How does VED induced erection compare with natural

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi all

I ask the question about the difference between the erections as I have recently had incision and grafting surgery.  I have lost length and also still have around a 40 degree curve during natural erections.

However, when I use the VED and a ring, my erection is much more straight.  Although the length has not yet recovered (early days I hope).

So I wonder if during my natural erection the end is just not getting enough blood to be firm, and it is bending at the top of the graft?

Also, although erect, when using the pump it never feels hard like a natural erection.  How do I know if I have pumped enough?  I worry as I have caused little blood spots before whilst pumping, but maybe that was because I was leaving it in the device too long.

Sorry for the long post  
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

Hawk

Mark, that was not a long post.  Never apologize for posting.  That is what makes the forum valuable to many thousands.

There is very little difference between a VED erection and a natural erection.  Some doctors would argue that a VED draws in some less oxygenated venous blood along with the arterial blood but I know of no confirmation or study that confirms that.  The physical characteristics are the same so I agree that any difference you see is likely caused by the degree of erection and not the type of erection.  I suspect you are getting a more complete erection with the VED and the added pressure is forcing your penis straighter.  This would indicate to keep using the VED in the hope that it will gradually correct the curve.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Zeckelbaum

Hi mark

I understand what you mean. When I get an erection naturally it will be harder than with ved but the glans are completing soft and some of the shaft bends more and feels indented

When I use ved and a cock ring my glans will inflate and the indentation will get somewhat better but the whole thing feels more soft which is annoying. Never used a penis pump erection for sex before so if anyone can confirm if it feels worse that would be great. I also get the red spots so I think you should be careful how often you use a ring
28 years old
Had an injury with GF on top
Slight curve, dent, trouble keeping erections and Glans does not engorge.

Hawk

I have a difficult time responding to this issue because I know of not one wit of logic or evidence that blood that engorges your penis because of a VED is located in any other than the 3 chambers that contain blood from a natural erection.  There certainly is no logic for there being less blood and the quantity of blood equals the rigidity of the erection.  There is no logical reason that anyone cannot get more of an erection while in a VED than they can with a natural erection even if they do not have Erectile Dysfunction.

In fact, you can over pump and draw blood to the service of the skin and do damage to the penis by over engorging it with a VED.  I say if the penis shaft is not as hard as you get with a natural erection then you are not pumping enough.  OR, if it is less hard after removing it from the VED then your band may be too large allowing some of the blood to escape.

I have had sex about many hundreds of times with a VED and thousands of time without.  It felt as good to me one way as the other.

Zeckelbaum

Is there any specific technique to get the cock ring on after the ved? And do you put the penis into the ved when soft or erect?

I don't know about op but I just use the Augusta ved and have the cock ring loaded on and then when pumped up quickly push it off the edge of the device onto my cock. If I push on the shaft it doesn't have the same hard quality don't know why and I'm definitely not under pumping

Is it possible to get a lassooo coxk ring and lasso your balls and shaft area and tighten it quickly when you take the ved off?

The other problem I have with the cock ring is the penis is floppy at the base - makes sense given the penis extends into the body but the ring starts at the base of what is visible. Suppose there is no fix for that

I've never used it for sex myself just testing it out but it didn't seem as hard and then my coxk started turning blue so I took it off after 5-10 mins each time  
28 years old

Hawk

I used a Vacurect which uses a flat disc/ring that looks like a washer for a bolt.  https://www.mainspringmedical.com/pages/lp-vb1?gclid=CjwKCAjw04vpBRB3EiwA0IieaucuP49WUQznvMTFIcDUiKT4K3G7Txv3_-db3hMvmzWiRKBKIhCerBoCc-gQAvD_BwE&utm_expid=.oWoHUzMZSL2l6YySlbH9QA.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Those rings are designed to be put on prior to putting your penis in the VED.

Depending on your degree of Erectile Dysfunction I think you would likely lose some of your erection between the time you remove the VED and the time you put a noose on.  I also do not think there is an advantage in putting aring around your penis and scrotum as opposed to around the base of your penis.

The answer lies it whether your penis seems to be more engorged while in the VED than it does after you snap the ring onto the penis and remove the VED.  If you substantially lose some of the erection it is an indication that you either need a tighter band or possibly two bands.  If it is the same after removing the VED as when it is in the VED and that is not hard enough, then it means you are not pumping it until it is hard enough.

It is true that you might get some hinge effect on the body side of the band/ring.

Zeckelbaum

I just had a look at the vacurect demonstration video and it Appears that attach the ring to the base of the cylinder rather than the shaft?

Do you think I could use a flat disc type ring to wear prior to putting my penis into the augusta and do it that way?

I pump in the cylinder as much as I dare. I assume it's possible for the displacement of
Blood to differ from person to person though. I cannot get hard glans to save my life and they haven't inflated EVER since my injury 6 years ago. In the ved they do inflate and I inflate as much as I dare until they feel like they are about to pop (that is where I feel te pressure). Yet I don't feel like my shaft is about to pop by any means, and when I pull it out and pop the ring on the head is hard (but slowly loses it if ring isn't super tight) but the shaft is spongy still. So I don't think it's as simple as not pumping hard enough - perhaps we all have different vein configurations which affect the displacement of blood. I would Pump more for sure if I dAred. Perhaps the reason my glans feel they are about to pop, and thereby causing me to stop pumping, is because they haven't had any blood in 6 years and are now more ineffective  
28 years old

Hawk

I do NOT think you could use Vacurect rings with any other VED.  The base of the Vacurect is made to seal tight against those rings/discs.  Most other VEDs seal against the body.

It is impossible for me sitting here to know exactly what is going on.  I might not know even if I was there, but IF you can currently get erections, naturally, with oral or injectable drugs, then you should get at least that much erection with a VED because regardless of your blood vessel configuration it does not change.  It is possible that plaque at the point of the band is supporting the band and preventing it from constricting a vein and blood is leaking back out.  That should also be the case with any other erection.  It is possible that plaque is restricting artery flow but that also should happen with any other erection.  It is the difference between filling a balloon with air from a pump or your mouth.  The same pathway and the same cylinder comes into play.

maybe if you leave the VED in place longer the penis will slowly acclimate and expand a little more before applying the band then removing the VED.  In your post, you said, "pull it out and pop the rung on".  I assume that was a misspeak since you should pop the ring on then break the seal and pull the penis out of the VED.

Zeckelbaum

Thanks hawk yes I misspoke I mean I slip the ring off the edge of the augusta onto my penis and then break the seal. Though the deal breaks by necessity when I try slip the under half on. I usually do a full session of 10-15 mins and then put the ring on at the end rather than one pump
Up from flaccid and then straight on, I assume that's ok

Do you think it's worth buying the vacurect just for putting on cock rings?
28 years old

Hawk

I don't think I am sure exactly why you are using a constriction band/ring after you pump up.  Usually, that is only used for sex not for using the VED to oxygenate your tissue or for correction of a curve or restoring size.  Using bands routinely can cause trauma and reduce oxygen to the tissue.

As far as buying the Vacurect I cannot advise you on such a personal decision.  It depends on your personality of wanting 2 VED's, budget, etc. I doubt I would buy it IF I had a perfectly good Agusta but the Vacurect is t only VED I have ever used and I loved it.  The first one lasted 12 years until I dropped it on tile.  It is less cumbersome than most VEDs.  You can pump it with one hand, no separate pump or tubes. The only drawback is if you have a large girth the base of it is small.  I am slightly over 5 1/4" at the base and I was approaching the limit.  I see guys that claim to be over 6" which is so large you could not possibly receive oral sex.  That would never work with a Vacurect.

By the way, those rings do not snap on.  Your penis fills out gradually to make them tight and I think they are less trauma to the penis.

Zeckelbaum

My sole purpose for using the rings was to find a suitable "set up" in advance and prior to sex. I want to ensure I pump correctly to get the best possible erection and that the ring I use works properly.

If rings are damaging is there a maximum amount of times you can use them per week?

I am 6 inches long 5 inch girth so I should be fine.

As your penis fills out gradually to make it tight I imagine that will make it harder to keep pumping to maximum erection would it not  
28 years old

Hawk

I added a signature line so you will better be able to get answers.  You can edit it in your profile.