Waiting on my implant date...have questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiefy

Hello all.  I've been reading for days and have learned a great deal from you all.  I still have the following questions.

I had incision & grafting surgery 8 Mar, and have not had anything resembling an erection since (never a problem before).  My doc says that while rare, it can happen. On my last visit, we discussed implant surgery and that's where I'm headed.  Thanks to this site, I knew some of the questions I should ask.  I've since come up with a few others.  

While I can't get an erection, I've lost a considerable amount of length, based on just stretching it out.  I've read here that some advise stretching and vacuum use prior to surgery to get some of my length back while others think it's a waste of time?

Some guys say they have a problem with attracting attention, especially the first few months post surgery.  I'm a little concerned here as I have to go back to work. I wear dress slacks and a polo, tucked in.  Does it ever get soft enough to wear down without discomfort?  

How do you know when you're fully pumped?  I saw several mention pumping 35 times.  Others said they could hit the pump a few more times after a few minutes.  Assume at some point, additional pumping won't do any good?  

I know you need to pump it up twice daily, for 20 min or so through the recovery period.  Do we ever throttle back here?  Is there a point where we only need to pump it up for use (once or twice a week)?  

I plan to pay it forward as this site has helped me so much and will be doing a journal like many before me.  
Peyronies for 2+ years.  Have ED for 8 months
Tried Xiaflex, 3 cycles, zero improvement
Had incision & grafting surgery, Feb 2019.  Fixed curve (I think) but resulted in substantial length & girth loss. 
Facing implant as remaining option

Pfract

Hello Chiefy!

You mentioned the length concerns and trying to get it back, or at least maintaining it. No, it is not futile and there is evidence. Both from this boards members, and from doctors articles as well. I cannot recommend more, that you read some of the penile implantees diaries we have over here as they provide immensely valuable information on the procedure and recovery from guys that were in the same situation as you.

Curved's Impant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Tony's excision, grafting and implant diary. - Peyronies Society Forums
From 90 Degree bend to straight - Roddy's Implant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Live Now in Penile Implant Surgery - Hawk's Implant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Another Implant Journey- Pre-op to Post-op - Peyronies Society Forums

Also, please check the link on my signature as it cointains indexed a fair amount of information as well that is valuable to know.

I can gladly go into more detail but to keep it short for now:

• use the vacuum pump and do a daily regimen pre surgery for size regain
  • traction helps a lot too
  • use ciailis daily 5mg to help with your erections
  • don't rush into this procedure
  • research thoroughly before being implanted so you are confident in your doctor and decision

Regain lost length due to prostectamy or peyronies before implant - Peyronies Society Forums

Roddy

Hi Chiefy

Welcome to the forum. I agree with everything Pfract just said. If I can add anymore for you I'll try by addressing your concerns one at a time.

1) I had excision and grafting done in May 2018 due to a 90 degree bend and a 1cm lump of placque (which was removed). The resultant gap was patched with a graft which failed very quickly. My penis reduced in length considerably as a result. The decision to move to an implant was logical in my case due to increased curvature and an unusable penis. I researched a lot of traction and vacuum devices before settling on a model called Fallosan Forte. This is a traction device and vacuum all in one, which can be worn for most of the day concealed under clothes. There were many reports of good gains in length and it isn't sore to wear. My original surgeon advised me to try and regain some lost length in the run up to the implant surgery. I wore it from August to February (around 6 months) and I thought it worked well. Obviously the longer you wear this device the bigger the gains - apparently - and I don't think I wore it anywhere long enough due to needing to stop to have the implant. Even tho I was implanted on June 3rd, it was originally supposed to be April.

2) I am now exactly 4 weeks post op and I have started wearing jeans this week so that's a big step forward in terms of what clothing I can wear. Deflation, in fact full deflation, is the biggest challenge of the Coloplast Titan I have. The other guys report it all becomes easier in time and I'm sure it will, but for now I still struggle with full deflation. My dick is almost always a semi. I guess I'll just have to be careful about my choice of trousers now but it'll definitely get better.

3) I know I am fully pumped when the pump ball inside your scrotum becomes rock hard and cannot be pumped any more. Also, I feel the tips of the cylinders hard right inside my glans, which at my stage, still stings a little.

4) As I'm only 4 weeks in, I'm cycling twice a day for 30 mins each time. I don't know when I'll stop that but I'm sure I'll know it's time to stop cycling when it's the correct time. Essentially we'll not be cycling, we'll be pumping up to have sex for real and that'll take the place of the cycling.

Hope this helps. Any questions feel free to ask. Nothing has helped me more than this community.

What's your time plan? Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Chiefy

Quote from: pfract on July 01, 2019, 03:36:15 PM
Hello Chiefy!

You mentioned the length concerns and trying to get it back, or at least maintaining it. No, it is not futile and there is evidence. Both from this boards members, and from doctors articles as well. I cannot recommend more, that you read some of the penile implantees diaries we have over here as they provide immensely valuable information on the procedure and recovery from guys that were in the same situation as you.

Curved's Impant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Tony's excision, grafting and implant diary. - Peyronies Society Forums
From 90 Degree bend to straight - Roddy's Implant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Live Now in Penile Implant Surgery - Hawk's Implant Journal - Peyronies Society Forums
Another Implant Journey- Pre-op to Post-op - Peyronies Society Forums

Also, please check the link on my signature as it cointains indexed a fair amount of information as well that is valuable to know.

I can gladly go into more detail but to keep it short for now:

• use the vacuum pump and do a daily regimen pre surgery for size regain
  • traction helps a lot too
  • use ciailis daily 5mg to help with your erections
  • don't rush into this procedure
  • research thoroughly before being implanted so you are confident in your doctor and decision

Regain lost length due to prostectamy or peyronies before implant - Peyronies Society Forums

Thanks pfract.  I thought I'd read all of those but had missed p-diddy's.  I sure hope he comes back with an update.
Had incision & grafting surgery, Feb 2019.  Fixed curve (I think) but resulted in substantial length & girth loss. 

Chiefy

Quote from: Roddy on July 01, 2019, 06:06:29 PM
Hi Chiefy

Welcome to the forum. I agree with everything Pfract just said. If I can add anymore for you I'll try by addressing your concerns one at a time.

1) I had excision and grafting done in May 2018 due to a 90 degree bend and a 1cm lump of placque (which was removed). The resultant gap was patched with a graft which failed very quickly. My penis reduced in length considerably as a result. The decision to move to an implant was logical in my case due to increased curvature and an unusable penis. I researched a lot of traction and vacuum devices before settling on a model called Fallosan Forte. This is a traction device and vacuum all in one, which can be worn for most of the day concealed under clothes. There were many reports of good gains in length and it isn't sore to wear. My original surgeon advised me to try and regain some lost length in the run up to the implant surgery. I wore it from August to February (around 6 months) and I thought it worked well. Obviously the longer you wear this device the bigger the gains - apparently - and I don't think I wore it anywhere long enough due to needing to stop to have the implant. Even tho I was implanted on June 3rd, it was originally supposed to be April.

2) I am now exactly 4 weeks post op and I have started wearing jeans this week so that's a big step forward in terms of what clothing I can wear. Deflation, in fact full deflation, is the biggest challenge of the Coloplast Titan I have. The other guys report it all becomes easier in time and I'm sure it will, but for now I still struggle with full deflation. My dick is almost always a semi. I guess I'll just have to be careful about my choice of trousers now but it'll definitely get better.

3) I know I am fully pumped when the pump ball inside your scrotum becomes rock hard and cannot be pumped any more. Also, I feel the tips of the cylinders hard right inside my glans, which at my stage, still stings a little.

4) As I'm only 4 weeks in, I'm cycling twice a day for 30 mins each time. I don't know when I'll stop that but I'm sure I'll know it's time to stop cycling when it's the correct time. Essentially we'll not be cycling, we'll be pumping up to have sex for real and that'll take the place of the cycling.

Hope this helps. Any questions feel free to ask. Nothing has helped me more than this community.

What's your time plan? Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Roddy

Thanks Roddy.  Yep, this site is a huge help!  While my surgery didn't work, I understood the process going in and was much less nervous than I would have been otherwise.  That said, I didn't see anyone who's procedure failed as spectacularly as mine.  

You wore that thing for several hours a day for 6 months?  How much did you get back?  I guess I better reset my expectations, haha.

As for my timeline, I don't really know.  I'm waiting on the doc to call back and tell me if he thinks stretching and/or vacuum for a couple months (more?) will get some size back or if we should just get to it.   I'd not heard of the device you used though.  

Roddy

Yeah I did a lot of reading and searching on the internet when I found this Phallosan Forte. It works on the premis of gently stretching the tissue of the penis over time in the same way that South American natives of the Amazon or tribesmen of Africa would attach a weight to their penis and, over time, it would grow. Nothing as crazy as that but that's the general idea. Check it out on You Tube - there's loads of videos. I could wear it under suit trousers and wrap the belt around my waist as long as my suit jacket was on but wouldn't have felt comfortable without the jacket due to a bulge. I'm not sure it would be worth the money if you intend to be implanted within a year. I think it works best over a year - I only used it for 6 months but I liked it.
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Chiefy

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I'll go the restoreX route as wearing something at work isn't an option for me.  They also claim results in 90 days...we'll see.

SW01

Good luck to you when the day comes. I would agree that traction and ved both helped me. I started around July last year up to my titan implant on mar 7th. I found I got to a point and it just stopped.

It helped get me from 5.5 last summer to a stretch of 6.25. Ved was at best about 6.75. I spent about 4 hours every other day in traction and ved the other days. I also got my dr to prescribe pentox. I think it helped soften my plaque. And helped get some pliability back before surgery.

At 4 months I am s solid 6.25. Initially I was worried when a good bone press with a ruler was only 5.5. Happy now and will probably never get to my old 7, but I am happy.

Solid erection. Almost perfectly straight now and cannot feel any plaque. Which is wierd since it was very noticeable before the implant. I also had nothing else done but the implant. I did post some pictures in my journal. Pre with a 30 or so degree curve and post. Big difference.

Hopefully your surgery took care of plaque and stretching for a few months will help with your length.

Luck to you.

Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Chiefy

Thanks.  I had to adjust my expectations in that getting lost length back prior to my implant takes months.  I ordered a restoreX, as 30 - 60 min a day is much more doable.  When you used your VED, how did you do it?  I've read pump it up for 60 seconds, release for 60, and repeat 3 or 4 times.