From 90 Degree bend to straight - Roddy's Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

SW01

Same thing happened to me around 2 months in.  I was just sitting in a chair at moms. Probably fidgeting around and felt some gurgling start. Got worried went to bathroom to check it out and I was definitely softer than ever. After that I was able to deflate further than before. I also could feel the flat parts of cylinders more.

After that deflate actually became one touch. At 5 months I can just push my button and it deflates. I can squeeze it to get there faster but I have tried both ways and I get to same point without squeezing it just takes a little longer.

Hope all continues to go well. It just gets better and better. In my opinion. I just love this titan. I like the way it looks flaccid and hard both. I have no problem tucking it in Levi's or shorts a it is not an issue in a bathing suit at all. I did have to get one with a liner. I used to wear the board short suits. Those are not doable unless me and wife are alone.

Of course if we are alone we are usually skinny dipping, which usually leads to other things. So nice to have that option after 3 horrible years without it.

Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Roddy

Day 72 - 10 weeks Post Op

It has occurred to me more than once that I don't post updates like I used to. Whilst this is a great sign of my recovery, in that I'm not always thinking about my penis now unlike before, I do miss the regular write up. There just isn't the same need now. It's not that I'll not continue, it's just that there's so little to report in between updates now as my body continues to make a full recovery. I continue to cycle every night as I lie in bed before going to sleep - the opposite to some others who prefer to cycle in the early morning when they awake. I prefer night time as I can pump up in the bathroom and then jump quickly into bed before any of the kids open my bedroom door unannounced. What a fright that would be - for me but more so for them! I lie back, inflated, pillows propping me up and my legs bent at the knees, which allows me to have my erection covered by the duvet. I lie back and read or in this case just now, write up this journal.

What I've noticed is that daily cycling is pain free and just routine, unless I miss a day. If I miss a day due to something going on I find that my inflated penis stings a little. It must be borne in mind that my penis tissue is still being stretched out in an alien fashion (a lifelong Congenital bend and THEN peyronies) and might 'sting' for some time yet. Don't misunderstand, this is nothing like the pain of the early days, not even a tiny fraction of that pain, but just enough for me to occasionally look at the time to see how long it has been inflated for and to work out how much longer I should keep it inflated. I must agree with others when I say that whilst erect/inflated and using my man for sex, there ain't no pain to speak of. Only feelings of pleasure.

If I'm being even more specific, that sting I'm referring to seems to only be at the sight of my excision from 15 months ago and a failed excision and grafting procedure. The more that I've touched, prodded and felt around over these past 10 weeks, the more I've become aware of how much of a mess was caused in that site during the first operation - my left side and underside - and how a large chunk of  penile tissue was simply removed. Like a tumour. Simply cut out. The fact that the graft material failed, and was subsequently taken out before implant inserted, has left me with at best an indent, and at worst a chunk of my dick missing. I actually believe that the implant passes through my cavernosa on left and right but that the left side is completely and totally exposed for a length before being covered by tunica again. Feels this way but I'm only guessing. I could of course simply ask Mike Fraser if I so wished. That seems to be the area of nippiness and stinging. Certainly after sex that's where I get tenderness. Nowhere else. As I've stated the last couple of times, I'll need to make sure my wife and I are careful with that area so as not to damage myself.

In my previous post on day 58, I reported that I had pressed my deflate button and mysteriously found my penis to just go all soft, crinkly and completely empty of liquid. This happened another 2 nights in a row but then never again since so even tho I know that's what's supposed to happen upon deflation, it's never happened since. Hence, I'm 'semi' most of the rest of the time - which I'm used to now, can get underwear on as expected, and can wear most types of jeans etc. I just don't get why the implant did that and never since? I've watched the videos posted by Alibaba (thank you) but don't see the solution to this particular issue among them. Takes me back to an older discussion/worry about possible long term atrophy when still 'semi' in a deflated state. Difficult not to worry about this issue when I've experienced TOTAL deflation a few times. I did show Mike Fraser feel my deflated penis in what I would call its 'semi' state and he said it was fine.

Another little thing to mention but nothing serious is that my inflation pump became very solid last week. I mean really solid - where it was maximum effort to inflate. Bizarrely this only lasted a few days and then the pump returned to normal. Now it has the gargling feeling/noise again when I squeeze it. I like to feel that as I know it's drawing liquid from the reservoir till no comes out.

That's me been inflated for 45 mins now. I'm tired and going to turn in after a hard day at work. The Titan has stood me in good stead so far, has given me my manhood back, has given me an active interest in physical sex with my wife again and I'm very happy I did it. Until next time, friends.

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Roddy

Immediate Update.

I signed off there, felt around for the magic switch and guess what - total deflation again. You couldn't make it up! 😂
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

Hawk

Always good to hear from you, Roddy.

Total deflation is good.  Partial inflation can cause erosion over time and if your tunica is thin or non-existant at the graft site it would be enough of a concern that I would squeeze my penis to make sure I got total deflation.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hey Roddy!!! Good update you wrote there. I don't have much to add, except that I am curious as to what your final result will be in terms of straightness, considering your curvature before.

Another thing.... Don't you have locks in your doors?  

Alibaba

Very encouraging report Roddy from the queens land across the water. 72 days is just the beginning. You are still going to notice changes for months to come. Probably more like as time goes on what you no-longer notice any more. The potential these things have with the proper model, size and installation is amazing. The peaceful being you get when all is right is a blessed gift.  Cheers buddy.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Roddy

Update - 13 Weeks Post Op

I was aware that as today is Monday 3rd September and that since I underwent surgery on Monday June 3rd, today is 3 months Post Op. As it turns out, it's actually 13 weeks to the day. I must report, overall, that such has been my recovery and turnaround in my life, from the hell that was the first 4 weeks, that 3 months seems not very long at all. It feels much longer than 3 months. All of that post surgical physical and mental trauma, the serious anti pain medication, the being resigned to lying on the couch, the dreadful daytime TV, all of it, nothing but a distant memory now. Isn't the human power of healing and recovery incredible? I used to write up my journal asking, rhetorically in some cases, when my 3rd ball would be accepted by its original 2 testicles in my scrotum. You see, my balls refused to adjust to their new existence sharing their sack with this alien pump that became my 3rd ball. The constant nagging pain, mostly a dull ache, sometimes a sharp stab, always there and always on my mind. Now I don't ever think about it. Like, at all. Only 3 months later - isn't that fantastic!? The horrendous pain, and I mean utterly savage pain, of pumping up on weeks 2 and 3, when there were actual beads of sweat pouring off my forehead as I writhed in pain on the edge of my bed, cursing and openly swearing. You see, as I've repeatedly said, my dick was SO deformed that as my Titan cylinders expanded with fluid, attempting to expand perfectly straight, my 90 degree bend was insisting on bending as it always had done from its first ever erection. Ultimately the Titan won that battle and the bent penile tissue had no chance against the pneumatic power and rigidity of the implant. I knew because I was told by everyone on this forum and because of what I had read that this would be the case and that the Titan would correct my bend. Mike Fraser had no doubt it would. I had faith and believed that in time it would completely correct the bend. And correct that horrific bend it has. And then some. Now there is no pain at all on pumping up. In the early days, my penis would take about 5-10 minutes to straighten right out. Now it's pretty much instant (can be used for sex immediately) but is still aesthetically more pleasing on the eye 5 mins after pumping up. I guess the process is still developing and I'll watch this develop with interest.

Guys, the sex is phenomenal. I mean really phenomenal. The last 4 weeks in particular has given our already strong marriage an unbelievable boost. We have been like a couple of teenagers.   Two Friday nights in a row now my wife and I have had an amazing experience. Other nights for sure but the last 2 Fridays in particular. Sex with a rock hard penis that stays rock hard. There ain't any worries about potentially losing my erection. Such thoughts are resigned to history. Ain't no worries either about how many beers I've had - it no longer matters. I'm now straight and can have sex in any position we want. When I've ejaculated I've simply carried on making love til my wife gets what she needs - no limp dick. On both these evenings we have ended up making love again within a couple of hours. We never ever did that before. My how she is loving sex on demand. In terms of the orgasms themselves, they seem to be more powerful than before. I've no idea why that is the case but it does seem to be.

My only worry, like I pointed out in my last post, is the area of excision from previous failed surgery which has left a definite dent. That may well cause the implant to fail in time sooner than a healthier penis. I cannot control that. All I can do is try and be as gentle as I can be but you know the score - in the heat of passion it's difficult not to go at it too hard. I will try tho.

If anything went wrong and I had to have a refit, would I go through all that pain again? You'd better believe I would!! I've not had sex like this since I was in my late teens/early twenties!

It's still early days (numerically) but my God what a positive change to my life this Coloplast Titan implant has made.  

Stepone

Thanks as always for your descriptive writing. Yes it's amazing how far you and all of us have come. Don't worry about the dent, I have one too from an excision Nesbit surgery. I think over time we will be ok. Those Titan cylinders are pretty strong, so I know you may think it's like an inner tube in a bicycle tire, but there is no similarities in the materials. Let's not worry about it. Let's continue to enjoy our new bionic dicks, lol.
And yeah, the spouse never worries about me going soft after I pop. It's an amazing gift we have.
Thanks for staying in touch.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Roddy,  You put a great end to my day.  Not just one more brother but another couple restored to everything that that can be.  It honestly does my heart good.  It is also great to see you back posting.  When you got accidentally banned I almost croaked to think you were locked out wondering what had happened.

Hawk

Pfract

Tears of joy reading this. Rest assured knowing it has given me a lot of encouragement reading through your experience.  You are clearly in a better place. That's so nice to see.

Enjoy Roddy!  8)

Roddy

Update - 19 weeks Post Op

Been a while since I checked in. Apologies for the radio silence. I do check the forum every day and pitch in and respond to other threads, where appropriate, but as anyone who has been through a successful implant has reported, there's so much to report on in the first couple of months and then little to report on as you begin to completely heal.

Everything continues to be great here after my surgery 19 weeks ago - an eternity in my mind. So much has changed in this time, none more so than my ability to have an amazing, fulfilling and really exciting sex life again  - a far cry from the last 3 years. I now have nothing to worry about when the feeling of sexual anticipation comes around between my wife and I. The old worries of "will I get an erection?", or "will I manage to stay hard?", or "will I cum too quickly?" are all irrelevant now. Even the age old worry of having too much to drink, that would always have meant no erection, are a thing of distant memory.

It's the weirdest thing ever having this implant, folks. I get turned on, I get the physical and mental sensation, my glans (head) becomes swollen and engorged, my penis produces the same pre-sex lubrication that it always did, but my actual shaft remains lifeless. Until, that is, I have about 18 quick squeezes of my 3rd ball. When I do that I have the best and most rigid erection of my adult life. And then the sex is long lasting and the kind of stuff I used to dream of. Like reported in previous posts, I seem to take longer to climax now, post implant. Nothing to do with feeling less, nothing could be further from the truth. I still feel every sensation as before but it just takes me longer. I'm really happy about this, actually, as I've earned to relax and enjoy the experience more than I ever could. I can try loads more positions I never could try before with that awful bent penis of mine.

Like I'm supposed to, I still cycle every night before going to sleep. Unlike others on here, who enjoy a morning coffee with an erection as part of their routine, I pump up before bed and simply lie and read for half an hour before going to sleep. This seems to have worked really well for me since day one to be honest so I have just continued with that routine. Pumping up is now as easy as I would expect it to be - I simply hold the pump between my forefinger and thumb of my right hand and squeeze. About 18 times like I said until I'm absolutely rock hard. Depressing the release button to deflate, which used to give me no end of trouble, and almost made me cry with pain, is also just second nature now. It's done with little thought and has no pain attached to it at all. Today when I was deflating, and knowing it was time for an update write-up, I concentrated on how I actually achieved it. I was aware that I was holding my left thumb around the back side of the pump at the back of my sack, with my left fore finger squeezing the deflate button, whilst my right hand was being used to squeeze all the fluid out of my shaft. I was aware that I was going out this afternoon in tight jeans so had to make sure I totally deflated so there was no embarrassing bulge left highly visible from the semi that the Titan can leave you with. Sometimes it feels great to have that natural semi feeling that seems to come with the Titan but at other times you need to squeeze the life out your man to make sure it's not an embarrassing semi that's bulging through your jeans.

The worst part for me early on in the healing process was always trying to locate the deflate switch. Anyone reading this who is recently implanted needs to know that THAT horrific pain does go away over the weeks. Your balls just seem to adapt and accept their new friend in time and there's no hurrying Mother Nature. As every man and their dog would advise me "be patient, Roddy, stop trying to hurry the healing process, you'll be fine in time etc". Never a truer word was spoken.

I'm in Rome on holiday just now. I googled the Coloplast Titan, after my usual airport drama, to see if any part of it is made of metal because, once again, just like travelling to and from Portugal in July, the airport scanner went crazy - as did the hand held scanner when the guards body searched me. I stood there sniggering to myself as the equipment told them there was something wrong but no human could find anything on me of any concern. I've since learned that the X-ray machine would reveal my implant but that was after the metal alarm scanner, which would have meant they would be forced to look at my X-ray. Then came the full body search and pat down, obsessed with my groin area, so why would they body search me if they already saw the device on the machine? Anyone else ever experience this?

In terms of size, I am still at 6.25 inches when pumped up. I've been this size now since about week 8. Prior to Peyronies, and my failed excision and grafting, which was a disaster, I was 8 inches erect. That 8 inches, however, was with a severe, downward, congenital curve that made sex in most positions very difficult. I've read a lot on this forum about guys who are obsessed with size. They seem lost in their worry about how much length they could lose with an implant. If that's you and you're reading this, you need to try and appreciate the fact that 6.25 inches of a bone-hard penis, that's totally straight, will be SO much more use to you than an 8 inch floppy dick that you cannot sustain an erection with, let alone a dick that's so badly mis-shaped that ANY kind of meaningful sex is almost out of the question with. It's honestly a no brainer. I know all about the really painful decision that a lot of guys mull over and over in their mind, and then they seek advice on here with their questions and subsequent public discussions, as to whether an implant is correct for them or not. I've been there. So many have. It takes over their lives - every thought, every moment. It's an obsession. It took over mine. I once again state with 100% conviction that had I had the knowledge and hindsight of what I have now experienced since 3rd June 2019, I would have undergone this surgery 10 years ago. No argument. No evidence to convince me otherwise. If my implant only lasts another year, which it won't, and my surgeon said "Roddy I can put another one in for you that will only last another year" I would not think that over for any length of time. I would go through all the pain again. Why? Because I've had 12 weeks of the best sex of my life. On demand. It has taken my relationship with my wife to a new level. I still strut around in front of the bedroom mirror admiring my 'arrow like' erection. My dick was never shaped like that. I love it and so, it appears, does my wife.

Thoughts to all.

Roddy

Stepone

Roddy, you have got to be the best writer ever.
Blessings for you and your family and once again thanks for being so open and sharing of your feelings.

StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Pfract

Amazing to see how things turned out for you Roddy. The only thing I say, is that if you ever feel like sharing a picture of your current inflation straightness  it would be great. To show and encourage others on how much the implant works at correcting peyronies and bad curvatures.  

Hawk

Roddy,  Your success is not just a great story with a happy ending for you,  It is like a gift to me every time I read it.  Your happiness at conquering your issues just makes me happy.  More importantly, however, is the permanent record you are leaving for others that struggle.  Often because of ignorance, they struggle without any hope.  You are helping change that.

Thanks!

Roddy

Week 22 (5.5 months) Post-Surgery Update

This month's update is very similar to last month's so I'll keep it short and sweet. To be honest I could just stop posting as there's not much more to report now and it might become annoying to read the same old, same old ... but I am conscious of the fact that I said from the outset that I hoped my journal, from the early days/weeks of pure hell, to these later months of my implant only bringing me positive news that could/should inspire others, that I would record this journey for future reference to help others.

I have no problems/issues to report and continue to report nothing but positive news. I have gone from no sex with my wife (completely unusable deformed dick) to great, fulfilling, sex at least twice a week. Not making it up to sound smug or for something to write, I'd confidently say it's the best sex of my life as referenced in my other topic 'Implant Pros and Cons'.

Some members have asked for some photographic proof of my progress. So in preparation for that I emailed my surgeon's secretary asking for photos from the operating table where you could see the mess my penis was in prior to surgery. That was 2 weeks ago and they're very slow to oblige so in the meantime I've taken the liberty of attaching some photos I took tonight of my current pumped up state. Remind yourself when you look at these photos that my penis was bent greater than 90 degrees downward like a banana. As soon as I get photos from the hospital I'll be sure to upload them too for comparison. I'm delighted with my progress.

Hope everyone is well.

Roddy

Roddy

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Roddy

Pfract

Thank you so much for this Roddy! Impressive!! I can't wait to see how it was before, with your extreme curvature. I really hope they come through with it.

Enjoy it sir!!!!!!!!  ;D 8)

Hawk

great report and pics.  Hopefully, you will get some before pics.  What size Titan do you have?  You look considerably above average in those pics.  It must be awesome to go from an unusable penis to an unstoppable package like that.

Roddy

6 MONTHS AND ONE WEEK POST OP UPDATE

So it's exactly 27 weeks (6 months and one week) since my implant surgery. As I've said before, my updates are few and far between now due to the absolute normality of life again. A far cry from when I used to post every week with an update. The surgery seems much longer ago than 6 months - it's a weird feeling. Seems like I've had this new penis of mine longer than that.

I don't have any pain or discomfort at all. None. My 3rd ball is now just completely part of my sack and I don't really give it much thought now. I still cycle every single night before I sleep and it's just a routine part of my life. In fact it's so routine that it happens from 10 pm until 10.30 pm. I simply inflate then lie back and read or use my phone. When it's time to deflate, I'm not ashamed to admit that I do like to announce to my wife that "I better go and deflate". This is in fact my signal to her that if she wants to 'use it' then now is the time otherwise I deflate and it's off to sleep. On average we 'use it' once midweek and sometimes twice at the weekend. If I'm lucky.

Luck. There's a concept for you. I've had very bad luck to be blighted by this awful condition. Even more bad luck to have had a failed excision and graft that it turns out probably was the wrong procedure to undergo and yet, at the same time, unbelievable good luck to have happened upon Mike Fraser when I did. This was a very good piece of luck as he operated out of the local hospital without me even knowing he existed. I then had the good luck to be life-long friends with a surgeon whom I decided one night to confide in regarding my mess of a penis.  He arranged for me to visit Mr Fraser who took me into his care and transformed my mess of penis into its current bionic state. So much as I've had to suffer extreme Peyronies, I'm extremely grateful for the good break I've been given. At 48 now, my penis is in the healthiest shape of its adult life. Ain't life strange?

In regard to the implant itself, all continues to be good. It pumps up to rock hard without any fuss. Deflation was always the most painful part of the process for me and finding the deflate button on the Titan was always more than a little tricky. 6 months in I just instinctively know where the button is without any thought or need to feel around. I think I've only ever really managed the 'One Touch' deflation that Hawk etc have mentioned twice in 6 months. I'm not bothered at all by this. I simply press deflate with my left hand whilst squeezing my penis empty of fluid with my right hand. Early worries about having a semi and not fitting into underwear or showing thru jeans etc have simply gone away. I just embrace being well hung now - one of the upsides you don't really have control over and if anything, is probably quite good for one's self esteem LOL.

As I've said a few times now, if this implant were to fail for whatever reason I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go thru all of the early pain and discomfort again. This implant has been truly life changing for my wife and I. If anyone out there has the personal circumstances which are right for an implant - when other solutions have led to failure - I recommend this to you 100%. I cannot emphasise enough how I feel about this. I could have and should have done this years ago. From what I've experienced these past 6 months, it has improved my quality of life tenfold.

I still check in every single night to see any new posts on here. If anyone ever needs advice then please feel free to ask or private message me and I'd be only to glad to help - as others have helped me.  

Stepone

Roddy you my friend are amazing.
Thanks for sharing all your personal feelings and thoughts.
I am so happy for you and all of your posts. You are an excellent writer.
Life is good and feeling blessed.
StepOne  

Pfract

Happy holidays to you Roddy, and thank you once again for sharing your story and pictures with us. An inspiration to many here I firmly believe. I have been directing members from the other board to your thread, so they know first hand about your outcome and doctor.  

Roddy

Thanks for your very kind words, Stepone. And Pfract, Happy Holidays to you too. I am only too happy to be any kind of help to anyone that needs advice or encouragement. I received nothing but great advice from both of you among many, many more in my hours of need at the beginning of this whole process. Cheers, guys.

Hawk

Roddy,

Thanks so much for your dedication to the cause and your willingness to pass along your expertise and hard-gained wisdom.

Merry Christmas!

Hawk

LeRoastBeef

Hi Roddy,

I sent you a message, your journal is great to read, and very relevant to me as a fellow scot!
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Pfract

Glad you made it here roast beef. If you do end up getting an implant, please open a diary with us.

LeRoastBeef

33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Roddy

Hi Roast Beef

Feel free to message me for specific advice/answers to questions when you feel you want to. Alternatively, please post your questions here so that I can advise you of my experiences and observations on our quite different medical care here in the UK - there will be a fair number of Brits on this forum flying under the radar who may well benefit from reading the advice even if they do so in silence. That is how I operated for the best part of a year until I summoned the courage to post for the first time. Sharing information is how we all learn from each other and support those who need it. Good to hear from you.

Cheers

Roddy

LeRoastBeef

Hi all,

Roddy, I sent you a message earlier tonight, I would copy and paste it here put it seems they don't keep a record of sent messages? You're quite right, this is the place to post.

I'm sure there are many Brits watching quietly, I have been posting on the other forum (I'm not sure if we can mention) and talking to folk there. They have been great, it's just great to finally be in touch with someone closer to home as they are almost entirely American.

I think my question was focused on the hospital experience itself, what happened on the day of surgery, then after before you left the hospital. I have so many questions but don't want to flood you!

33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Roddy

Go for it, Roast Beef - I'm very happy to help with my own experiences and give advice to you in the same way the rest of the guys on here helped me. They were a source of inspiration and a fount of knowledge when I went through my implant surgery. You have a huge advantage that I never had tho because I only started posting the day after my surgery. You get to ask questions in advance. Fire away.

Hawk

Yes, Please post for the thousands it may help for years into the future.

melting

wow that's some hope for all the UK guys that have no other way than getting surgery!
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Roddy

TonySa

I wouldn't look for a logical point that he's making...
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Roddy

Post Implant Update - 14.5 months post surgery.

It's been 8 months since I posted anything at all. In one sense that is reaffirming that I have stopped constantly thinking about my penis like I did when I was at my lowest point post surgery last year. It consumed my every thought. Life has simply moved on for me and I am nothing other than a fantastic success story and a true advocate of penile implantation.

Since I last posted in January we have been exposed to Covid-19 and it has dominated world news. I have logged in to the forum intermittently over the last 8 months and hoped that everyone was safe and well. I'm glad to see some of the usual posters and contributors still making the effort on a regular basis but also cannot help notice that the traffic has slowed somewhat. I do hope we haven't lost any members due to the virus.

I'm delighted to report that my sex life and penis health are excellent. I still find myself making love in positions I'd never experienced all my life due to my extraordinary pre-surgery bend. I cannot put into words how satisfying these experiences are. I often pinch myself when having sex in positions that were never possible before. Let's just say I'm still over the moon with my implant.

I contacted Mike Fraser, my surgeon, on June the 2nd, the anniversary of my implant surgery, to thank him for all he had done for me. The man changed my life. I've no idea how many British men have read my journal, but if you have read my journal it's likely because you have Peyronies or the likes and are seeking information about this terrible condition. I'd recommend Mike Fraser to anyone in the UK, regardless of which country you live in. We read so much on this forum about the American surgeons but it's important for anyone over this side of the Atlantic to know he exists.

I'm definitely of the opinion that my own implant journey has come to an end and that I have nothing new to report. I will continue to check in and look out for familiar names and stories and to read the comments and questions of any newbies requiring help and advice. I will never forget the wealth of advice that was given to me in the first 4 weeks of my post surgical experience and will always be indebted to all who supported me. I hope to be able to do the same for others as the months and years progress.

Take care everyone and I hope you are all well.

Roddy

LeRoastBeef

Hi Roddy,

Thanks for updating, you're a lucky man to have got in and out before Covid hit! I scrolled back through your pics, to think of the difference the implant made. You made the right decision, lo for medical science eh.
In a way it was quite nice to see you disappear, because it told me that it all worked out. You see that on other medical forums as well, everything from mental health to physcial problems, posters just come back less and less. It's not a bad thing, in a way.

I love that you contacted Mike to thank him, I'm sure it means a lot to him. It's feedback on his job, and to find he did it well, in a job that must be hellish stressful at times, must keep him going. Good on ya.
We're lucky to have him. So easy for us to take the NHS for granted. Even though it has it's issues. It's our greaterst achievement I think.

Everyting is on hold now with Covid. I'm no further ahead than I was. Still hoping for a referal to Mike. Do you know if he's still working? I assume not, I think the vast majority of non essential operations are on hold, the way it has to be I suppose. :(   Having said that I would go in tomorrow if offered!
This virus has cost us so much behind the scenes. Can only carry on and be positive.

Take care of you and yours.

33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Roddy

Thanks, mate. Surely things will be up and running again soon I hope and your wait will be over. I hope he doesn't retire before you get your surgery done by him. That would be rotten luck. Fingers crossed.

LeRoastBeef

He's no near that old surely!  

I'll be dragging him off the golf course if so.    :(
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Hey Roddy, thanks for the update. Glad all is going well.

StepOne

Pfract

Thank you for all that you shared Roddy. I'm sure it will be of use to a lot of members in the future. For encouragement... guidance.... very nice for US at the staff as well because now we can recommend confidently this doctor to folks in the UK.

Whishing you all the best with your implant, with many smiles per stroke as i say. Take care!

RichardWilson99

Awesome story Roddy! These are the types of stories that really are encouraging!
31/Single
Injury Nov 2019, bend 15deg, loss of erections, dent and hard-flaccid
VED, cialis 5mg on/off
EQ medium (with pills), no NTE.  Lost 1+ inches length, lots in girth. Some loss of sensation. Considering implant to restore full sexual function

Forgotten.

Brilliant read Roddy.

Really proves that this is a marathon and not a sprint.

I'm also off to Portugal later this year (covid permitting).

If more of us go there it'll get the reputation of being the Lourdes for implants.

Ian.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Pfract

Ian C:

I do hope more brits go there, to Mike Fraser. Unfortunately mane of them only talk about and go to David Ralph, who judging by what i read i far from the best and there are plenty of complaints out there on him. I've been trying to share the word on Dr. Mike F, but i am not sure how well that has been working out.