Iontophoresis home treatment machines or UK practitioner

Previous topic - Next topic

Fix This

Hi all

Has anyone had any sucess with Iontopherosis?

I'm planning on adding it to my treatment for transdermal delivery of oils, dmso etc. So am ideally looking to buy a machine for home use. Or find a reputable practitioner in the UK

There are lots of cheap iontopherosis on ebay. But not sure if they will be any good. The known reputable ones tend to be £400-£500 new but cheaper used. Any knowledge on this please?

Many thanks

Fix
47 , penis trauma July 2018 leading to Peyronies. 30-40 degree dorsal curvature, narrowing after plaque. 

I'm attacking it though, and I will fix this!

VED, traction, DMSO, Ultrasound, Acupuncture, meds, herbs

Gabriel

Hey Fix,

I remember at least one member had great results with iontophoresis+verapamil (not who precisely, but it was very positive).

I'm still in pain 2 years after my onset of Peyronies Disease and tried pretty much everything, so I would also be very interested in these home machines!
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

Fix This

Hi Gabriel

Yes, that seems to be the standard topical solution suggested for use with iontopherosis

If I get hold of a machine, I would use the current oils that I'm using ( castor, emu, Vit E oils + DMSO, and an Acetyl l Carnitine/ Paba mixture and some Ibuprofem gel for inflamation

Stands to reason that if all of these substances are beneficial , but the problem is they're not absorbed deeply enough to work, then a machine that makes them absorb deep enough has to be a good thing no?

I would try to get some topical verapamil also somehow if I get one of these machines ( or I find a practitioner in the UK )

Results in limited studies don't seem to clear but these studies appear to be very limited to me

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23117682

This next study concluded this

5. Conclusion

A significant proportion of patients who received verapamil and dexamethasone by EMDA reported improvement of curvature. Patients most likely to benefit in our series were men reporting curvature <30 and shrinkage of the penis and where rapid onset and erectile dysfunction were not associated with the curvature. Patients who had traumatic Peyronies Disease or those complaining from difficulty to penetrate are less likely to benefit from this treatment. None reported any adverse effects.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/au/2014/957013/

I' going to keep looking at this option anyway and will keep you posted

47 , penis trauma July 2018 leading to Peyronies. 30-40 degree dorsal curvature, narrowing after plaque. 

Gabriel

Excellent Fix, thanks a lot :-)!!

I know quite few people here actually tried iontophoresis, and that it does not have proven any "real" efficacy on n=many patients, but I do think it's worth the try, at leat for stopping the inflammation. About the curvature correction I'm more skeptical, but hey, we've seen so much stuff working for this man and not for that man, and vice versa...

Anyway, good luck to you buddy and let us know!!
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

Fix This

I stopped looking at this a while back as I was doing VED and traction and various supplements. Am having to lay off the VED and traction until a small red blister scar from the traction device (PMP) is gone completely from the end of my glans!

So just looking around a bit again at the momet and considering other options/ additions.  I'm thinking I do need to try the inotopherosis method. Have just been reading some posts regarding injecting a bromelain extract into the plaque. Yet a safer method would seem to be iontopherosis methinks

This article that I've just stumbled across summarises the effects and actions of iontopherosis .  Common Uses

https://www.verywellhealth.com/iontophoresis-in-physical-therapy-2696534

"There are many different uses for iontophoresis. These include, but are not limited to:

Decrease inflammation
   Decrease pain
   Decrease muscle spasm
   Decrease swelling and edema
   Reduce calcium deposits in the body
   Manage scar tissue   "

This article isn't specific to peyronies at all. But managng scar tissue would be most relevant to Peyronies I'm sire we would all agree? As would most of those other uses . Including if you have calcified plaques?

Anyway I've run out of time again and have to go to work! Will have to research further again later