8 months? What is proper protocol?

Previous topic - Next topic

Inky

Hello,

Went to uro today. A few questions:

1. He said they do 1 shot per month. Is this usual? Because I have read differently on here.

2. He said "your plaque is probably calcified, most people that come in here it is calcified." I told him that I read if it is calcified then it is dangerous to get the procedure at all, because I read it pools around the calcification and damages corporal tissue. He said if that were true then they would be out of business. Who is correct?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Hmmm, is he recommending xiaflex?  If so, he is not using the recommended protocol,  perhaps he is recommending verapramil?  Did he use an ultrasound to diagnose?  It can differentiate between plaque which is, or is not, calcified.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Inky

Yes. I am getting ultrasound today. He was saying that if it is calcified or not, and we did xiaflex then it should be 1 shot per month.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TDix

I would ask how a urologist could be out of business not doing Xiaflex shots!  If that's all they did I could understand, but most general urologist's handle prostate and urinary conditions.  It sounds like this dr gets compensated for using Xiaflex, but that's just my opinion
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

tonyode

Inky... I have done extensive research on this. And also talked to my doc. The company recommends doing one shot, then the next a couple days later. That is considered 1 round of shots. But they have ZERO evidence or research that show why they recommend this kind of spacing. Almost like they just guessed.  My doc spaced my shots 1 week apart, per round. Then back in 4 weeks for another round.  There is a youtube vid of one urologist who says he does what your doc is doing, 1 shot per month. The link is below.  He has had almost the same results as what the company recommends. My one week spacing and hand modeling resulted in great improvement from 55 degree, to less than 10 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BLsd3QF9o  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

jfest

All, I'm currently getting these shots from Dr. Khera (actually his PA) at Baylor. First round was July 3rd and July 5th. The cycle difference is 6 weeks. As for first results, there has been some change. Based on my estimates, my curvature is 25 degrees. Originally, when I had a penile duplex I was measured at 45 degrees. Now, between that first measurement and my first round of shots I did do some pretty aggressive traction with restorex for about three months. So I am sure that helped reduce the curve somewhat.

One thing that does appear to be better since the xiaflex shots is that the "cork screw" effect appears to be going away. I was bending left, and down which made the ride side of my penis point somewhat upwards. Unfortunately no change in the hour glassing. Not sure how I will tackle that.  
49 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies in September 2018. Prior to Xiaflex and traction: 45 degree curvature. Today after Xiaflex: 31 degree curve. Continuing traction to regain lost length.