Zero Carb diet making it worse?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendingoverbackwards

Hey all,

Posted a little while ago about being on a carnivore/zero carb diet as I heard it has benefits with peyronies. I think I'm still in the first stages of peyronies. When I started the diet two or so months ago I had a very slight bend. Now it seems to be getting even worse faster and I even have a hardened nodule that seemed to get larger after intermittent fasting. Is it possible this diet can make things worse? Could I be better off eating carbs like bread and fruit? Could it be lack of antioxidants?

I don't want the curve to worsen and am hopefully seeing a doctor again soon about it. Should I get traction and Pentox going in the acute phase or could that only make it worse?

Seems like a nightmare of no escaping. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

A low carb diet has anti inflammatory effects, but your condition is worsening do you need to add multiple treatment strategies.  First read the survival guide.  Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums
Consider adding pentox, low dose nightly PDE5i, and traction or VED.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

Eating bread will make your body need more anti-oxidants, not the opposite. There are plenty of papers on ketogenic diet / fasting and endogenous antioxidants and lowering inflammation.

The disease can worsen for no real reason, but we still should do everything we can. The acute phase is the most important time to do traction, take supplements or drugs, and take action. No one treatment is guaranteed to stop the disease from progressing, but over time combining them will help you.

Gabriel

Hey Bending,

A standard keto diet will surely help you lower inflammation and repair your tissues in the long term. As for carnivore diet, I tried for one month after 6 months of regular keto: it brought me some cool benefits (no more hidden cravings/carb creep, even less fat and more muscle...) but I had a huge surge in inflammation at first, and more generally I did felt better on a SKD with veggies so I went back to it. But I'm not saying you should: many people report improved benefits after 2-4 months of ZC; maybe I'll venture that far someday...
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

NeoV

One thing to note is that simply fasting and then eating a "normal diet" may cause damage to your body as well, since there is a sudden influx of modern carbs and the body isn't quite ready for it. Fasting is great, but go for a full lifestyle of low carb and do not "cheat" or have alcohol etc.