nesbit procedure on NHS

Previous topic - Next topic

RoeJogan12

Hi I am 23 years old with upward curve not sure probably between 35-50 degrees and I am on a 15 week waiting list to see a urologist and I am just wondering if NHS use permanent sutures for nesbit procedure I cant afford to go private so NHS is my only option thanks

Sandstraight

Hi, apologies if this is unhelpful because I don't have the answer but do you know the name of the clinic you will be visiting? I imagine you would have received a letter advising of the appointment date with the urologist with the name of their clinic written on it.

If so perhaps you could phone them to confirm?
29, congenital curvature with 90° bend to the right and torsion 45°, single for entire life to date, 10nr embarrassing sexual experiences, girls frustrated and never see me again. Saving up for STAGE surgery with Dr. Kuehhas (target-Autumn 2022).

RoeJogan12

Yeah I just received a letter the other day,  I still havn't even spoke to a urologist yet so I am not sure he will even offer a nesbit procedure he might not even know what I am talking about.  I have an appointment next month I'll just wait untill then and see how it goes.  I am pretty sure it will be permanent sutures if he does offer nesbit procedure since its NHS and that kind of scares me but its either that or a bent willy lol  

Pfract

This has all the recipes for a disaster. Why are you jumping straight ahead to surgery? have you done your research on the procedures, your condition, what you should expect and outcomes from said hospital you are going to?

RoeJogan12

Not rushing into anything  I havn't even seen a urologist yet maybe he will say my curve is not severe enough to need surgery. I have only had an appointment with my GP and  he seemed to know a bit about peyronie's and congenital curvature which surprised me because  I thought they would just brush it off and say I was just young and worried. He referred me to a local urologist 2 months ago for tight foreskin/short frenulum/upward curve and I just got the date of my appointment in the mail which is next month so hopefully it goes well thanks for the replies.

Stepone

This is my thought on Nesbit surgery.
Unless you are like 12" and are looking for a reduction in length so you don't hurt the wife, don't do it.
I was almost 8", but a good 7.8". I broke my penis during sex and it developed a big bend and hinge.
It became impossible to have sex, well almost.
I had a Nesbit surgery and lost almost 1.5 inches and almost an inch in girth.
My ED got worse and had an implant and now I am hearing that I could have had an implant instead of the Nesbit and it would have corrected all my problems and I would not have lost length and girth.
I am about 90 days into my implant and have recovered my girth, but no way can i recover my length.
I would get a Nesbit only as a last resort. Nesbit surgery will definitely shrink your penis.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

RoeJogan12

I have heard good and bad about all surgery types for peyronie's  and congenital curvature I think it matters most who your surgeon is and how many times he has done these types of surgery and how many complications. I am already on the last resort it is too damaging mentally so the only  option for me is surgery I just need  to convince my urologist  that it is severe enough.
I am 6.3x4.7 nbp and I am worried of course about length and girth loss but a small  functional  willy is better  than an average  banana shaped one.  And on the NHS website it says 1-2cm length loss so  I am hoping that means 2 cm  Max  I would be fine with that.

Roddy

Hi Roejogan12.

Stepone is correct. Do not jump straight into this surgery. Speak to your urologist first and ask about alternatives if possible. I too have lost up to 1.5 inches through surgery.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

RoeJogan12

Hi Roddy

I've been reading through your journal since the start  because I live not far from Glasgow and I am happy to hear you are doing well, I actually contacted Mr Fraser to see if I could see him on the NHS but unfortunately he can only directly see people on the NHS who are in the Glasgow area,  however he said my GP could write to him directly. I have an appointment on the 13th of August with a local urologist if I feel like this urologist is not that qualified on peyronie's/congneital curvature then I will go back to my GP and try and get referred to Mr Fraser it's just that the waiting times are so long between referrals. Thanks for your reply  

Roddy

That's a shame to hear that but like you said it's not the end of the matter. Please keep us up to date with how you get on when you meet your local urologist on August 13th. The issue as always is that one's best chance of a positive outcome is to visit the most qualified and experienced surgeon possible - high volume, high success. I was going to say to try and find out as much as you can about your urologist but that would be a waste of time till you actually meet with him/her and know the course of action they are recommending. After that you can take other opinions etc. By the way, when sitting here contemplating how you could get access to Mr Fraser, or any surgeon, on the NHS, you could one day move to Glasgow, rent a place, change your GP to the local practice and hey presto you'd then be under the care of Greater Glashow NHS Trust. Something for the future maybe. Good luck and keep us posted.
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

Roddy

Hi RoeJogan12

Curious to know how you got on during your appointment with the urologist on August 13th? Any joy?

Roddy