From 90 Degree bend to straight - Roddy's Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddy

Day 31 - Post Op update

I've just cycled agin tonight and taken a couple of photos for the forum for an update. Again I'm annoyed at me not having pre-op photos to share with you as my 'old penis' was horrendous looking - bent at 90 degrees down the way from mid point to tip. Essentially, my pee hole was pointing straight down at the floor. As you can see from the photos, I still have a downward curve but Mr Fraser has performed miracles on me and I will now have a functional dick and will be able to have pretty normal sex. I had no sexual activity for 18 months prior to this op. Couldn't use it - was very hard and unbendable with a right angle which made it utterly impossible to do anything with. So it IS possible for good, experienced surgeons to perform the impossible.

From the previous operation in May 2018, and the excision of peyronies plaque, I have a sizeable indentation where tissue was removed and a graft put in (that failed) so when I lie on my back my penis, trying to stand nice and tall, bends to the left side with gravity. As long as this doesn't get any worse then it's not a problem that I'm worried about.

Attached are the pictures that I took earlier before lying back to write this journal entry.

Time to deflate and head off to bed as I'm pretty tired tonight.

Take care, everyone.

Roddy
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Roddy

Photos would not upload before. Same error message. Think this will work.
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Roddy

It's inflated. Terrible angle. Having a real problem with the site accepting iPhone pics for some reason. It's much straighter than that angle makes out.

Pfract

I'm so happy for you Roddy! High hopes that it will straighten out totally with time. That would be gold. Thank you for sharing these Pictures with us. Chiefly needs to see this asap as well as 20oldfords!  

Roddy

Here's a better shot from the mirror.  Remember this was a cliff edge from halfway point before surgery

Roddy

Hawk

Roddy,  that is incredible considering from a 90-degree angle to normal in a matter of weeks.  I know it has not been a walk in the park but that will soon all fade into oblivion.  I am happy for you.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Amaaaazing!  ;D Roddy I can only imagine how happy you will feel when it's time to have intercourse again but this time with a straight penis... or nearly straight. And very hard too. That won't fail on you. Just give this a thought for a while....  8)

I am not sure i understood what you meant about the dent. It bends to the left because there is an indentation there? how is that exactly, by the way? do you notice it filling in more with the implant inflation? I was looking at your pictures trying to spot it but couldn't see the dent

Paolo

Amazing outcome, beside yourself from the images who would know you have an implant  :)
Happy for you Man  ;)
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Roddy

Thanks everyone. Supportive comments as usual on here. Yes, it is remarkable progress in only 5 weeks and if you consider my surgeon said he was confident that it would straighten out even more in time then I am delighted.

Pfract, to be honest I only took the photos from the side. If I post one from above you'll see the indent. Like I said tho I'm not concerned by that and as Hawk said in a post 3 weeks ago, if anything it will add a bit of texture to my dick that my wife may enjoy. 😁

The reason for the photos is to to emphasise the degree of correction that this Titan has employed on my penis. The only comparison I could make without a pre-op photo is to imagine the most bent banana you can think of with a 90 degree bend and imagine that was my dick pointing to the floor. There MUST be others out there maybe reading this who have been told their bend is TOO extreme to correct. Nonsense!! I'm the living proof of that.

Over the last year, I had read in many places over the internet that an implant does not have the ability to correct a bend beyond 45 degrees. I read things like this continually across so many different sites and, unbelievably, and I mean unbelievably, in real scientific medical journal articles. Wish I could find them. Maybe I'll try.

I never found this site until about August 2018. That means I wasted years believing there was no possibility of correction for me. Such a shameful waste of time but at least I'm where I am now. Let this journal be positive proof that a 90 degree bend CAN be fixed with a Coloplast Titan and the experience and skills of a good surgeon with high volume. Thank you Mr Mike Fraser, Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

Roddy

SW01

I also put some pictures in my journal showing what can be done with an implant alone. It is really amazing.

Good luck to you. It just gets better. Over past 4 months I have just gotten straighter and longer. I might never get my old 7 inches back but where I am today is better than where I was last year.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Roddy

Good to know, thanks SW01. 👍🏻

Would have done this years ago had I known how life changing it would be for me. All those years badly deformed.

Roddy

Day 34 - Post Op

Sunday evening here and I've not reported in for 3 days. Have just been lying taking stock and have to say that the progress I've made over the last week has been very pleasing. Only 10 days ago I was considering not coming to Portugal on holiday as the pain was still really sore, I felt very weak and I couldn't walk far at all without having to limp and  to stop continuously. Isn't the healing that the human body goes through quite amazing. Guess we take it for granted how quickly the body fights back to health. The walking with a limp was gone almost as soon as I got here on Tuesday and I'm definitely getting stronger every day. My wife pointed out to me that she thinks that if the timing of this holiday hadn't been what it was that I'd still be lying on the couch back home, complaining about my pain etc. I completely agree with her on that. I've been busy here but busy in a relaxing way - walking from our apartment along the seafront 3 times a day, going out for drinks and dinner every night (walking) and lots of lying by the pool reading, listening to music and relaxing. The only thing missing is the sex - but that will just have to wait for just now! The point of this is that actually the change of scenery and warm weather has been great for my healing. Hard to imagine the progress without having come here.

As I alluded to there, I'm getting kinda desperate to use this penis of mine. Daily cycling doesn't really help does it?! Lying with a hard on trying to not touch it is difficult and I seem to be thinking about sex a lot now and really just desperate to put my man into action. I've to wait until July 24th, when I meet Mr Fraser, and that's gonna be a tough wait - some serious self discipline to be followed for the next 17 days. This is even more the case when I know I'd be fine, having had a  sneaky session already. Enough of those thoughts tho cos as I've said already, I'd hate if anything went wrong and my surgeon asked me why I didn't follow his orders.

Cycled for an hour this morning and continue to keep to the plan.  Two things continue to be a bind for me. The dull ache underneath my balls/in my scrotum (not during inflation/deflation but during normal time) can be pretty regular and my 'third ball' continues to feel alien to the other 2. The other issue continues to be the cold sweat-inducing deflation process every day. More often than not my scrotum reduces to a tightly packed wrinkled 'sphere' where not only are my balls difficult to feel for but trying to isolate the dreaded deflation button among all the hard-packed tissue continues to be a pain in the arse. I know that 5 minutes in a bath would soften the whole scrotum and make feeling for the button really easy but who has the time for a hot bath? So that's still a bind, as I say.

Overall, I'm doing great and will be back to a pretty much normal life when I return home on July 13th. Intend to get back to the gym for some very light exercise and get back on the golf course. That's pretty much all there is to report from me - no news is good news as they say.

Cheers,

Roddy

Stepone

Roddy,
Thanks for your update, it's always good to read people's journals to see where we compare to others. I know reading and rereading others journals sure helped me compare my progress with others.
Yes I am right there with your wife,  in you taking the vacation and forcing you to do more. It works to take your mind off your dick, lol.
So I can say at 9 weeks, my penis issues have become less. Just like you, I, and the others before us get to the day, where we eventually don't feel our penis is an alien anymore. I like Hawks description as of our new penis, a bionic penis.
But ....
The ball fights still exist.
The pain long after the inflation still happens.
And yes you are still a guy, so the urges for sex continues.
I found keeping to my inflations and then trying to live out life, took my mind off the penis stuff sometimes. Lol. But it can be difficult.
Just be patient and continue to take things slow and time will race by.
You are doing fine.
Hugs
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Good report.  And as always, YOUR WIFE IS CORRECT!

I admire your integrity of waiting until the 27th when you know you survived fine several days ago.  All I can do is shake my head and laugh about that. If I said what I really thought I would probably be irresponsible as an administrator.

mark.wall

Hey. Great story. Glad it has all worked out well for you!

Can you confirm what size implant was used and if any RTEs were used? Also, can you say how far into the glans the tips go, 1/2 or 3/4 etc.?

I am in the UK also and looking to go private. Would love to travel to the US, but staying the UK would seriously reduce my stress levels, so I am researching UK surgeons!

You say your friend recommended Mr Ralph and Mr Frazer, who was the 3rd option?

Thanks

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Roddy

Hi Mark

Glad to hear from you. Like I had said earlier, I've been far too relaxed in finding out information regarding size of implant, RTEs etc. I guess this is because I was such a hopeless lost cause (in terms of penile deformity) prior to surgery that I never asked specific questions as I was just desperate for ANY kind of improvement. Because you are specifically asking for this information, and because it may well help you in your whole process, I will definitely make sure I ask these questions when I meet Mike Fraser on July 24th. Can you wait til then? In the meantime, here is a link to his profile:

https://www.menshealthscotland.com/person/michael-fraser/

Are you able to share anything about your condition, Mark, to help me get an understanding of your needs?

Cheers,

Roddy

mark.wall

Hey Roddy, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have become mildly obsessed with implant sizing and RTE use! It really is a shame that this surgery is so hit and miss and you have to be so careful to ensure you get a good surgeon.

I don't have peyronies, but rather i've had ED my entire life. I'm 36 now and decided the implant is the way to go. In fact, as soon as I found out what is was I immediately knew it was for me, and I haven't doubted it for a second since that moment. Most people seem to have a hard time accepting this the last option, but for me, I am singing from the trees that this treatment even exits!

I've been using FT for a while and everyone talks about Eid and Kramer in the US as being the only people to guarantee a perfect fit. I made a post asking why on earth did the UK, or even Europe, did not have a urologist comparable to Eid or Kramer. I just felt like this was a bizarre situation that I had to fly all the way over there! Someone seen that post and linked me your story, hence my contacting you.

Your friend has done you a huge favor by not allowing you to go through the NHS to some random surgeon. I have seen two guys very recently on FT with cylinders that are clearly not even reaching the glans leaving the top of the penis "floppy". Honestly, these surgeons should be moved to admin duties for the rest of their careers. No doubt they will continue to operate because, despite both those guys needing to have revisions on the NHS, most people will go home, struggle to penetrate or fully enjoy sex, but be so thankful that they have regained some function that they don't complain - or even be aware that there is anything to complain about.

The implant is my one shot at having a normal sex life. If the head is floppy or the base wobbles from very long RTEs then this one shot will be missed. Being in a long term relationship will make the situation easier for you. As I am single, in order for mine to be a success, I really want to be able to go incognito. That is the dream!  

I would love to know your sizing, but your case of peyronies means it's not really comparable because the surgeon will no doubt have to make decisions about the cylinder size and RTEs use solely to correct the bend. However, I would still really like to know!

Cheers!

Roddy

Hi Mark

No problem at all - I'll find all this out for you and get back to you on July 24th once I've spoken to Mr Fraser. I'm desperate for that time to pass quickly so I can get on with using this new toy of mine.

Without me knowing officially the answer to the glans/tips question, I'm nice and confident the cylinders are right into the glans. I suspect this because when I'm inflated I've been surprised at how hard my penis is compared to my memories of being even a healthy 20 year old. Like rock hard. And when I get sexual thoughts and urges, my glans fills up with blood as it's supposed to.

mark.wall

Def sounds like its looking good for you then.. people seem to be able to tell pretty early when they've been sized incorrectly.

Yeah, I am sure you can't wait to get going! Haha. Best of luck.

Hawk

I want to say that if I personally were to get an implant if would very likely only be Eid or Kramer that I would select.  That is not because I believe that no one else does successful implants.  Any doctor that has done a few dozen implants probably has had some successes.  I am sure dozens of doctors have a success record approaching Eid and Kramers record.  The difference is that Dr. Eid and Dr. Krammer are pre-researched with highly public/transparent records objectively reported.   If you happen to know ten people that went to some other surgeon and all ten know what constitutes a good implant (No infection, retained or gained size, good angle, minimal RTE's, minimal recovery and scar, no visible tubing etc) and they all report they got good implants I would risk choosing that surgeon.  The problem is sorting through such data to discover the surgeon's actual failure rate.

I do know that while many surgeons have a low infection rate they often quote industry standards NOT their specific rate.  I know no doctor that has a lower rate than Dr. Eid who developed the no-touch technique for penile implants.  Mark.Well, you are also correct that Dr. Eid does an improper sizing he will correct it without charge.

TonySa

Hawk, gave you found any doc other than eid that publishes actual infection rates?  Does kramer fir example?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Roddy

Update Day 39 - Post Op

Just taking some time just now to write up my journal before we head to the airport to fly home from Portugal. I've been here for 10 days and have had a great, relaxing break. Like I've posted in an earlier entry, contrary to my worries 2 weeks ago about pain level and lack of mobility, and whether it was a bad decision to go on holiday, my progress has been superb out here. I cannot help but wonder how far behind where I am now I would have been had I not come here and chosen instead to wallow in self pity at home. This holiday has forced me to walk long distances every day (at a nice relaxed pace), to lie and chill in the sun listening to music and relaxing and I've benefited enormously. I honestly think that I'll be leading a pretty much normal life when I return home over the next few days and weeks. I already have plans to get back to the gym and improve my general fitness and overall strength and to just simply get back to being myself again.

My pain level comes and goes from no pain at all 95% of the day to some pain/discomfort the other 5% in a typical day. I've noticed that mornings are normally the time of day that I have discomfort the most. I think this is a direct result of the cycling I've been doing every morning, ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Like others have said before, I find distracting myself by watching an episode of something on Netflix takes my mind off the discomfort when there is any. It's strange, by the way, that some days I inflate and sit for 45 mins with a full erection and no discomfort and then other mornings I'm counting the minutes to deflation as that session is nippy as hell. No idea why that is or what causes the variation in pain from day to day?

Deflation continues to be a nightmare. Same story as before. My whole sack shrivels to a tight ball and I have to spend 4/5 minutes massaging it between my finger tips to try and soften it before the hunt for the button can even start. Nearly 6 weeks in and I still struggle to feel my way around. One day it's next to my left ball, next day it's not etc etc. When I do press it, it's very easily deflated. I think I've worried over the last few weeks that I'm not deflating properly and not deflating enough as my dick remains quite hard. I now know this is just my 'flaccid' state and it won't go any softer. I've survived this long with it like that and have adjusted to simply always having a semi. If anyone saw it without knowing my history they'd be amazed. "Why's that guy got a big semi like that?". It's  very impressive so it is - even if I say so myself. Looks massive for a flaccid dick but what others wouldn't know is that it doesn't get any bigger when erect, it doesn't grow any more: it just rises for action. Which suits me just fine.

I also now know and accept that I'll probably not wear underwear again. My flaccid dick just hangs down to my left and is more comfortable just left hanging inside my trousers. Same at night too - I now prefer (since my surgery) sleeping with no underwear. All of them I've tried put pressure on my penis and bend it - and having spent my whole life with a bent dick, I'm very happy to leave it straight. Kind of worries me if I'm honest that  I'll damage it by bending it inside my underwear. I also have wondered if my 'hard' flaccid dick - which is straight - is being helped to reshape straight by the pressure of the cylinders, even tho they are not inflated. Night time is when I think about my implant the most, as my penis doesn't really know how to lie on me when I'm in bed. I now sleep on my back for the first time in my life. Lying on either side is difficult as my much larger balls feel awkward and my thighs seem to put pressure on them.

In an earlier post about 2 weeks ago I mentioned that I was worried about how long it takes for my inflated cylinders to stretch out my original bent shape into the new straighter shape. I had told of how it took nearly 10 minutes to very slowly straighten up and how the end result was good and very, very usable but takes too long to get to that shape. I hoped that might correct itself in time and I'm thrilled to report that this week I have seen it stretch out to straight very quickly - so much so that i can see me being able to inflate and have sex immediately. Great news for me.

Sorry that's the taxi here now so I'm going to sign off for now and report back in when I'm home with news to update my journal with.

Cheers

Roddy

SW01

4 months here. It gets better. I wear reeboxx boxer briefs. No problems now whatsoever deflated or in my briefs.

Like others say just give it time. Most definitely it gets better. I am pretty content for sure. Deflated the cylinders feel a lot softer and I hang about 4.30.

Just give it time. Make adjustments for another couple months then things get more normal feeling.

It is worth it in the end.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Pfract

Seems Portugal treated you very well.  8) Soon you are going to be putting it to use.... hang in there man!!! ;D

Stepone

Roddy, all sounds good to me, I am almost at 3 months and yesterday afternoon was another fun day having sex with the spouse. She is so much more relaxed about it now. Our relationship has improved and sex is so good.
Before I wasn't sure if I would make it through our love making. I had about a 50 percent chance of a good finish for me and her. Now, it's been great. So it was late May when I was approved and at 14 love making sessions, only 1 did not have a mind blowing finish. The one that didn't was my fault as I pumped it so hard, after about 45 minutes, my dick started hurting so much I couldn't cum. I was having so much fun, I held back too long....and then I got those stabbing pains, so I had to stop.
So as I and everyone else has said, it's a learning and waiting process. You will get there, you will have your finish.
I can't imagine hanging my dick down. I alternate between tight briefs to tight boxers to keep my semi from being too obvious. I go commando around the house wearing loose shorts, but my dick is always pointing out.
I am curious, so when you are not pumped, it hangs straight down?
Could you take a pic of that?
I don't see how that could ever happen with me.
I have yet to take a shower at the gym since the surgery, as my semi is a SEMI. Lol
By the way, and this is for Mark. There is no way that sexual partners would not know you don't have something going on with your balls and dick. Unless of course, you don't let them fondle your balls and/or dick.
I mean there is a hard pump device in your ball sack, a tube coming out of your shaft at the pump connection that travels along the base of your penis of your penis that goes to the reservoir, etc.
I perform oral on the spouse, but it's rare she blows me....and I am ok with that. But there is no way you could get a blow job and the person would not know something is different. And this would only be true if you have already pumped up to get rid of any dog ears.
Don't get me wrong, in my view, the Titan was made for screwing, not for looking like a soft penis that magically gets hard. I love my Titan, it gives me the functionality of a 18 year old penis.
Feel free to ask questions.
Oh yeah, one more thing, I had my implant performed by a surgeon that performed 147 implants in 2019. His rating was high on a scale of 1 to 5 in all categories. I stayed overnight and had excellent care. So I agree you want a surgeon that does a lot of implants, but finding out positive outcomes are harder to investigate. If your Doctor is good, he will have a group of patients that will be willing to talk to you.
But most guys do not want to talk about their penis issues or their implants. The guys on this site are the exception and I for one am thankful for all the shares.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on July 13, 2019, 08:44:29 AM
There is no way that sexual partners would not know you don't have something going on with your balls and dick. Unless of course, you don't let them fondle your balls and/or dick.
I mean there is a hard pump device in your ball sack, a tube coming out of your shaft at the pump connection that travels along the base of your penis that goes to the reservoir, etc.
I perform oral on the spouse, but it's rare she blows me....and I am ok with that. But there is no way you could get a blow job and the person would not know something is different. And this would only be true if you have already pumped up to get rid of any dog ears.

I guarantee you I could have sex without anyone knowing I have an implant.  No amount of examination (visually or by touch) of my penis reveals an implant if I am even semi pumped and dressed.  The only way it would be discovered is feeing the right side of my scrotum.  If I were getting a BJ all I would have to do is drop my hand to the base of my penis with my thumb at the top of the base and my fingers draped down over that side of my scrotum to discretely shield it.  It would be easy to make it look like it was just being into the event and participating.  Unless she was insistent on pushing my hand away and devouring my testicles (which would make me a little nervous) she would not know.  My pump feels much like a right testicle until you feel up above near the shaft and feel the intake/deflate section.  I am not slightly inhibited but I am not sure how many women dig around in your ball sack.  I have known men that said a date felt the pump and asked: "what's that".  Their reply was "I had an injury and had a surgical repair, don't worry. You can't hurt me. it feels great.  Don't stop.".  And that was the end of the explanation.

Also, I have NO sign of any tube going from my reservoir to the pump and I am lean.  If I probe deep in some positions I can feel a hint of the tube but no one else would ever find that.

Roddy

Great post, Stepone. 👍🏻

Amazing to hear your sex life has been so great since being implanted. Hopefully this is also what awaits me in 10 days (not that I'm counting LOL). Lucky you!!

I terms of hanging down the way, I must be 'hinged' differently to the rest of you. End result is that my erect penis will point just lower than 3pm as you can see from the mirror shot I took on a previous post, rather than pointing up the way towards 2 pm or higher. Different hinge. I cannot really bend my penis up the way from the base - it's strongly rooted into my body I feel. The flip side is that I am wearing 501s with my dick just hanging down my left trouser leg. This is the way forward for me. I've always worn tighter trousers/jeans but my dick is very noticeable in them now. I think I'd be arrested if I went out in public with them on. Glad I never ever threw out my traditional original cut Levi 501s - of which I own a few. Anyways, here's my attempt at attaching a photo again for you. This is me flaccid. Not had much luck a couple of weeks ago with the old photo attachment so I hope it works.

Cheers

Roddy

Pfract

It looks super natural to me Roddy. Except for the way that it sticks out to the front more and then slopes downwards. But nothing to worry about and with time it's something they all say it improves.  

Roddy

Hi Pfract. There are 2 slight turns south as you say. The first turn south is where my natural bend started and is still there but the inflated cylinders now correct that turn. The second one is my soft glans and because I'm in flaccid state, the glans is properly soft whilst the preceding couple of inches are 'flaccid' penis that never really goes soft no matter how much I squeeze it. So that accounts for that turn too. I'm delighted that when inflated it all works well and the bends are corrected.  

Roddy

Day 42 - Post Op

It's exactly 6 weeks ago today that I had my implant. What a journey so far. Been through lots of pain, lots of pain medication and a fair amount of self pity along the way. The first 3 weeks were very tough but then I turned a big corner. I guess for anyone yet to have an implant done, it's very important to know that those 3 weeks are tough but you will get better, much better, around week 3. It honestly doesn't matter how many people tell you to hang in there and it'll get better, when you're in that first 2 week period it really is quite daunting being in that crap storm of pain. It does ease off tho, believe me.

I also went back to work around week 4 for one day before immediately checking back out for a 2 week holiday to Portugal. That was a big psychological boost to return to work, to see all my colleagues after a month and to receive all their good wishes. They have no idea why I was off my work for that length of time other than it was surgery. No one knows about my implant other than my wife, my pancreatic surgeon friend who gave me great support and advice, and my own surgeon, Mr Mike Fraser. I even made the 'mistake' of making love 3 days before week 4 against my surgeon's instructions - so I know it works well. I just wasn't ready for that and immediately regretted that act of passion, regardless of how gentle the whole thing was. I vowed to wait til July 24th til I see Mr Fraser and get the official all clear. Cannot wait for that and am counting the days.

Another major step forward was on Saturday evening (2 days ago) when I managed up to the golf course for 7 holes. I love golf and the personal challenge of it. I'm pretty crap so that's where the challenge comes from. I do realise that it's not everyone's idea of fun and appreciate that it may not be how others would judge progress, swinging what is in effect a stick at a small ball. I love it tho. The first 10 or so swings/hits I was very self conscious and apprehensive about potentially injuring myself or doing my reservoir some damage with the abdominal turn and stretch. Eventually my confidence built up but I didn't go nuts - just swung nice and gentle and only a half swing. Irrelevant of the sporting activity, whichever sport, it was the getting back into the swing (pardon the pun) that was important. I went back up again tonight for 6 holes. I knew when to call it a day and come home so as not to overdo it. Another box ticked.

I must say, however, that golf is a stationary sport - no running - and I have thought a number of times about how I will ever be in such condition that I'll be able to run again. As if this moment, I cannot see myself managing to run. There are constant stabs and jarring jolts of pain every day. Much as I'm up and about leading a pretty much normal life again, there are definitely times when I have to take a 5/10 minute lie down just to take pain/pressure away. It always works and I know that's how I overcome those situations. I always feel better after that rest. That's not doing any great activities or anything but just simple every day life activities. I've always played football (soccer to you guys) which requires agility and lots of sharp twists and turns as well as short, sharp sprints. Ok I'm 47 now, but I still play with friends my own age. I'll not be able to do that for some time, I'd think, indeed if ever again. Who knows? Who knows what 4 months brings? Or 9 months or a year?

I'm still cycling the implant every day for at least 30 minutes. Things are going well in that regard. Pumping up is easy and deflating is still an inconvenience trying to locate the button. I always manage it but just that it's always a hassle.

The pain is very irregular and comes and goes at various times like I've said but I didn't sleep well last night as my penis was very nippy. I held off and held off before reaching for the Tramadol (very strong painkillers) at 4 am. These sent me back to sleep til 8.30 am. The power of drugs. I lay in bed last night thinking about lots of stuff. Things like when will there be no pain? Like no pain at all. I know it's only been 6 weeks so I'm not saying I shouldn't have some pain still but I was thinking more along the lines of "will I always have some residual pain? Is this now just par for the course? Have I changed my body so much that part of the cost for now being able to make love again is to live in pain?" Everyone says the pain goes away but does it actually really go away? I mean, like really fully go away or will there always be those stabs after 12 months or after 24 months etc? I actually have multiple foreign bodies inside me. I was thinking about that last night when I couldn't sleep for the nippy pain. A bionic dick, as Hawk calls it. It really is like The Six Million Dollar Man for anyone old enough to remember how they rebuilt Steve Austin. There is a part of me that's not human, that's not my body. It really is a fantastical thing that I've done. And no one has any clue about it - no one. Not one of my close friends that I see a lot of nor any of my brothers or sisters. No one knows that I squeeze my balls to pump up my dick into a rock hard erection. And then I can potentially screw for hours on end and when I'm done I squeeze another button and it goes back to where it came from. LOL 😂What have I done?

Cheers,

Roddy  

Hawk

Roddy that was an interesting read.  Lots I could relate to, lots that made me get a puzzled grin on my face and a couple of things that need to be put in context.  I too had a TOUGH first week.  Maybe even 3 weeks but the first week caught me off guard.  I guess thought my awesome self would just sail through it but a 4-hour car ride straight out of the recovery room must have taken a toll.  For the record, however, there are some men that never reach for their bottle of pain-killers.

You are making steady progress and someday you will laugh at the thought that you thought you might always have some residual pain.  I was close enough to normal at 3 months that I am not sure I was not totally back to normal.  I only had about a 15-degree curve however so it might take you longer, but make no mistake, it is coming.

Along with that, I can assure you the day is coming when you will go an entire round of golf and not even remember that you have dick.  The best part is that after that round of golf you can go home and score a hole-in-one.

Roddy

🤣 Nice one, Hawk. Love your play on words!!  

Roddy

..... and yes, I agree that it must be the double whammy for me of having a Congenital curve my entire life, and then the disastrous peyronies that mangled my dick even more than it was, that has caused the severe pain early in the post-operative process. My tissue must have been fighting to go back to the way it had spent 40 odd years and this device was ripping it in the other direction. Bound to be sore but getting much better all the time.

tomas1

I may have to revisit my journal, but I think I had a pretty easy time of my recover from surgery.
I had no underlying conditions, so that helped.

I think I returned to golf after maybe 3 weeks, but will have to check that.

My only discomfort was where my big fingered doc inserted the reservoir.
It felt like what I'd imagine a hernia would feel like when I overexerted.

I still get an occasional twinge there, but it's no big deal.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Stepone

Roddy,
Thanks for posting your hang position. It's very natural looking. You have given me an incentive to try to get mine less pumped. I think I have not squeezed enough most times, but I noticed that when it is slightly inflated there is little pain.
Pain is an interesting thing. My urologist that retired said humans don't remember pain, as we do pleasure. You can google it. Interesting read.
But some people don't feel pain with the same intensity that others do. So I thoroughly understand your need for the pain pills.
You have been so free to share what you have gone through.
Thanks again for sharing, your progress is amazing.  

Roddy

Thanks for replying, Hawk, Tomas, and Stepone. Hawk for your enlightenment as always, Tomas for sharing your own memories of how the surgery affected your golf and Stepone for always just sharing your thoughts too in your own personal journey a number of weeks ahead of me in recovery.  

Roddy

Day 45 - Post Op

Happy to report that I continue to make good progress. On Tuesday, Day 43, I managed 12 holes of golf carrying my bag. Today I am just back from my first gym session since my implant. I didn't do any kind of cardio as I just wanted to do some very light weight training. I have been very aware of how much strength I have lost since my operation from just sitting/lying around. My legs have taken a heavy hit and I've had quite a bit of muscle loss over the last 6 weeks. Like a sparrow's 2 legs hanging out of its nest. 😁 Not a worry tho as I'll put that back on in time with proper training. I didn't do any abdominal work or free weights - nothing that would potentially strain my abdomen or balls or any other injury that's probably all in my imagination to be honest. As usual, these everyday things are all small individual psychological hurdles that must be conquered on the road to full recovery.

Talking of everyday life, I continue to be told by my balls and dick when I'm doing too much. I'll get the stabbing pain out of nowhere to remind me to take it easy. When they become more frequent I take a lie down or lie back for 10 minutes and then I'm good again.

Having to wait til 24th July to see my surgeon is doing my head in. And my wife's too. We're both raring to go.

I cycled for 55 minutes last night before bed. The night before for 45 minutes. I measured myself with a ruler from tip to six pack (I wish) and measured myself at 6.30 inches. Very happy with that. Sure I used to be more than an inch longer than that but excision and grafting robbed me of that. If only I'd met Mr Mike Fraser first time round he'd have jumped straight to implant and I'd be a very hard 7.5. Still, can't complain. For the first time in my life I have the straightest dick I'll ever have.

Inflation and erections are straightforward now. No pain. Did I just type that correctly? Yes, indeed, once again for anyone reading thinking of going through the implant or having gone through it recently, the pain of cycling really does just go away - in time. As I'm typing this, my mind goes back to the early days of cycling in the first week and having to do it in a very hot bath to alleviate the searing pain. Then there was the 3rd or 4th day of cycling where the ripping pain was SO horrific that I actually wanted to cry like a child. I didn't, but I really did want to. The implant was tearing and bending my 90 degree turn to straight and in the process there was lots of heavy breathing, cursing and swearing going on.  The guys on here reassured me that it would pass in time and that managing the pain was key. Indeed, it wasn't until really late into week 2 that my good friend (who is a surgeon) told me how poorly patients do at managing pain, and that if taken properly and regularly, I could stay ahead of the pain. And so I did. And whilst I stayed ahead of the pain, on strong painkillers, my body went through the natural healing process and there I was, able to go on holiday for 12 days. I would never have seen that during weeks one and two. So take it in your stride, guys, as much as you can. Use the painkillers as need be, strong ones if need be, cos in the end, as all the guys have said, it all comes good.

Onwards.

Take care all.

Roddy

Hawk

You are on the way Roddy.  I smile and have a lot of thoughts race through my head about you waiting until the 24th.  Under the circumstances and considering things going well weeks ago for you, you must be one solid chunk of willpower.  It will make it sweeter when it happens I guess.

You are there with your body but from where I am I am not sure your body is telling you you are overdoing it at all with those stabbing pains.  Every surgery I ever had was followed by inexplicable pains as never reconnected.  With implant surgery, I had random stabbing that felt like someone sticking a straight-pin into my penis.  It had nothing to do with over-activity or position. It just happened randomly as part of the healing process.  Maybe you are experiencing something a little different, however.  

Roddy

Day 50 - Post Op

Im delighted to say that my wait to see my surgeon for (hopefully) the all clear is upon me. Tomorrow (24th July) I will meet with Mr Mike Fraser for the green light. I cannot foresee any issues and will hopefully be now starting a very exciting new chapter in what is the rest of my (sex) life.

I continue to make superb progress and since my last post (Day 45) I've been to the gym everyday for a workout. I'm still taking it all very slow and in my stride - no crazy loads or sets and all just with the intention of increasing my strength lost through 4 weeks of postoperative recuperation. I'm trying to put on 4 kg that I lost - mostly all muscle wastage from doing nothing but lying on my back. I'm enjoying getting back into my normal routine.

My 'semi' continues to be quite indiscreet - my 'third leg' as it has become. This implant is gonna cost me a small fortune in new jeans and trousers. Hardly anything fits me now and may have to be binned, as they all show off my third leg. 🤣 I've decided to hang fire on throwing any out tho for maybe 6 months or so in case things change.

The nagging pain coming from my scrotum (my 3rd ball) has eased off a lot over the last 5 days since last posting. In my last couple of posts, I've done a fair bit of reminiscing about the low points of weeks 1-3. I'm now SO far away from that experience I'm delighted to say.

In the run up to seeing Mr Fraser I've been testing my glans out for blood engorgement from arousel. Very happy to report that my glans is nice and firm with good feeling in it. Perfect preparation for getting the green light tomorrow.

I've been thinking about questions I should be asking Mr Fraser tomorrow. None of my proposed questions will win any prizes for  originality but mean something to me and are questions I'd like his answer to. I'll share his thoughts in my journal after speaking with him.

Suggested questions:

What size of cylinders (cm) did you use?
Did you have to use Rear Tip Extenders?

How many?

I seem to have a good solid glans when aroused. How far into the glans do the cylinders extend 1/4, 1/2 etc?

How often do you want me to cycle? Still every day? How many months should I do that for?

This flaccid penis always seems erect? As far as I can tell I'm fully deflating (squeezing the full penis) but the end near the glans never really softens. What do you think?

According to Francois Eid, Pressure atrophy of the flesh of the penis and glans will occur over time if the implant is maintained partially inflated. Would my deflated penis (showing Mr Fraser) be classed as partially inflated?

Is this indentation on the left side a result of the excision and graft failing? Will this indentation get any worse in time or just stay the same?

My penis is firmly rooted to my abdomen and struggles to move in an upward direction. What are the dangers of this when having sex?

Are there exercises I should permanently avoid for fear of placing physically too much stress on the reservoir - sit ups etc?

What is your opinion about the life span of this implant in me?

There's discussion out there that there is a limit to the number of replacement implants one could expect in their lifetime. Being 47, all going well, how many replacements do you foresee?

It's said that replacement is a lot more complicated than the original surgery due to among other things, increased risk of infection. What are your thoughts on replacement of an implant?

I'll update my journal tomorrow evening.

Roddy

Hawk

Great to hear from you Roddy.  I have been thinking about you and waiting for an update.  I think your questions are good and although I am confident of some of the answers I an very interested in hearing Dr. Fraser's response to these questions.  

I am also interested in how your first officially sanctioned voyage goes.  It has been weeks and you survived the first trial run.  With your progress, I expect that this is going to be great sex, probably not totally normal and not as movement and pain-free as it will become but far more than just a medical experiment.  I would go so far to say that good enough that even if it never got better, you would not complain.

Pfract

I guess i don't have much to say, other than i am very curious to read your update post clearence for sex. fingers crossed for you roddy! 8)

Roddy

Day 53 - Post Op

Been on my mind through Wednesday and Thursday that I needed to update my journal but I've been too busy having sex to get round to it.

LOL 😆 I wish!!

The timing has just been really poor for me as I've had to rip out carpet across the house, paint all walls and ceilings and then gloss the woodwork in preparation for new carpets being fitted on July 29th. Not had a moment tbh.

So I saw Mike Fraser on Wednesday. He was very happy with how everything was. Asked if I'd used my man at all, to which I told him about my little maiden voyage and how I felt like a little naughty school boy going behind my teacher's back. We laughed and joked about stuff. He is a funny man and very down to earth.

I asked him the questions that I'd planned to and we had a long chat about certain things.

What size of cylinders (cm) did you use? Answer: He used 22cm cylinders on me.

Did you have to use Rear Tip Extenders? Answer: None

I seem to have a good solid glans when aroused. How far into the glans do the cylinders extend? Answer: 1/2 way into glans.

How often do you want me to cycle? Still every day? How many months should I do that for? Answer: everyday for at least half an hour for the first 12 months. He said this is important as my penis models itself and for maximum gain and stretching out of my tissue. He suggested I do this for 30 mins before going to sleep at night, maybe as I read or something. Having thought about this, there's no way I'll be lying in bed at 11 at night, with a hard on, with my wife lying beside me, reading a book!!! I can think of something else far more enjoyable I'll be doing. He said that life quickly begins to get back to normal and it'll be easy to get lazy with cycling as time moves on but that it's important in my case to keep it going on a daily basis.

This flaccid penis always seems erect? As far as I can tell I'm fully deflating (squeezing the full penis) but the end near the glans never really softens. What do you think? Answer: He had a good squeeze of my 'flaccid' and then went right to my sack for a press of the deflate button like only an expert could, no fumbling around looking for the switch but straight to it. He gave it a press then said "nope that is you fully deflated". We then talked about how stiff it still was to which he said it was because the cylinders are quite heavy duty. He took a Titan out of his drawer and let me touch it, squeeze it etc, and yeah, it certainly isn't flimsy. He said that the cylinders definitely soften over the first year and it will not appear just so erect in its soft state.

According to Francois Eid, Pressure atrophy of the flesh of the penis and glans will occur over time if the implant is maintained partially inflated. Would my deflated penis (showing Mr Fraser) be classed as partially inflated? Answer: see my previous answer. This pretty much covers it. Stepone, prior to writing this up, I read your entry about feeling really stressed about being over inflated. I'd say, having shown Mike Fraser my 'semi' where my worry was not being deflated, I watched this expert trying to deflate me further without success. Try not to panic. It seems to me you squeezed too hard till you bruised. Mr Fraser was not concerned about atrophy from my quite stiff 'flaccid'.

Is this indentation on the left side a result of the excision and graft failing? Will this indentation get any worse in time or just stay the same? Answer: what actually happened here was that after excision of my peyronies plaque, a graft was put in. That failed. When Mr Fraser performed my implant surgery, he was concerned about this area of my penis. He wanted to graft it after the implant but was concerned about operation time and the threat of infection. He feels it is an area of definite weakness in the structure of my penis, and whilst the Titan will give it a lot of strength, I've to be very careful with it.

My penis is firmly rooted to my abdomen and struggles to move in an upward direction. What are the dangers of this when having sex? Answer: just be sensible and be aware of sudden movements.

Are there exercises I should permanently avoid for fear of placing physically too much stress on the reservoir - sit ups etc? Answer: no restrictions at all. You'll know from your own body what you do or do not wish to do.

What is your opinion about the life span of this implant in me? Answer: Around 15-20 years. No reason why not. He said he's certainly known the implant to last that long. Unfortunately, due to my excision, there's no way I'll get that long out of mine. He suspects that it'll be my left cylinder that fails first. He suspects this will happen due to the fact that there is a hole in my tunica where the tissue was excised so no covering of the cylinder. With long term inflation he said that the cylinder will develop a weak spot there as it expands uninhibited. He used the analogy of an old fashioned car tyre that, through time, would bubble up then burst. This is obviously very disappointing for me but there's not a lot I can do about it. We'll just need to see what happens in the future.

I was aware of the time and imagined his waiting room filling up with patients (rightly or wrongly). I thanked him for everything he'd done for me and we said our goodbyes. He reassured me I could personally text him at any time with concerns. I finished by asking if I now had the green light for any amount of sex, to which he brilliantly replied "fill your boots".

So, with the house in a lot of upheaval at the minute, any kind of sex would be contrived, not natural and among total mess. Not how I wanted to test drive. Eventually managed to use it last night, however, and it was good to be back in the saddle. I'll update properly when things settle back to normality here and we get the chance to experiment.

Stepone

Roddy,
As usual thanks for your detailed post. You are a thoughtful guy. Also thanks for the clarification alright I also read Hawks last message about erosion, so I don't feel as panicked. I think we both may overthink things sometimes as we both want to make sure we are doing the right things.
Ha, 22cm, it seems a lot of us fall into that number. We should start a 22cm club, lol.
Hawk suggested to me about doing my inflate in the morning. I always get up an hour early of the Mrs, so i do my inflate while drinking coffee and checking my emails. This is a perfect time for me. I know what you mean about sex and trying to make it natural.
I have two thoughts on it. One is that sex should be every day and as often as I want and whenever I want. The other thought is that's not what the wife wants. I think most of us seem to fall into the second thought. So my wife and I reached an agreement, we have sex twice a week on the same day. We schedule other things around our love making and it seems to work rather well. If she is not feeling up to it, we will do it the next night, but it does seem to eliminate hard feelings or disappointment. When I was in my 40's, I know we used to do it most every day, but as we have aged, things have changed. Sex is such a complicated things at time. But I am sure you will soon come to agree that having an implant sure makes sex easier again. As a mater of fact, it is better in a way, as I can always get a hard on.
You have been such a good patient, no doubt in my mind that you will continue to do well.
You, like all of us, have moved through this journey together.
I had a modified Nesbit penis surgery prior to this surgery, I have a dent too, so I just go with the flow now. I am going to try to enjoy my 85 day new penis and put all these unnecessary worries aside.
I am so happy for you as you have progressed, I wish you well and look forward to more of your posts.
Cheers and thanks again.
StepOne  

Hawk

Roddy, great to hear back and clearing up the growing mystery.  I have been looking for your posts at least twice a day and was disappointed each time they were not found.  I was beginning to worry that you might have overdone it and died of a heart attack during sex and we would forever be left without the knowledge that you went out in an explosion of ecstasy, a huge smile on your face, and with Mike Frasers' name on your lips.

Be sure to give your wife your login information just in case so she can at least update us  :)

PS: Your questions and answers were great.  There were no real surprises.  I am not certain I will last as long as your implant (who is?) but if I am still around I would be willing to take the gamble that your cylinder is not the first thing to go.  First, Titan cylinders are the least vulnerable thing in of all the components in the implant world.  Secondly, long before your cylinder goes you would over time start to see the cylinder bulge there and fill the dip, then bulge beyond the dip so instead of a dent in your penis you would have a bulge. At that point just wear a heavy wide silicone cock ring like a tire patch ;)

Roddy

Hi Stepone/Hawk. Thanks for your detailed replies. Stepone, I couldn't agree more with what you're saying regarding sex and making time for each other. Life can so easily get in the way, what with long hours at work, kids etc. You're also doing great in your recovery (apart from your new bruising). Yes, every day or two brings news experiences and boxes ticked in getting back to full fitness. I'm really going to enjoy getting used to this new penis of mine, what it can and cannot do, what feels best and what to avoid. Now that we've used it a few times it's getting exciting.

Hawk, thanks for your insight into how my indentation might develop and your thoughts on how you think the cylinder is the least of our worries when discussing potential failure. All seems very logical what you're saying. Sorry for keeping you in suspense for so long awaiting news of how I got on.

Cheers guys.  

Roddy

Day 58 (8 weeks) Post Op

My recovery continues to improve at a terrific rate. With every post I seem to report how much my life has returned to normal and this post is no exception. I continue to cycle every night before bed - whilst lying in bed - for at least 30 minutes. That is, on the days now when I don't have sex with my wife. I was given the all clear 'sign off' by Mr Fraser only last Wednesday, 7 days ago, and have managed to have sex 4 times since. With each time it has got better and better. Other journals so rightly state that to begin with, in the early sexual encounters after the implant, one seems to be thinking lots of negative thoughts/worries/apprehensions such as "will I go soft just like before" but my early worry was related to how much length I've lost as a consequence of the damned peyronies plaque and then excision. Like I've said before, I reckon I've lost nearly 1.5 inches through that experience. I have been worried about length loss whilst making love this week like "can she feel me?" but with each 'session' I am getting less worried as it is clear my wife is getting what she needs from the new me.

The ability to ejaculate yet continue to make out is extraordinary. Without having actually experienced what I mean it's hard to imagine. That age old worry of mine about cumming too early and her not getting her satisfaction are redundant now. What really is unbelievable is that I now have a straight penis and don't need to try and bend it to use it. My God, 2 months ago I couldn't even show my wife my penis without distress and now it's 'perfectly normal'. Thank you Mike Fraser.

In terms of my recovery, I must report that I've had no feelings of pain at all. The pain that I suffered in the past seems to be all gone. I've been working on DIY around the house really hard over the last week and am really just able to get on with things without any thoughts or worries about my penis. Changed days. What I would say is that bending straight down is still difficult (picking stuff up off the floor or tying my shoe laces etc) on account of my 'flaccid' still being quite hard. On that note, after sex last night, I deflated and I don't know quite what happened. My cylinders emptied upon my squeezing of them more than they've done at any point up till now. So emptied that I could really feel the wrinkled empty cylinders. I was a bit alarmed that this was really the first time I've been able to do that. Not sure why or what that means?

Hope everyone is well.

Take care,

Roddy

Hawk

Quote from: Roddy on July 31, 2019, 06:47:13 PM
On that note, after sex last night, I deflated and I don't know quite what happened. My cylinders emptied upon my squeezing of them more than they've done at any point up till now. So emptied that I could really feel the wrinkled empty cylinders. I was a bit alarmed that this was really the first time I've been able to do that. Not sure why or what that means?

I am not sure why you have not felt that before unless there is some chance you still had some swelling but feeling flat cylinders is normal I'd you totally deflate the feel with your fingers.

Pfract

So nice to have been able to follow your diary and see the posited outcome you had. I wish you all the luck in the future and please, do enjoy as best as you can Roddy!