hi Comebackid,
Thanks for your message. I managed to successfully recruit the 5 respondents needed for this small research study which is great. I think given more time I would have received more messages from UK members of this forum, but with only 5 required for this study the need for additional recruits is no longer required.

That said, the company I have been working for on this study have a patient panel covering many therapy areas and is open to people from any country. Anyone registering their details would be potentially able to offer their views and opinions for future pertinent research studies. It is particularly valid in many research studies these days to truly understand the 'real' issues being faced when challenged by conditions and ailments affecting daily life. Anyone wishing to register can do so at thepatientsvoice.org

As for me, I am not a medical doctor, but purely a co-ordinator / manager of healthcare research studies, something I have been involved in for 16 years.
My involvement with this study has been to manage the recruitment of the 5 respondents, so my work is pretty much done for this one. However, should other Peyronie's studies come along, I will be posting again and hopefully I'll not limited to just the UK market!

I very much appreciate your welcoming me to the forum and I will most definitely be in touch if I have further questions about the PDS and for any other assistance.

Kepp up the good work!

Kind regards,

Martin